Cristian Romero (2 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
How did he play against Liverpool?
Atalanta won and not conceded as he was in the centre of their defense.

He's a steal for Atalanta with only 20m purchase option. It should be higher if it an option

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He performs so good in the CHL. Last night against Ajax he also performed very well. d Against My FC Midtjylland he also scored a crucial goal before.

Cant believe we sell him cheaply. Loan fee and the option really cheap. Maximum we can get only 20m while we bought for 26m

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that an agreement has been finalized with Atalanta B.C. S.p.A. for a two-season loan, until 30 June 2022, of the registration rights of the player Cristian Romero for a consideration of € 2 million to be paid during current financial year.
The agreed consideration might be increased up to € 2 million upon achievement of certain sportive performance objectives over the two-season period.
The agreement also provides Atalanta B.C. S.p.A. with the option right for the definitive acquisition of the player at a price of € 16 million to be paid in three financial years.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Yep, he looks great so far. Give player to Gasp and he makes something of him. Maybe we should try to loan Berna. Unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I firmly believe that a loan with option is a bad move. Either loan with obligation or a dry loan.
Anyway, we don’t have to pay his salary and we record a small plusvalenza on him while his price was inflated in return for a big plusvalenza on Sturaro. All in all it’s an acceptable deal and even if he’s good we won’t miss him much considering the options we have.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
could't help myself of course

https://www.juventus.com/en/club/investor-relations/statements/reports#season-2019-20

no mention of buyback clause in the final financial report, but his free loan to genoa generated some revenue - for genoa :baus:

p69, footnotes: Juventus signed an agreement with Genoa for the free of charge and temporary transfer up to 30 June 2020 of the registration rights of the said player with bonuses in favour of Genoa of a maximum of € 5.3 million on achieving certain sports objectives, of which € 2 million already accrued

so we overpaid to genoa when we bought romero, then we gave them the player for free, and now we're paying them some bonuses too. and we also sold the guy to atalanta for chips.

wtf tici :rofl: 10/10 mercato, give this man a medal already

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

https://www.juventus.com/en/club/investor-relations/statements/reports#season-2019-20

no mention of buyback clause in the final financial report, but his free loan to genoa generated some revenue - for genoa :baus:

p69, footnotes: Juventus signed an agreement with Genoa for the free of charge and temporary transfer up to 30 June 2020 of the registration rights of the said player with bonuses in favour of Genoa of a maximum of € 5.3 million on achieving certain sports objectives, of which € 2 million already accrued

so we overpaid to genoa when we bought romero, then we gave them the player for free, and now we're paying them some bonuses too. and we also sold the guy to atalanta for chips.

Yeah, this human trade has to end. Stupid speculation on talents to boost books is a horrible way forward.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

Didn't we sell ruru for 18 mil., when his real value was like 3 to 5?
I mean "the piruete master" would certainly be stuck here if we didn't make this financial gimnastics

May 26, 2016

Unbelievable. Makes me angry knowing we gave such a promising player away

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Didn't we sell ruru for 18 mil., when his real value was like 3 to 5?
I mean "the piruete master" would certainly be stuck here if we didn't make this financial gimnastics
the ruru deal was very well compensated with the original romero deal. his historical book value is well over 28m, while his real value wasn't more than 10 at that time.

imo it's simply bad business.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
the ruru deal was very well compensated with the original romero deal. his historical book value is well over 28m, while his real value wasn't more than 10 at that time.

imo it's simply bad business.
Yeah they payed 18 for ruru while we payed 28 or 30 for Romero.
Efective we payed 10 to 12 for Romero and sold him for 20 million.
I remind you that at the start of the season few wanted him to remain here.
Only after his performances people started to see that he is a good player.
I stated many times the we should have gotten rid of bonbon and kept Romero, although bon bon is very hard to get rid of.

Do you think paying 10-12 for Romero is overpaying? I say we robbed them, just as Atalanta seemed to have robed us.

Also If the objectives are met 20-5.3=14.7
Bought for 12= +2.7 profit for a player that never played for us.

Or, am I doing it wrong?

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Efective we payed 10 to 12 for Romero and sold him for 20 million.
that's not how it works, mate. cash flow and book value has nothing to do with each other, and the counterparties are actual separate contracts. the board doesn't have an asterisk besides romero's name stating that "ruru was part of the same deal and wasn't worth too much anyways"

would you be happy selling arthur for 30m? by your logic, we paid 9m +10m for him (pjanic was sold for 63, arthur was bought for 72m + potential 10m bonus), so selling him for 30m would mean a potential "profit" of 11m to 21m by your logic, right? in reality, selling arthur for 30m this winter would result in a capital loss of ~35m, bonus aside.

romero's yearly amortization is 5,5m per season. not only we gave him to genoa for free, we paid them 2m (that could rise to 5,3m), and we loaned him to atalanta for 2+2m (a loss of 1,5m even is bonus conditions are met), and will potentially sell him for 16m to atalanta, which is below his expected book value (~17m) next summer.

if your own calculation still makes you happy, then i'm happy for you. i only have one explanation for this: we accepted the best offer, so shame on romero's agent and tici for not working harder to find a better one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)