Crespo in shock Juve link (2 Viewers)

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Crespo in shock Juve link

Monday 4 July, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan’s hopes of keeping Hernan Crespo could be dashed with Chelsea ready to offer the player to Juventus.

The Rossoneri are keen to hold on to the Argentine after a successful 12 month loan stay at the San Siro.

But whispers in the peninsula on Monday are suggesting that Crespo could end up at Italian champions Juventus instead.

Chelsea, the club who still own the South American, are prepared to include the forward in a player plus cash deal for David Trezeguet.

The London club are desperately seeking a new striker and have reportedly made the Frenchman their new priority.

Juventus may consider accepting the proposal given that they would not only net some much needed funds but also a proven striker to replace Trezeguet.

Crespo, who is keen to stay in the country after recently marrying an Italian, has already had substantial success in Italy during spells at Parma, Lazio, Inter and Milan.

Should Crespo join Juventus, or not return to Milan, then the Rossoneri will make an attempt to sign Christian Vieri.

The latter left Inter on Friday after terminating his contract a year early and is available on a free transfer.

Vieri is said to be in favour of an Italian stay in order to remain in the mind of Italy boss Marcello Lippi ahead of the World Cup Finals.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Edge

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Crespo is cursed, everywhere he has gone, the team he played for never won any majoy trophy ! Even when he scored twice in the CL final last year !!!

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
    Signing Hernan would mean no Gila or Cassano. I'd take either of them over him, but he's still a fine player..

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    If we sign Crespo then Milan will go all out for Gilardino. The only real strategy IMO is getting Crespo and letting him go to Milan. So we can get Gila, although I'd think that Milan would refuse anyways and go ahead with Gilardino.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    i agree with rather having Toni than Crespo maybe not Trez though!

I hear Toni is linked away from Palermo maybe he is coming to Juve in a "Surprise Transfer"

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++

Have you been drinking John ? :D
    nope....i jus think that if we want a big striker to socre goals...toni is stronger and in the recent seasons more consistant...the money trez brings in could be wisely spent elsewhere.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    I hate being linked to these 'old' strikers man!!! Yeah crespo is good, vieri is battered, toni .....who ever mentioned his name should FORGET this one. Short term strikers then what? 12months down the line were gonna be linked to other strikers. Get Gila or Cassano, young Italian blood. then we wont have to worry bout strikers for the next 5-7 seasons. Least that way we can concentrate on other areas of the team.

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Moggi D'Messiah ] ++
    I hate being linked to these 'old' strikers man!!! Yeah crespo is good, vieri is battered, toni .....who ever mentioned his name should FORGET this one. Short term strikers then what? 12months down the line were gonna be linked to other strikers. Get Gila or Cassano, young Italian blood. then we wont have to worry bout strikers for the next 5-7 seasons. Least that way we can concentrate on other areas of the team.
    we kinda have someone called zlatan for the young striker role...mutu also helps....

We imo jus lack a consistant big scorer.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Exactly!! but the only goalscorer worthy who consistantly scores in serie A is Gila. Imagine Ibra/Mutu/Gila next season? fire power or what! I totally love Ibra & Mutu, they can create yet have the eye for goal. Gila is more of a natural goalscorer.

MOGGI!!! Read this dam you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)