Cristian Romero (19 Viewers)

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yet he ended up as a legend on this forum :sergio:
Not that I am defending tici. His time was up but:

Sell quick

Kulusevski to add to Romero's embarrassment

Unfortunately there's no point in him returning until 2021, presuming Chiellini retires. Look how many minutes Rugani gets.

The way Lukaku skinned him with his second goal though

Sell, he would never play. Or use in another deal

Plusvalenza.

Use Coccolo as 5th CB.

If we need a 5th CB go for Masiello. Hes HG for Serie A and unlike Rugani, can play as a fullback as well

Have fun. Start from page 15 to see the general consensus on Romero before he started to perform for Atalanta.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
funny thing is nobody here expected romero to turn into a beast so quickly, and the majority of tuz shits on gasp regularly. at least we have an excuse: we're not paid big $$$ to work for the biggest italian club.

it was a weak deal from day 1 by the legendary paratici. just an other day in the office for him. he earned his legendary status under marotta, then after beppe left, it turned out that tici's not even remotely the manager we hoped for. throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks isn't how we should operate.

Jun 16, 2020
funny thing is nobody here expected romero to turn into a beast so quickly, and the majority of tuz shits on gasp regularly. at least we have an excuse: we're not paid big $$$ to work for the biggest italian club.

it was a weak deal from day 1 by the legendary paratici. just an other day in the office for him. he earned his legendary status under marotta, then after beppe left, it turned out that tici's not even remotely the manager we hoped for. throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks isn't how we should operate.
I think we it was either Demiral or Romero last year, with Demiral surely showing more potential than Romero did in 19/20, although he had that injury of course. If you asked my opinion a year ago I also gambled on Demiral.

This transfer didn’t aged well at all - let’s hope that Demiral shows his potential under Allegri.

Sad that we couldn’t keep both, but Romero would never be the Serie A best defender if he played with us this year. Him playing in a defense of 3 at Genoa and Atalanta made things a lot easier, while he’d be struggle like everyone else at Juventus. Without the clause we could easily ask 40/45m tho, so even if you take the covid arguments in consideration it still remains a horrible transfer. To bad Tici, nice scouted though.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think we it was either Demiral or Romero last year, with Demiral surely showing more potential than Romero did in 19/20, although he had that injury of course. If you asked my opinion a year ago I also gambled on Demiral.

This transfer didn’t aged well at all - let’s hope that Demiral shows his potential under Allegri.

Sad that we couldn’t keep both, but Romero would never be the Serie A best defender if he played with us this year. Him playing in a defense of 3 at Genoa and Atalanta made things a lot easier, while he’d be struggle like everyone else at Juventus. Without the clause we could easily ask 40/45m tho, so even if you take the covid arguments in consideration it still remains a horrible transfer. To bad Tici, nice scouted though.
This . People have a short memory and have easilly forgotten that he would have been our 5th defender and also most of the memebers here wanted him sold last summer .
Now that he is doing well everyone regrets it.
I myself said previously that we should have never extended bonbon and kept romero. In hindsight it was a poor decision.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I understand where you guys are coming from but we bought Romero for what, 26M (with bonuses), and then gave him to a team known for developing players on loan with a fixed option which is a joke amount of 16M. That's a gift if I ever saw one. Even if Romero isn't all that, he's a 22 year old CB starting in Serie A, he should have more value than 16M after 2 seasons in Atalanta. Plain stupid deal, always was

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I understand where you guys are coming from but we bought Romero for what, 26M (with bonuses), and then gave him to a team known for developing players on loan with a fixed option which is a joke amount of 16M. That's a gift if I ever saw one. Even if Romero isn't all that, he's a 22 year old CB starting in Serie A, he should have more value than 16M after 2 seasons in Atalanta. Plain stupid deal, always was
Terrible deal even ignoring the price.

It was done at a time when we were planning to play with a back 3 which would be suited to him and 2 of our main CBs are nearing retirement.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
If rumours are to be believed, Argentina will play him in a normal back 4 at the Copa America

It will be interesting to see how he does against top attackers like Neymar, Suarez, Cavani, etc… without the back 3 system

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah but when we bought him for 26, from Genoa we also sold some scrubs for 16 or 18 million to them, like muratore or matiello.
Or was it part of Ruru for 18 million deal.?
I don't remember their names.

That was part of the deal. Tici economics for FFP reasons.
I'm surprised no one remembers this part of the deal.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If rumours are to be believed, Argentina will play him in a normal back 4 at the Copa America

It will be interesting to see how he does against top attackers like Neymar, Suarez, Cavani, etc… without the back 3 system
he played in back 3, back 4 and back 5 with genoa, and back 4 for a couple of games with gasp. i guess he'll be fine.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah but when we bought him for 26, from Genoa we also sold some scrubs for 16 or 18 million to them, like muratore or matiello.

We do remember, but Romero was what, 20 when we bought him? Even if he was overpaid, his value or potential value is higher than 26M. Selling him for a discount is just bad

- - - Updated - - -

It was Sturaro going their way btw

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
When your club starts doing shady deals selling young talents so they can pay high wages to overrated veterans your club is firmly in post Allegri Milan status. Thank God we fired the passport briber.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Whatever way this transfer is looked at it was a poor deal at the time and it’s an even poorer deal now. In fact now it’s a disastrous bit of business, it’s almost fascinating how poor we are at selling our players, constantly accepting book value.

Romero was always a talent, he did well at Genoa and he was always going to break out at Atalanta. I’ve got no issue with the sale price if we had a buy back option. But to not protect yourself with an option on a young and promising player in a position that we are ageing in and that is notoriously difficult to recruit for is nothing short of incompetence

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

How 2m loan fee can help us for FFP economic reason? Its not obligation to buy and the loan with option is for 2 years. In 2 years people expecting football and economic already recover

Imagine Inter doing the same with Bastoni 2 years ago (2019) if they sold Bastoni after spent a season with relegation survivor Parma. It would be bad deal. Its what we did with Romero

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
How 2m loan fee can help us for FFP economic reason? Its not obligation to buy and the loan with option is for 2 years. In 2 years people expecting football and economic already recover

Imagine Inter doing the same with Bastoni 2 years ago (2019) if they sold Bastoni after spent a season with relegation survivor Parma. It would be bad deal. Its what we did with Romero
You get a big capital gain for Sturaro (I think he was the player who was sent to Genoa) because his book value was next to nothing. Romero’s book value by the time his loan is over will be in par with the option fee or less, which means the the operation is net positive.
I know it’s stupid but that’s the way it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)