Could We Win the Scudetto? (1 Viewer)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Perhaps this is just speculation, but I was just thinking, if we compare our current squad with the 2005/2006 one. We lost 6 “pillars” due to the scandal:

Thuram: In his last two years he seemed to run out of steam and was kind of sluggish, I will never forget his recklessness against Lazio. Andrade would probably fill his shoes.

Vieira: Was a flop and didn’t really live up to his Highbury days, Tiago or Marchisio could fill his role.

Zlatan: Was more of a liability in his last year, Palladino and Iaquinta would probably do a better job.

Emerson: We don’t really have a replacement, but Zanetti + Gianni would probably do a reasonable job.

Zambrotta: Not replaced, but a versatile mix of Chiellini, Zebina, Salih, and Grygera would be really helpful.

Canna: A big loss, and this position seems the only position we are deeply lacking. But we had a great summer transfer campaign so far, and you never know who might sign up.

We def. got more depth this year, with Almiron, Cristico, Molinaro, Palladino, Marchisio, and Iaquinta. Whereas two years ago, the only real talent on the bench was Mutu and Trez/DP.

So am I being totally ridiculous or we actually have a team that could rival the 2005/2006 team? A team that led Serie A with a 9 point gap for most of the season?

What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

AbuGadanzieri

Jan 8, 2006
One thing you foregot to mention

Capello out and Ranieri in

Although capello is full of shit but having him on the bench is like having a silverware guarantee. Not sure about ranieri but I will still give him the benefit of the doubt because of the passion and excitement he has shown so far.

competing for coppa italia and qualifying to the CL seems to be the target for now but again the boys might pull something out of the bag.

Foza Juve

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Here's what I think:

Thuram, great player, but he's a little cunt. I hope he dies.

Vieira, good player, but never showed his Arsenal form with us. Overrated player to be honest.

Zlatan, dickhead, doesn't matter.

Emerson, mercenary, everybody knows it, except denco.

Zambrotta, first person to leave Juve, so fuck him.

Fabio, lied to us, so FUCK him.

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Here's what I think:

Thuram, great player, but he's a little cunt. I hope he dies.

Vieira, good player, but never showed his Arsenal form with us. Overrated player to be honest.

Zlatan, dickhead, doesn't matter.

Emerson, mercenary, everybody knows it, except denco.

Zambrotta, first person to leave Juve, so fuck him.

Fabio, lied to us, so FUCK him.
    Ok now that you got this rant out of your system. Why don't you share with us your analytical view. ;)

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    I think it is possilbe ,but it's not going to be easy especially with so many new players in and many don't even have Serie A experience. It's will take a while for the players to gel in and this could be a problem for us.

As for replacing the players that left the only ones that me might really feel their absence are Canna and Zambrotta. It's hard to say if those "pillars" have been replaced whe we don't even really know what our formation will be though imo.

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    well yes it seems that we do have more depth this season compared to season 05/06. but my main worry is how long it is going to get our new crop of players to gel, and for ranieri to find a system that works. although teams like inter, milan, roma seem to have an advantage over us, i dont think our players will be lacking motivation for these big clashes, i am more worried about the rest of the teams. Juventus seems to switch off when facing smaller sides, and everybody knows that teams put in 110% when they face us, so i think if Juve drop points against these lower teams, it will really hurt us in the title race. But on another note, we arent in europe and can fully focus on the task ahead (getting into CL), and come second round, if we are up there then we can push the leaders to the end.

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    One thing you foregot to mention

Capello out and Ranieri in

Although capello is full of shit but having him on the bench is like having a silverware guarantee. Not sure about ranieri but I will still give him the benefit of the doubt because of the passion and excitement he has shown so far.

competing for coppa italia and qualifying to the CL seems to be the target for now but again the boys might pull something out of the bag.

Foza Juve
    You know what I think? I think managers are overrated. Their tactics contributes no more than 20% to a teams success. His people's skill and group morale management is far more important IMO.

I think it is possilbe ,but it's not going to be easy especially with so many new players in and many don't even have Serie A experience. It's will take a while for the players to gel in and this could be a problem for us.

As for replacing the players that left the only ones that me might really feel their absence are Canna and Zambrotta. It's hard to say if those "pillars" have been replaced whe we don't even really know what our formation will be though imo.
    I think Zambro is replaced actually perhaps 70-80% of him is covered already. Canna on the other hand we have Boum. :confused:

well yes it seems that we do have more depth this season compared to season 05/06. but my main worry is how long it is going to get our new crop of players to gel, and for ranieri to find a system that works. although teams like inter, milan, roma seem to have an advantage over us, i dont think our players will be lacking motivation for these big clashes, i am more worried about the rest of the teams. Juventus seems to switch off when facing smaller sides, and everybody knows that teams put in 110% when they face us, so i think if Juve drop points against these lower teams, it will really hurt us in the title race. But on another note, we arent in europe and can fully focus on the task ahead (getting into CL), and come second round, if we are up there then we can push the leaders to the end.
    Very true, talent-wise I think we are almost covered. But how fast the gel is the important question. Its good to see that their summer camp is gonna start in two days, around a month and half of working together should help achieve that.

francesco

Till death do us part!
    Jul 25, 2006
    i think that we still need to sign one more quality CB, convince Camo to stay and a backup for Nedved at left mid (provided he stays) then i think we have a more than ready, capable squad to have a good season.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Lets see how Ranieri performs.

We still lack defensive leadership like Canna.

Viera wasn't in his Arsenal form but his positioning along with Emerson's was key in maintaining our defensive stability. Look how inter performs with him on the team now.

I hope Tiago can fill his shoes, but I honestly think our midfield won't be as solid and compact thus not as stabile defensively, but that might not be so bad, depending on which style we play in.

Upfront, Zlatan in his last season with us was shit, but he did create openings nonetheless. OUr forward line is more effective now although less creative. iaquinta is a better finisher than Z.

With adequate supply from midfield to create openings, we might do well.

Considering we will focus entirely in Serie A, I think we might have a chance at winning the scudetto. Again, I believe its more up to Ranieri's ability.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    TBH i dont think we can the scudetto, in sayin this i believe we have just as good as squad as roma if not better n will get the much desired CL spot... however i think the big challenge for raineri is to blend in the emerging talent of marchisio, nocerino, criscito n maybe palla into the first team without losing too many games whilst developing their talents yet not relying on them... it'll definately be a good challenge tho

alex74

Oct 1, 2006
    Perhaps this is just speculation, but I was just thinking, if we compare our current squad with the 2005/2006 one. We lost 6 “pillars” due to the scandal:

Thuram: In his last two years he seemed to run out of steam and was kind of sluggish, I will never forget his recklessness against Lazio. Andrade would probably fill his shoes.

Vieira: Was a flop and didn’t really live up to his Highbury days, Tiago or Marchisio could fill his role.

Zlatan: Was more of a liability in his last year, Palladino and Iaquinta would probably do a better job.

Emerson: We don’t really have a replacement, but Zanetti + Gianni would probably do a reasonable job.

Zambrotta: Not replaced, but a versatile mix of Chiellini, Zebina, Salih, and Grygera would be really helpful.

Canna: A big loss, and this position seems the only position we are deeply lacking. But we had a great summer transfer campaign so far, and you never know who might sign up.

We def. got more depth this year, with Almiron, Cristico, Molinaro, Palladino, Marchisio, and Iaquinta. Whereas two years ago, the only real talent on the bench was Mutu and Trez/DP.

So am I being totally ridiculous or we actually have a team that could rival the 2005/2006 team? A team that led Serie A with a 9 point gap for most of the season?

What do you think?
    :agree:

i think with a few more signings, our squad isnt far behind inter,milan or roma. the matches in august will tell us alot, we definatly have the players but, we still dont know if they can work well together. so im waiting for those matches

and this may not count for a lot, but coming back from B, i think our players have a stronger motivation than the rest of serieA and it will affect the games.

we CAN have a good season but i still wont put my hopes up tooo high:p

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    We will most definitely win this championship, no one can compare with the mighty Juve, our star players will fear no one, we will dominate the league by wining both Inter and Milan 3-0,our determination has reached critical levels, we will finish the championship race at may, we will brake this year's Inter record. We will net more than 100 points.
    We have the best coach and the best players in the world (all thanx to Secco)
    Whoever believe otherwise is not a real (100%, tm, r, certified) Juventino and will have a problem with the likes of Lion+francesco, so watch it!
    We will win the championship hands down, end of discussion!!

FORZA JUVE!!!

PS Zlatan,Vieira,Emo,Canna and Thuram cannot be compared with the likes of Iaquinta,Tiago,Almiron,Andrade and Boumsong, Iaquinta is a world class champion FFS, he costed more than Thuram and Canna put together, this is the best Juve i ve seen in the last 20 years!

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
    Aug 22, 2006
    As most said here, it depends on how fast the team gel in. Also If we sign one good CB and playmaker, then we might stand a chance to challenge for scudetto...
    In soccer everything is possible...

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    My worries are not the ones who left but the ones who stayed. Neddy's talks about retirement makes me wonder if he himself thinks he is getting too old. Also question marks over DP and Trez. These three are the best players we have, the ones who will decide where we finish in the league.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    I think it's a little optimistic to think of us as title contenders, but this squad is really exciting. We signed three real warriors in Iaquinta, Almirón and Tiago and we already have a lot of players who wants revenge. We have Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon to lead and inspire the squad. The depth of this squad is really impressive; something I worried would be a problem before last season.
    We really need another centre back. I’d love to see Criscito getting a chance, but relying on a rather unproven 20 year old with Boum as his back up would be stupid.

Top 4 definitely and I believe we’ll be very dangerous in the big games.

Jun 7, 2003
    we will end 4th or 5th. roma, fiorentina, milan have good players and the players know each other and they have a starting lin-up and all roles are clear. while inter have more depth in their squad. and we must also consider palermo and lazio. so it will be a hard season, but as already said we are not in cl and can totally focus on our targets.

and concerning vieira he wasnt good at juve, because capello played a very defensive football, a fact that i guess everybody knows in this forum. so in arsenal he was the boss and played very beautifull football with players who also knew this kind of football better known as one-touch-football. so you cant blame him, he adapted well and did what he was asking for.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    On the last question; we got more fighters now, but less quality. The depth of this squad is much better then the 2005/2006 squads. But I also believe Roma and Inter have grown stronger and Milan will surely be after silly season.

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #20
    I think it's a little optimistic to think of us as title contenders, but this squad is really exciting. We signed three real warriors in Iaquinta, Almirón and Tiago and we already have a lot of players who wants revenge. We have Del Piero, Nedved and Buffon to lead and inspire the squad. The depth of this squad is really impressive; something I worried would be a problem before last season.
    We really need another centre back. I’d love to see Criscito getting a chance, but relying on a rather unproven 20 year old with Boum as his back up would be stupid.

Top 4 definitely and I believe we’ll be very dangerous in the big games.
    It's def optimistic, I am by no means saying that anything besides a scudetto is a disappointment. I generally agree with most of you that a CL spot would be success. But this squad, is very comparable talent-wise with the 05-06 one, it might be a bit less. But that squad totally dominated Serie A, so a slightly lesser squad should also do good. Putting the gel-factor aside of course ;)

One thing that worries me is refereeing, refs would be extra cautious when giving us deserved calls, 50-50's that other teams might get, we won't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)