Craft beer (12 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #44
    My ale this evening, Natty Greene's Southern Pale Ale. The last of the bottles that came back with me from the NC trip.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #46
    I buy my fair share of Lagunitas. I even have a Lagunitas ale jar but I am not a fan of stout.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    You mean like Kraft macaroni & cheese?

(OK, so that's probably "Mondelēz International" for all you You're-a-peein's.)
    lol i used to work at a cheese shop and people would always ask about kraft. like what? go to dairy yo.

- - - Updated - - -

nice to see JCK know so much about beers. most people in europe i've talked to don't know how big beer culture is in the US.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Actually, much of the beer world credits American home brewers for turning that all around.

Just sayin'... :D

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Might try me some of dis Craft Beer. What brands are based in the UK? If anyone actually knows? If not, then fuck ya then. :D

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #56
    Might try me some of dis Craft Beer. What brands are based in the UK? If anyone actually knows? If not, then fuck ya then. :D
    JuveJay named a few, BrewDog is from Scotland and have a wide range, there's actually quite a lot on the UK.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Actually, much of the beer world credits American home brewers for turning that all around.

Just sayin'... :D
    If you go to the beer/ale aisle in any of the large supermarkets here there are a lot of American crafts represented, from the bigger ones like Boston BC or Sierra Nevada to the smaller ones. In terms of sales I'm not sure how well they do, as they clearly have import costs on them, they are 50p-£1 more per bottle in my experience, and so the casual ale drink will more likely go for one of the many local/national variants. In terms of production and method the Californian IPAs and APAs in particular have definitely breathed life into the industry.

- - - Updated - - -

The likes of Wychwood, Badger, Morland and Greene King you could find in any large supermarket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)