Cristian Pasquato (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
I dont really care who he supports, players are entitled to support whoever they want, so long as they give their all when donning on the Juve jersey - it is their job after all! pretty optimistic to think everyone on the pitch grew up a Juve supporter, nuh uh

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I dont really care who he supports, players are entitled to support whoever they want, so long as they give their all when donning on the Juve jersey - it is their job after all! pretty optimistic to think everyone on the pitch grew up a Juve supporter, nuh uh
this.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
It's their job to support the club that owns them. When you signs for a club, your heart must also signs with them. You can support their rival but you don't show it to public. Winning the fans' heart is the main interest here. If the fans hate the player because of it then there's nothing he can do about it and chances are his playing time will be cut short. Saying that you're supporting one of the rival in the public means that you want that rival team to win the title more than the club he's currently in. That's just a stupid move.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Well, except for the small fact that he is still owned by Juve, I guess.

Aug 1, 2003
sure it's tactless and somewhat disrespectful considering he's still owned by Juve, but I don't think that's too big of a deal. a player can give just as much equal heart to a team because of his discipline/work ethic/rapport with teammates or management etc - just saying these players also grew up as football fans of other clubs.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
It's not too big of a deal because now he's just another player who gets loaned out for playing time. But imagine one of our 11 players or even the bench warmers saying that.

Apr 15, 2006
Exactly.
It's their job to support the club that owns them. When you signs for a club, your heart must also signs with them. You can support their rival but you don't show it to public. Winning the fans' heart is the main interest here. If the fans hate the player because of it then there's nothing he can do about it and chances are his playing time will be cut short. Saying that you're supporting one of the rival in the public means that you want that rival team to win the title more than the club he's currently in. That's just a stupid move.
Nope. That's honesty. If he truly is a Milan fan, but still said the he hope Juve wins it, then he's just lying about his allegiance. His words would hold no value. Neither for him, nor for us.
It's not too big of a deal because now he's just another player who gets loaned out for playing time. But imagine one of our 11 players or even the bench warmers saying that.
Perhaps that's why he said it when he moved to a different league.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Nope. That's honesty. If he truly is a Milan fan, but still said the he hope Juve wins it, then he's just lying about his allegiance. His words would hold no value. Neither for him, nor for us.
Sometimes shutting up is better. You're not lying if you don't say anything. If it's a personal matter and he keeps to himself then I don't care but saying it in public means he wants to let the public know and react to his statement, that is something a professional player shouldn't do. It means he's not respecting the fans of the club he's currently in.

Perhaps that's why he said it when he moved to a different league.
That one is more like a respectful act for Lecce because he played for a Serie A team that is Lecce back then. But in either case he's still a Juve player.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
(If true - and I doubt it is) Still a stupid thing to say publicly, maybe even disrespectful. Right behind doing a Balo and donning the Milan shirt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)