Could We Win the Scudetto? (1 Viewer)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
don't be sorry...Totti gr8 player but the biggest whinger/diver in the game today
oooh that brings back the moment big igor slapped him :toast:

totti is good for roma that is about it, his ego gets the better of him at times, and doesnt always show up when it matters - more referring to his performances for italy. kaka i do like, tbh after that game with man utd i have a greater deal of respect and admiration for him then i ever did

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Inter, milan and Roma have got a great midfield.

I'm not big name signing freak, football isn't about names its about skills, performances and teamwork.

All of which are variables that can change in different circumstances.

Who was Del Piero before he came to Juventus? Who was Camo and Zambrotta? Or Trezeguet? or even Zidane for that matter.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Ok for real now:

On defense we had
Zebina Canna Thuram Zambrotta
This defense proved to be one of the best defenses in the world(backed up bu Buffon and Emo)
Thuram wasnt exactly world class anymore and Zebina was far away from that, but it was a super solid defense.

our current defense:
Grygera Andrade Boumsong/New CB Chiellini
Honestly, this defense isnt as 40% strong/solid, as our defense used to be,
we need another quality CB to be competitive, but we will be no where near world class status

Midfield used to be

Neddy Vieira Emo Camo

This was (on theory) one of our strongest midfield lines ever,
a true world class midfield, Crap+Calciopoli didnt let to become the best in the world, it was super solid on the defensive role but lack creativity(mostly because of Crapello's tactics)

Current midfield

Neddy??/Salih Almiron Tiago Camo???/Marchionni/Iaquinta?
Our current midfield can hardly compete any Juve midfield we had the last 5 years.It is far more creative (on theory) but not particulary strong on any way.
Neddy + Camo have grown older and are not as motivated as they used to be (because of our stupid management)
Tiago and Almiron are young players, probable with a bright future but they have never player in the same team, before and have a lot to prove, they lack experience a new tactician or even formation will not help the situation.
If Neddy or Camo leave our midfield will become even weaker,
with them we are 40% weaker, without them, we are 60% weaker.

The attack has remain unchanged, but time passes for Treze and DP,
they will grow older and slower, power was never their strong point either,
back up solutions are substantially reduced as Palla and Iaquinta are not even the hals players Mutu and and Zlatan were,
our attack is about 30-40% weaker.

That would mean our current team is about 40% weaker then our previous world class team, 40% at best case scenario, if a new quality CB wont arrive and Neddy or Camo (or God forbid both) leave us we will be less than the half,
the team we were.

While our direct opponents have preserved or enforced their power/teams,
we had a new tactician, probably a new formation, more than 50% of the team will be made of new players, unproven players.problems between the managers and older players etc
That would mean, that our great ally, teamwork, might be on our part this year,
a fact that would further decrease our power. Our team has potential, we have a promising future, but we are not competitive for the moment!

Juventino#16

Chila !!! #3
May 27, 2007
Milan is more concentrate on CL, and i think we will be better than this old f*ckers...
Inter are losers by natural, we are better than them whit any squad, we just need DP:D
Roma is dangerous, we will beat Palermo.... Lazio and Fiorentina will be thought

But mustn't forger about our little rivals (Torino, Napoli).... they could beat us just with motivation

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i think in terms of quality..Juventus definitely have enoguh quality in the team to win the scudetto..but IMO with so many signings..the team still needs to gel together and adapt to the ranieris system and to the serie a...for that reason i think Juve will get a top 4 finish this season..but i dont thi k they're capable of winning the scudetto just yet..

PS:Agree with Morra on this one..Totti was the best player in the serie a last season.

Totti>>>>>>DP

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
ßömßäяdîëя;1403282 said:
:lol2:

You caan never say a GK is the best player in a league, and "Alex" is way past his best.

Kaka and Pirlo are both better than any player Juve has on its team.
so Oliver Kahn can be voted the best player at a World Cup, but not the best player in a league???

and Pirlo is not better than Alex or Nedved

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
i think in terms of quality..Juventus definitely have enoguh quality in the team to win the scudetto..but IMO with so many signings..the team still needs to gel together and adapt to the ranieris system and to the serie a...for that reason i think Juve will get a top 4 finish this season..but i dont thi k they're capable of winning the scudetto just yet..

PS:Agree with Morra on this one..Totti was the best player in the serie a last season.

Totti>>>>>>DP
I am pleading ignorance here. Where is this quality that you and some others are alluding to in our team? I don't as a rule watch Empoli and the French league is not my forte either but I cannot imagine that Almiron and Tiago have that much quality like people on here keep saying. So please educate me as to their qualities. Salihamidic is injury prone and he is just a good player , nothing more than that. I was reading that Dp was back to his best so we are definitely going to win the scudetto. I am a Dp fan but the guy played 90 minutes against Faroes Island and could not score so I will ease on the, he is back to his best bit. I have to admit the first time I saw Quaglirella, I did like him, he seemed to like us too but we did not bid for him. Are you guys seriously telling me that we can mount a serious challenge with an attack of Zalayeta, Palladino, nedved, Dp, Trez and iaquinta

Let me break it down a bit and make comparisms
In 94/95 we had Roberto Baggio, Dp, Vialli, Ravanelli
95/96 we had vialli, dp, ravanelli, padovano
96/97 zidane, dp, padovano, boksic, vieri, amoruso
97/98 zz, dp, inzaghi, fonseca, zalayeta, amoruso
98/99 dp(injured), zz, inzaghi, fonseca, esnaider, henry, amoruso
99/00 dp, kovacevic, inzaghi, amoruso, zz
00/01 dp, zz, kovacevic, trez, inzaghi
01/02 dp, trez, salas, amoruso, zalayeta, nedved
05/06 dp, trez, zlatan, nedved, mutu, zalayeta

From what I can see out attack line is far inferior to anything we have played with in recent years. Yes seriea is not as good as it used to be but compared to Lippi, Capello and Ancelotti, Ranieri is nowhere as good. I don't know maybe there is something I am missing as i cannot see how we can mount a serious challenge with this squad but you never know.
I don't even wanna compare past world class midfielders like Davids, Jugovic, Paolo Sousa, Deshamps, Conte, Vieira, Emerson amongst others to this lot we have now.

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #100
    I am pleading ignorance here. Where is this quality that you and some others are alluding to in our team? I don't as a rule watch Empoli and the French league is not my forte either but I cannot imagine that Almiron and Tiago have that much quality like people on here keep saying. So please educate me as to their qualities. Salihamidic is injury prone and he is just a good player , nothing more than that. I was reading that Dp was back to his best so we are definitely going to win the scudetto. I am a Dp fan but the guy played 90 minutes against Faroes Island and could not score so I will ease on the, he is back to his best bit. I have to admit the first time I saw Quaglirella, I did like him, he seemed to like us too but we did not bid for him. Are you guys seriously telling me that we can mount a serious challenge with an attack of Zalayeta, Palladino, nedved, Dp, Trez and iaquinta

Let me break it down a bit and make comparisms
    In 94/95 we had Roberto Baggio, Dp, Vialli, Ravanelli
    95/96 we had vialli, dp, ravanelli, padovano
    96/97 zidane, dp, padovano, boksic, vieri, amoruso
    97/98 zz, dp, inzaghi, fonseca, zalayeta, amoruso
    98/99 dp(injured), zz, inzaghi, fonseca, esnaider, henry, amoruso
    99/00 dp, kovacevic, inzaghi, amoruso, zz
    00/01 dp, zz, kovacevic, trez, inzaghi
    01/02 dp, trez, salas, amoruso, zalayeta, nedved
    05/06 dp, trez, zlatan, nedved, mutu, zalayeta

From what I can see out attack line is far inferior to anything we have played with in recent years. Yes seriea is not as good as it used to be but compared to Lippi, Capello and Ancelotti, Ranieri is nowhere as good. I don't know maybe there is something I am missing as i cannot see how we can mount a serious challenge with this squad but you never know.
    I don't even wanna compare past world class midfielders like Davids, Jugovic, Paolo Sousa, Deshamps, Conte, Vieira, Emerson amongst others to this lot we have now.
    Nice breakdown man, but you missed a point that you are talking about players 10 years ago or so. I mean if we were for example back 96/97 one could easily say that Zidane is coming from the French league and unproven. Same for Trez with Monaco, DP with Padova....etc. By the same token you could have use this argument 10 years down the line in 2017 and say Reychavic and O'connor are coming from the Czech and Irish league but we had Almiron and Tiago back in 07. :p

Juventus creates players, not the other way around.

Forza Juve :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)