Cristian Romero (4 Viewers)

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
that's not how it works, mate. cash flow and book value has nothing to do with each other, and the counterparties are actual separate contracts. the board doesn't have an asterisk besides romero's name stating that "ruru was part of the same deal and wasn't worth too much anyways"

would you be happy selling arthur for 30m? by your logic, we paid 9m +10m for him (pjanic was sold for 63, arthur was bought for 72m + potential 10m bonus), so selling him for 30m would mean a potential "profit" of 11m to 21m by your logic, right? in reality, selling arthur for 30m this winter would result in a capital loss of ~35m, bonus aside.

romero's yearly amortization is 5,5m per season. not only we gave him to genoa for free, we paid them 2m (that could rise to 5,3m), and we loaned him to atalanta for 2+2m (a loss of 1,5m even is bonus conditions are met), and will potentially sell him for 16m to atalanta, which is below his expected book value (~17m) next summer.

if your own calculation still makes you happy, then i'm happy for you. i only have one explanation for this: we accepted the best offer, so shame on romero's agent and tici for not working harder to find a better one.
Yeah but he is to be sold the summer after so we have a plusvalenza, right?

Nejc

May 13, 2006
the board doesn't have an asterisk besides romero's name stating that "ruru was part of the same deal and wasn't worth too much anyways"
Since you seem to know this stuff, wouldn’t sale of Sturaro then also need that asterisk when his book value was a few million but was sold for about 10 million more?

What I imagine is the club would record appreciation(not sure its the correct term) of about 10 million on Sturaro sale and then record depreciation of ~5 million every year that Romero has a contract?

And then similar thing with Muratore and Romero this year...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Was always an odd transfer given that he seems pretty ideal for the back 3 that Pirlo is trying to play and our injury issues at the back.

I think we undervalued him after panicking that we needed to get some plusvalenza. Hopefully we have kept an option on him to bring him back at a reasonable price.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Looked bad at Genoa. Better at Atalanta. But both teams use 3 CBs. At Genoa he played on the right and had to mark and sit deep. At Atalanta he's in the centre just running and killing people 1 v 1.

I wish we could see him in a traditional setup. Atalanta is completely irregular. There is no defensive line, no passing off attackers, just pure 1 v 1 all over the field.

Physically he's superior, clearly.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Since you seem to know this stuff, wouldn’t sale of Sturaro then also need that asterisk when his book value was a few million but was sold for about 10 million more?

What I imagine is the club would record appreciation(not sure its the correct term) of about 10 million on Sturaro sale and then record depreciation of ~5 million every year that Romero has a contract?

And then similar thing with Muratore and Romero this year...
Agree, but didn't bother to point that out.
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. If a player is sold for 18 and the other is bought with 28, the club records a loss + the salary difference, regardless of the number of years the amortization takes place.
The difference would still be - 10 mil. +- salary.

It's just financial gymnastics for ffp reasons.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
So far he is a big game player for them. Very good in Champions League and in some big matches.

He really a player with grinta and character from what i seen and looks like will develop into a good player. It's quite a loss for us with only 16m

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Can Atalanta afford to pay 18mil for one player with post Covid finances? Their club record transfer fee is Muriel for 22mil

They have made a couple recent purchases of similar value but those were funded by larger outgoing transfer fees like when we paid them 40mil for Kulu and Milan paid 30mil for Kessie.

Not saying they won't, just saying we could get Romero back if Atalanta don't sell a starter or two this next summer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Can Atalanta afford to pay 18mil for one player with post Covid finances? Their club record transfer fee is Muriel for 22mil

They have made a couple recent purchases of similar value but those were funded by larger outgoing transfer fees like when we paid them 40mil for Kulu and Milan paid 30mil for Kessie.

Not saying they won't, just saying we could get Romero back if Atalanta don't sell a starter or two this next summer.
Serie A is the best league in the world dontcha know

KirilovBG

Sep 5, 2018
Cristiano Romero stats v Milan

▪47 Touches
▪88.9% Accurate passes
▪4/6 Ground duels won
▪1/2 Dribbles succeed
▪4 Interceptions
▪3 Clearances
▪2 Blocked shots
▪2 Tackles
▪1 Key pass
▪1 Assist
▪1 Goal

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why did we potentially take such a big loss. I thought we usually made money with these type of deals.
With the loan fee it's €20m but the answer is fairly easy - he wasn't that great at Genoa, and current financial climate. It is rare that we lose money on these deals for younger players, usually we break even at least.

Also, to be clear, that was his best game by far this season, marking Ibra, goal and assist, he doesn't do that every week. But he's definitely improved. He likes these kind of direct battle games, so basically the opposite of someone of Bonucci, but as we have Demiral who seemed like a better version of him (pre-injury issues he clearly was) we weren't going to keep both.

It's better for someone like him to grow at a club like Atalanta, who are a top 4 or 5 club now, instead of Juve, it's not the same pressure there. He makes mistakes and is a bit brainless on occasion but you can grow as a 22 year old at Atalanta. If they don't win the scudetto they just say that no one expected it anyway.

Jun 16, 2020
We were basically with our back against the wall. He’d struggle to find playtime here, to many players in the roster (with Rugani, De Sciglio etc), I’d be happy if we don’t record a loss. At least one player who’s out on loan and who’s performing well.

Saw some ugly games of him at Genoa, Demiral looked a lot better. Everything that I saw at Atalanta was pretty good tho, but not enough to regret loaning/selling him.

Mandragora also the same kind of deal that has to be sorted out, not even a starter at this point for Udinese. Those inflated selling deals are really ugly, with Sturaro as the foundation for us buying Romero for 26m.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)