Cristian Molinaro (5 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Even if he's having a good form at Stuttgart I doubt he'll amount to be anything more than a decent left back. He'll jump clubs every 2-3 seasons and fade into retirement. I don't regret this sale one bit. Good riddance.

Vaffanculo Molinaro.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Ah so playing in CL against Barca is less pressure than playing with Juve in EL against Ajax?
No one expected Stuttgart to win against Barcelona, hence reducing a lot more pressure from players and can possibly work on their favor. With Juventus, we are expected to win most of our games, making the pressure bigger.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Molinaro's days with Juventus were horrendous. Everyone in here wanted him out, and rightfully so. We were even surprised we could sell him for 4.5M (?) to Stuttgart. Then he did well in Germany and I think that's what he's being hailed for now. Some were even pissed that we included the option to buy in the loan because we could have gotten more for him. The fact remains that there's far less expectations and pressure playing for Stuttgart than playing for Juventus, which explains his positive run in Germany.

I'm still pleased that we sold him.
Not everyone :stuckup:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No one expected Stuttgart to win against Barcelona, hence reducing a lot more pressure from players and can possibly work on their favor. With Juventus, we are expected to win most of our games, making the pressure bigger.
In fact, excessive pressure is what made melo, diego and Amauri flop... even coaches suffer from it.

We demand this Juve to be like the old Juve. The old Juve was feared by every team on the continent ... and the players realize that once they put the jersey on.

The no-room for mistakes ends up creating many mistakes rather than limiting them. Once a number of mistakes have been committed.. it all goes down hill.

The same thing is what happened to last year's pool. Alonso is influential, no doubt about that, but he is not the kind of player that would change one of the strongest 3 sides in the world to a Europa league level team. United would have lost the league if it weren't for the 2 moments of luck by Macheda.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Cristian Molinaro was born in Vallo della Lucania, on 30 July 1983 to Emilio, who is a high school P.E. teacher, and Franca, who is an elementary school teacher and raised in Moio della Civitella, near Salerno. Cristian has two brothers, both of them older than he is: Bartolomeo, a chartered accountant, and Angelo, a humanities teacher. Cristian has a surveyor diploma and naturally his favourite subjects at school were humanities. Molinaro began playing football at age five in the Gelbison team. He always played as a left winger in those days. When he joined Salernitana's youth academy he was moved to left-back.
Club career
Salernitana

Molinaro started his career at Salernitana of Serie B.
Siena

When Salernitana went bankrupt and started again in Serie C1 in 2005, he was signed by Juventus F.C. on free transfer, who immediately loaned him to A.C. Siena, along with half of the player's rights, for a nominal transfer fees of €500.
Juventus

In June 2007, Juventus which won the Serie B championship bought him back for €2.5M and he signed a contract until 2012, as the team lacked a left-back in the previous season after Giorgio Chiellini moved to central back.

During the 2007–08 Serie A season, his first season at Juventus, Molinaro started in 30 league matches and was a first team regular. He scored one goal. On 28 November 2008, Molinaro extended his deal with Juventus until 2013. After the deal, Molinaro stated, "I am really happy. It means I have earned it. I have been able to fulfil many dreams here at Juventus like playing in the Champions League for example."

In the 2008–09 season, he continued to play as a regular.
Stuttgart

With the arrival of Italy international Fabio Grosso and Uruguayan Martín Cáceres in the summer, Molinaro signed a loan deal with VfB Stuttgart on 5 January 2010 which initially saw him stay at the club until the end of the 2009–10 season.[4] On 1 June 2010, VfB Stuttgart took advantage of a contract option and signed Molinaro permanently until June 2014.[5] Juventus announced that on 14 June they received €3.9M transfer fees and the deal was completed.[6]
[edit] International career

Molinaro received his first international call-up on 6 August 2010 under new head coach Cesare Prandelli.[7] He made his debut on 10 August 2010, starting in the match against Côte d'Ivoire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)