Corruption in English Football (1 Viewer)

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
With all regards to the bribery though, I feel sympathy towards English fans.
And I do not think the problem is simply confined to EPL. If anything, I think Serie A and La Liga would be a lot worse (We all know why Oliveira joind Milan).
I bet you all my money that Zidane was tapped up by Real, and ditto for Figo.

And if anything else, I feel Juve fans, and owners also suffered by those (Moggi, in particular) who enjoyed personal benefit from corrupt transfers. Without using the benefit of hindsight, it doesnt take a genius to know Baiocco was never worth the colussal sum we paid for him, and one has to be really stupid to believe that Moggi didnt sign Kaka because of his name. Moggi is no fool. My bet is that Moggi or his agency didnt receive the side-payment to sweeten the deal. And ditto for Gonzalo deal.

I think FIFA itself should look at the current legal structures in the game and introduce some measures to protect interest of owners and fans. As I have said numerous times before, there is only a limited mechanism with lack of observability you can control the agent to work in your interest. The best you can do is to fire them, by the time these crooks made millions and enjoying their holidays in Bermuda or Dubai. I feel extremely tough ban, with likely criminal sentence is what these man deserve min. Well that would certainly be the case if this was a normal business. But then again soccer is not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mozart

F*ck the media
Feb 3, 2006
haha, now the 'primerleague' fans could experince the corruption that is happening in there own league...after all these month tryna bring us down.....

the socks stink, doesn't it?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
there will always be corruption when so much money is at stake...doesnt matter if it is the EPL or La Liga....but it looks like allardyce might be in a bit of trouble

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Mozart said:
haha, now the 'primerleague' fans could experince the corruption that is happening in there own league...after all these month tryna bring us down.....

the socks stink, doesn't it?
:agree: At least, as far as Juve was concerned, no money exchanged hands in our calciopoli.

I bet the English clubs don't get demoted.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
AngelaL said:
:agree: At least, as far as Juve was concerned, no money exchanged hands in our calciopoli.

cors they wont cuz nobody cares in england, they dont have a guido rossi, i mean its not like the top 3/4 clubs are short of success like binter are

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
AngelaL said:

Badass Devil said:
cors they wont cuz nobody cares in england, they dont have a guido rossi, i mean its not like the top 3/4 clubs are short of success like binter are
For what? Tapping up players? Managers making money off of transfers? Good god, this thread gets more fantastic by the post.

I missed the programme myself, preferring to watch the excellent David O'Doherty's standup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)