Count Down to Gray's Season Compilation (1 Viewer)

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Thanks for the suggestion Juventinho, but I've already started working on the compilation, and that includes choosing a track already. To be honest I'm not 100% satisfied with the feel of the music I've chosen, but I guess it's too late to turn back now :mute:
off topic but i want an avatar do u know how ?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
*drums fingers on table*
:D
Leave me alone dammit! :fero::D

To be honest, the biggest hurdle I've faced so far is batch converting RMVB and WMV to AVI format (or anything else that's compatible with Virtualdub). I downloaded the full matches in a lot of different formats, and it's annoying, having to convert the matches individually.

Does anyone know of a good batch converting program that can convert a whole bunch of files in one go? I've tried things like WinAVI, Mediansoft and Magic Video Converter or something like that, but every program I try has its own problems; none of them will just work dammit! :(:(:(

++ [ originally posted by Juventinho ] ++
off topic but i want an avatar do u know how ?
There's a thread called the avatar and signature centre or something along those lines; you should get help there

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Does anyone know of a good batch converting program that can convert a whole bunch of files in one go? I've tried things like WinAVI, Mediansoft and Magic Video Converter or something like that, but every program I try has its own problems; none of them will just work dammit! :(:(:(
mencoder, part of mplayer :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
You read my mind; I was just about to come back asking how I'm s'posed to use this thing :D

EDIT: Can't find anything here concerning batch processing, but that's probably because I've only looked at the page for about 2 seconds :)

btw just incase I can't find it in the FAQ, could u give me any pointers on what I should enter to simply batch convert all files of x type into a different format?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ah.. well since mencoder and mplayer are both command line apps, you can enroll them in batch processing without asking for permission.

For example
for i in $(ls *.mpg); do mencoder <options> $i; done

gray

Apr 22, 2003
oh, right..

hrmm, I'm in a bit of a hurry to get to sleep atm cos I have to be up in about 5 hours, but I'll try to get this figured out so I can have it churning away overnight.

while I'm at it, my apologies for not bothering to try this out sooner, it looks promising :embarass:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
oh, right..

hrmm, I'm in a bit of a hurry to get to sleep atm cos I have to be up in about 5 hours, but I'll try to get this figured out so I can have it churning away overnight.

while I'm at it, my apologies for not bothering to try this out sooner, it looks promising :embarass:
I like mencoder myself. At work we're using AnyStream, but then we pay for that. If wanted to go the open source route, mencoder would definitely be on my short list.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
$@()$$@!()$@ :(:(:(

This morning before I left the house to go to uni, I decided to merge a couple of the partitions on my HDD, so I could organise my folders a bit better etc.

So I left PartitionMagic running and left the house...

When I came back home, I saw an error message saying that I needed to reboot the computer, so I did.

I had a look to see what had happened with the partition merging, and found that I'd completely erased 3 of my partitions, which contained 15GB of football videos and photos that I've taken, as well as some uni work...

I'd backed up about half of the photos, but my whole collection of football videos went down the drain.

Serves me right for not bothering to do routine backups, and not backing up my data before a hard disk operation.

:(

The good news though, is that my Juve matches were saved on a different partition, so the compilation is still going ahead, but I've lost all of the individual goal videos and some other highlights I wanted to put in.

Such is life :down:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Excuses, excuses, now continue working! (I would've said if I was my math teacher).

Seriously, that's very sad to hear. I'm sure other members here have the goals too, and can send them to you.

Oh, how could I forget. Haha! :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
$@()$$@!()$@ :(:(:(

This morning before I left the house to go to uni, I decided to merge a couple of the partitions on my HDD, so I could organise my folders a bit better etc.

So I left PartitionMagic running and left the house...

When I came back home, I saw an error message saying that I needed to reboot the computer, so I did.

I had a look to see what had happened with the partition merging, and found that I'd completely erased 3 of my partitions, which contained 15GB of football videos and photos that I've taken, as well as some uni work...

I'd backed up about half of the photos, but my whole collection of football videos went down the drain.

Serves me right for not bothering to do routine backups, and not backing up my data before a hard disk operation.

:(

The good news though, is that my Juve matches were saved on a different partition, so the compilation is still going ahead, but I've lost all of the individual goal videos and some other highlights I wanted to put in.

Such is life :down:
Yeah that Partition Magic is a bit unstable. It never actually borked a partition for me but sometimes it just refused to complete the operation and I was stuck with the original setup. It happens.

I don't backup stuff like videos, would take too many discs :mute:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)