Cristian Romero (4 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well, the kid was never that good to begin with. He's been a little bit overhyped imo and the price tag did its thing too. We need to remember the price tag was inflated as it was connected to Sturaro's sale (dem monies were needed when we were signing CR7).

Last but not least - in what world Romero cost more than Demiral? That should make everyone thinking.

So now we're here, dealing with an artificial value of a player by using some dumb accounting tricks.
Transfer fees are always dictated by the standing and financial position of the negotiating teams. For example if we were to try to buy the same Demiral now from Sassuolo we'd never get him for €18m.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Transfer fees are always dictated by the standing and financial position of the negotiating teams. For example if we were to try to buy the same Demiral now from Sassuolo we'd never get him for €18m.
That's true but as far as I remember, both deals were done in the same transfer window, so comparisons are fair imo.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I still remember Berat Djimsifi in 2016 was so so bad , even Albania didn't call him for euros , but since he went to Atalanta he changed 100% , for me he is best albanian defender now (CB) , i'm sure Gasp will help this guy (Romero) and he will be really good defender , he'll be on starting 11 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was loaned to Avellino for a year :touched:

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Ahh my bad , totally forgot about him , nah Kumbulla is better for sure .

But I remember Djimsiti looked so clumsy,afraid whenever he had the ball , but now he is totally diferent playe ,played great game against PSG , wasn't afraid to keep the ball , he has improved alot , I think the same will happen with Romero , but Romero has higher potential for sure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We should loan them Rugani. After last year he need to regain his confidence by getting more minutes. And see how he can do in Atalanta

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
2m loan + 2m bonus if certain condition achieved
16m option to buy. If its an option, it should be higher because the decision is in theirs. If he success the price will be doubled. If he failed, Atalanta can cancel the option

Our hands looks tied in this deal except if we got something later from them

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I can’t get my head around the logic of our transfer dealings with this kid. Massively overspent buying him from Genoa and have now sent him to Atalanta on a 2 year giveaway with the best case scenario being receiving a grand sum of 18m that will be payable over 3 years (if activates it’ll be in 2 years time so it will take us at best 5 years to be paid that sum).. oh and we bought him for 26m last year

Some of our fucking selling is criminal. Paratici needs to be put on trial in the highest court in the land

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
bought for 26, sold for 18. wtf
We havent sold, we gave 2 year free loan AND option, not obligation but mere option. It makes no sense, why we are bending over backwards to accommodate them this much.

Are we getting a player from them soon to butter them up like this? Or do we believe in this trade piece that we wanna use him in 2 years? Whatever way you look at it, it makes little to no sense.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We havent sold, we gave 2 year free loan AND option, not obligation but mere option. It makes no sense, why we are bending over backwards to accommodate them this much.

Are we getting a player from them soon to butter them up like this? Or do we believe in this trade piece that we wanna use him in 2 years? Whatever way you look at it, it makes little to no sense.
it's not a free loan, it's 2m + 2m bonus, plus the 16m option. his book value is very close to this amount, so no capital gain is expected, but it's not a loss either. i expected a much better deal regarding him, but we're just armchair xperds, it's tici & co who have the opportunity to see and evaluate all offers.

now i truly hope we won't overpay for gosens.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

i think we are retaining a buy-back option on him just in case he turns class and this was probably the only way we could compromise with Atalanta giving him back for cheap to us, plus ofc some other 'balancing the book' details we probably know nothing about that might have worked in this formula.

Anyway, agreed, very odd way to do it regardless.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Bizzare deal.

1m or 2m (if conditions are met whatever they are) a year for the loan is low, then an option which seems to under value him at 16m.

This isn't Matuidi or Danilo. This is a highly regarded young player with his future ahead of him.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Bizzare deal.

1m or 2m (if conditions are met whatever they are) a year for the loan is low, then an option which seems to under value him at 16m.

This isn't Matuidi or Danilo. This is a highly regarded young player with his future ahead of him.
No, he has been a average defender so far.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
No, he has been a average defender so far.
Seemed highly regarded by us a year ago.

Also put in a couple of very good performances against us. He had an up and down season but he is a young defender playing in a pretty poor Genoa side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)