Could Ronaldinho be the big sign that Moggi is talkin about? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm only going to say that I don't understand why Barcelona would want Ronaldinho, Deco, Rosicky, AND Luis Garcia in their squad, that's overkill. Then there's talks about Nedved retiring and didn't Moggi say he was interested in a Brazilian? It could be Emerson, but I wouldn't put it past him to use Emo as a smokescreen for Ronaldinho or Diego. I doubt it'll happen, but with Moggi in charge nothing's certain.

juve1717

Jun 14, 2004
Imposible!

I dont think it will happen, I think that ronaldinho has a release fee clause of 150 millions! for this year and I dont think Moggi wants or has all that money. He doesnt even want to put 5 millions for emerson. We could get rosicky, aimar or dalessandro for a lower price.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
never in a million years... we would probably seen Totti in Juve first that seen Ronaldinho in Juve... why? two reasons...

1. We don't have the money to get him
2- Barca is never going to sell him, they are building their squad arround him....

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
There are few fallacies on

Debt itself is not a cause for concern -

its the ability to repay the debt, which means having enough assets and future revenues to offset liabilities.

Juve is in good financial state - increase in revenues from new stadium will increase our competitiveness in the transfer market in the future. And we already are one of the highest earning team in the world.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
True...

But I think that before the club actually starts to make money off of the new stadium, lots of cash will go for its construction (I am assuming that most of the money will come from outside investors, but the club will spend some part of it too).

Rushy

The Poet
Jul 3, 2004
I don't think we need Ronaldinho, The price is one thing, and the midfield is the strongest area on juve... why do we need him then...??

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rushy ] ++
I don't think we need Ronaldinho, The price is one thing, and the midfield is the strongest area on juve... why do we need him then...??
"cos".

Our midfield is strong by what critieria? Any midfield with the lame and utterly useless "Crapo"nesi in it can be improved. Ronny would improve any midfield in the world at the moment.
We haven't a hope of getting him now.

Jul 28, 2002
jun, as u correctly pointed out, the debt is nothing to worry about...but it does limit us on our spending in the market....it would take a genius deal to ronnie and still balance the books.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
It's interesting how two of the recent transfer threads: on Ronaldinho and Zambrotta have grasped so much attention, considering that chances of these transfers to take place are slim to none.

Jul 28, 2002
well we havent had anything else to talk about bar the never ending emo story which is soo boring.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
Ronaldinho, Deco then Iniesta in pecking order for Barca probably. Riquelme's a goner and Moggi would be wise to pick him up on the cheap. The Argentinian's worth nursing back to his prime. Barca owes us one for Davids anyway.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Ronaldinho, Deco then Iniesta in pecking order for Barca probably. Riquelme's a goner and Moggi would be wise to pick him up on the cheap. The Argentinian's worth nursing back to his prime. Barca owes us one for Davids anyway.
dont think we could pick him up too cheaply, we would still hjave to pay a a handsome sum for him.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I'm only going to say that I don't understand why Barcelona would want Ronaldinho, Deco, Rosicky, AND Luis Garcia in their squad, that's overkill. Then there's talks about Nedved retiring and didn't Moggi say he was interested in a Brazilian? It could be Emerson, but I wouldn't put it past him to use Emo as a smokescreen for Ronaldinho or Diego. I doubt it'll happen, but with Moggi in charge nothing's certain.
Rosicky will go to rm... :down: And we won't get Ronaldinho anyway, this is just useless thread...

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
John, I totally agree with you and I was merely trying to correct some misconception on the issue of debt.:).
People have natural distaste for debt, and believe that we are in trouble because of our "debt" regardless of our ability to re-pay or where
it has been used. I havent seen detailed account of Juve's financial statement (who would?) but my guess is that the increase in liabilities are mainly due to 1) building new stadium and 2) past transactions.
If the first point is true then we should be compensated by the increase in the revenues in the future, hence far from being bad, debt will increase our competitiveness in the long run. If the second is true, then our profits in the past years have been over-stated, rather than reflecting a bad year for our management team.
Anyway, John you are completely right, financing Ronaldinho would be extremely hard, given that we are commited to spending considerable amount of money on stadium redevelopment and that we havent got an asset (another words for expensive players) to raise finance.
Unless some third party like Nike comes into the play, there is no way we can afford that much amount of money. Then again why would Nike do such transaction when they already sponsor Barca?
Beside, I think we should "concentrate" on players who will adress our most pressing needs. CBs, RB, midfield anchorman (quality one at that), attacking midfielders, and a quality striker are more immediate need, IMO.
If we get a flair midfielder, I would settle for Rosicky, Aimar, VDV, or Diego - Not a bad list I would say.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)