Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the World (2 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
You are, of course, allowed to your biased opinion as well.
No, then I would be mentioning a Juventino, like, when on form Alessandro Del Piero is the greatest footballer in the world - or a Swede, like, Fredrik Ljungberg is the greatest footballer in the world.
I am simply being realistic. :irritated

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Lawl? So when everyone's on form Kaka is the greatest in the world? I'm sorry mate but that is a joke, and you are being too much Milanista here. He has nothing on Ronaldinho and Henry, and that's almost a fact, even though you are of course allowed to your biased opinion. :p
And your opinion is not biased ?

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
C Ron is going to get a good chance to prove himself on the NT stage next week. Big Euro 2008 qualifier against Belgium, and Simão is suspended and Deco will be out getting his hand fixed up.
Not a big qualifier at all, I have no confidence whatsoever in our little country called Belgium, I fear a big victory for Portugal is on the way.

ADiGATi0N

Dec 2, 2006
Barca Target Ronaldo In Open Real Madrid Snub

Manchester United winger has openly nubbed suggestions of a move to Real Madrid.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are both chasing Ronaldo - arguably the Premiership's best player this season alongside Didier Drogba - to the point that Sir Alex Ferguson has been forced to vent his fury at the two Spanish giants.

The young winger seems to have made another throw of his dice, cleverly pulling himself closer to the Blaugrana without taking their name: by rejecting Los Merengues.

"I consider myself a United footballer who is playing well and trying to help the team," started the 22-year-old.
"If things keep going well, I want to stay here."
"I'm not a Galactico. I'm only thinking about United and I want to stay here for more than two more years.
"I want to leave my mark on this era, win titles and be a figure in the history of this club."

Only yesterday, reports had emerged that Barcelona would be willing to break the bank should Ronaldo be willing to pledge his loyalty by denouncing Real Madrid.

goal

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Not a big qualifier at all, I have no confidence whatsoever in our little country called Belgium, I fear a big victory for Portugal is on the way.
Without Deco, the Portugal NT really lacks a creative engine in the middle to put together good scoring chances. Ronaldo can score from the FKs and will be called upon to be the up-front creativity from the wings -- hopefully along with Ricardo Quaresma. But neither Gomes or Postiga are solid finishers (though Postiga has been better of late).

A lot will probably have to rest on the shoulders of João Moutinho, who has yet to prove himself in that role on the NT. Tiago hasn't been able to translate his club prowess to the NT, and Hugo Viana is a non-factor. Nani can be surprising, but he's not in his best form right now and seems to be better on the wings.

Ultimately, I expect a low-scoring affair, which should benefit Belgium. All it takes is a brain-dead defensive blunder by Caneira, Ferreira, or worst of all - Da Costa - and Belgium is in business. Carvalho and the returned Andrade are great in the center, but they can't do it all.

OP
Quickfeet

Quickfeet

Jan 18, 2007
  • Thread Starter #131
    Without Deco, the Portugal NT really lacks a creative engine in the middle to put together good scoring chances. Ronaldo can score from the FKs and will be called upon to be the up-front creativity from the wings -- hopefully along with Ricardo Quaresma. But neither Gomes or Postiga are solid finishers (though Postiga has been better of late).

A lot will probably have to rest on the shoulders of João Moutinho, who has yet to prove himself in that role on the NT. Tiago hasn't been able to translate his club prowess to the NT, and Hugo Viana is a non-factor. Nani can be surprising, but he's not in his best form right now and seems to be better on the wings.

Ultimately, I expect a low-scoring affair, which should benefit Belgium. All it takes is a brain-dead defensive blunder by Caneira, Ferreira, or worst of all - Da Costa - and Belgium is in business. Carvalho and the returned Andrade are great in the center, but they can't do it all.
    It's ok Deco and Simao out gives yet another chance for Quaresma, possibly Hugo Almeida and Raul Meireles to play. :D Can't wait for Yannick Djalo to make his debut!

Manuel da Costa played for PSV against Arsenal was pretty good, he lacks strength but he's very tall, I think with a little time and work he will become a great defender.

Geof

May 14, 2004

yeah... but we don't have a finisher. Emile Mpenza is back from his Qatar adventure and scored his first goal for Man City, but got injured. So that leaves us with François Sterchele, the best Belgian topscorer of the 'great' Jupiler league. It's his first international. Or Mbo Mpenza could start, but he isn't a finisher.
    ---------------

And C. Ronaldo should stay at ManU. They're prolly the best team out there for the moment, Barca wouldn't suit him.

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
    Right now Cristiano Ronaldo is flying sky high. He has scored 16 goals in the Premiership so far. That's only 2 short of Drogba and he is only a midfielder!

He is faster than lightning, his dribbles are enchanting, he has improved his crosses and passes while his shots are getting better. He is now also a danger on freekicks. A complete right midfielder.

His 2006 WC performance was his final entrance as a star and he effectevely shut up all his critics by showing his class on the pitch this season and was brave to stay in England after what happened in the World Cup. Of course he was completely innocent so he had nothing to fear.

A good man and a fantastic footballer. I have nothing but respect for him.

To me he is the best player in the world at the moment. :star:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)