Could Ronaldinho be the big sign that Moggi is talkin about? (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
We don't know what's happening with Barcelona's expense sheets. Maybe there's an investor who promised to pay those off? Or a bank loan is secured? Otherwise why would they spend so much?

Remember that UEFA won't allow clubs with budget deficits to participate in the European competitions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Sparty - I think nobody is arguing that Ronaldinho is not great player, because he is! :).
However, being a successful player requires more than just a heart, and talent. He has to be in an right environment regarding life-style and playing style. Ronalinho seems to be a great lad, so I guess he would find himself comfortable wherever he goes, but the problem is would he respond well to the rigid Italian style. Successful playmakers in Italia in recent years have been the ones who can add creativity and yet play within the system. Zidane, Totti, Veron, and Rui, maybe with the exception Rui are players who looks to pass first and have tedency to play efficient football. Ronaldinho while skillful as he is, does one too many skill for Italian coaches liking, IMO. And I wonder how he would respond to the restrictions imposed on him. Having considered all this - 60m Euros for such player is considerable risk no matter how talented he is.

OP

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
  • Thread Starter #23
    Ronaldinho tricks are everything but useless...trust me and he doesn't abuse of his skills. Ronaldinho will fit perfectly as long they give him freedom of movement pretty much like Juve does with Nedved. If we paid 50 milion for Buffon, I honestly think we could pay 60 for Ronaldinho. He is worth it.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
    Ronaldinho tricks are everything but useless...trust me and he doesn't abuse of his skills. Ronaldinho will fit perfectly as long they give him freedom of movement pretty much like Juve does with Nedved. If we paid 50 milion for Buffon, I honestly think we could pay 60 for Ronaldinho. He is worth it.
    This is 2 different situations. When we bought Buffon, we sold Zidane and we could effort it.

Last year we havent even won anything, and we havent sold anyone this year. So we simply dont have funds to buy 1 player for 60 mio.

Maybe you havent noticed it, but we are in debt.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    Well, we are NOT in debt. We have made losses for the first time in 7 years and have little cash to spend, but we are NOT in debt.

OH we actually just got some money of some tv deal, that allows us to spend around 20-30 mln, if i'm not mistaken.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    According to the last finance report. We are in depth. But its not much.

About the tv deal. I dont know we will get the money.

OP

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
  • Thread Starter #28
    Yes but think that Juventus would not pay the whole 60 Milions...Nike could be involved, as well as the rights of image of Ronaldinho...there are many ways to buy players is not always plain cash up front...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    According to the last finance report. We are in depth . But its not much.

About the tv deal. I dont know we will get the money.

Hmm, then I must be misinformed.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
    Well I agree that his skills are useful, unlike C. Ronaldo, but he does have tendency to drool on the ball. The problem of doing that in Serie A is that opposition are a lot quicker to pressurize the attacker, and hence it is a lot harder to keep the possession. Furthermore, teams are Serie A are a lot better than Spanish teams in doubling up great talent, especially if he is a good dribbler. Since Maradona, I cannot think of anyone who went pass players for fun with the exception of Robby Baggio, and maybe Zianfranco Zola in his prime. And even player calibre of Baggio had hard time convincing coaches of his usefullness - a crime but that is just the way it is in Serie A.:wallbang:.
    Beside, I am not arguing that Ronaldinho wont be successful in Serie A because I think he has enough talent and desire to do so. But the issue is with all the inherent risk invovled in signing such great individual talent in Serie A can we afford Ronaldinho's buyout clause in this depressed transfer market? We can buy a lot more players with a given amount of money than in recent past.

Jul 28, 2002
    there was a really good financial site for juve, but its closed down since the new one........we are not exactly i debt but i believe we have long term "debts" still outstanding.

We do have dosh but not much....hence why im agaisnt spending big on emo and bon/gila....becuase we can do soo much more with the cash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)