Crespo? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Crespo set to stay at Inter

Serie A - Hernan Crespo believes there is a "99% chance" he will remain with Internazionale for the 2007-08 campaign instead of returning to Chelsea.

The Argentinian striker is about to finish the first of a two-year loan deal at Inter, but the London club do have the option of bringing the player back to England.

If Chelsea are to exercise that option, however, they must do so by May 31.

Crespo would give the Premiership giants another top striker and it would seem a plausible move for Blues boss Jose Mourinho with Andriy Shevchenko having endured a difficult year after moving from AC Milan.

However, Didier Drogba did hit form this season and helped fire Chelsea to FA Cup glory and Arjen Robben also played very well.

All the indications Crespo has received from his agent are that he will be in Serie A next season.

"It is not official yet but there is a 99% chance that I will remain at Inter," the 31-year-old Crespo said to Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I want to thank Chelsea and my agent, who has done a miracle job. It is a present that has no price.

"I am delighted but I want to wait until May 31 before celebrating."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28052007/58/serie-crespo-set-stay-inter.html

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Chelsea give Crespo to Inter

Hernan Crespo will extend his spell at Inter after Chelsea agreed to let him stay at the San Siro, the player’s agent has confirmed.

“We have finalised a deal with Inter,” revealed the South American’s representative Fernando Hidalgo.

“We have agreed to another year on loan, plus a new two-year contract. We are very happy as this is exactly what we wanted.”

The Argentine, who is contracted to the Stamford Bridge club until 2008, had joined the Nerazzurri last summer on a loan deal and was keen to remain.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon was expected in Milan today to discuss the player’s position with talk that Crespo would be recalled, given that they will lose Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou to international duty next season.

However, Kenyon did not travel to Italy, but technical director Marco Branca received a fax this morning confirming that Chelsea will not avail themselves of the option to recall him.

The much-travelled attacker, who also appeared for Parma, Lazio and Milan, scored 14 Serie A goals this season and recently stated that he was ready to end his career with the Beneamata.
Source: Channel 4
________________________________​

Thanks God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)