Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (38 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Two weeks ago the average deaths in England were 8% below the 5 year average.
And Covid deaths are down at like 250 a day. Which is 20% of what they were at the peak. Not sure what your point is? It’s pretty clear in highly vaccinated places omicron isn’t killing very many people. Positive cases are far higher, yet deaths are at 20%. Seems reasonable to me without suggesting they are counting auto accidents, etc as Covid deaths which would make those numbers far higher than 250/day, if 30-50% of people get it, and 30-50% of all cause mortality is assigned to Covid. lol :shifty:

All cause mortality is ~600,000/year in UK. 50,000/month. 250/day works out to 7500 deaths in a month. Or 15%. Pretty clear that doesn’t work with 30-50%

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
And Covid deaths are down at like 250 a day. Which is 20% of what they were at the peak. Not sure what your point is? It’s pretty clear in highly vaccinated places omicron isn’t killing very many people. Positive cases are far higher, yet deaths are at 20%. Seems reasonable to me without suggesting they are counting auto accidents, etc as Covid deaths which would make those numbers far higher than 250/day, if 30-50% of people get it, and 30-50% of all cause mortality is assigned to Covid. lol :shifty:
I never doubted the pre-Omicron deaths. I'm doubting only the Omicron deaths because it's highly infectious disease, tons of people will get a positive test and tons of people will die no matter what. Why are you starting an argument I never argued about?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never doubted the pre-Omicron deaths. I'm doubting only the Omicron deaths because it's highly infectious disease, tons of people will get a positive test and tons of people will die no matter what. Why are you starting an argument I never argued about?
You are doubting omicron deaths. Omicron deaths are nowhere near the 30-50% of all-cause mortality that they would be if they were counted the way you said they were. Instead they are at best half of 30%. 15%. And that’s high, because the 250/day is only the past week. A month ago it was still under 100/day. So it’s likely that only ~5000 died the past month which is 10% of all cause deaths. So they clearly aren’t counting deaths exclusively by the way you mentioned above

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
You are doubting omicron deaths. Omicron deaths are nowhere near the 30-50% of all-cause mortality that they would be if they were counted the way you said they were. Instead they are at best half of 30%. 15%. And that’s high, because the 250/day is only the past week. A month ago it was still under 100/day. So it’s likely that only ~5000 died the past month which is 10% of all cause deaths. So they clearly aren’t counting deaths exclusively by the way you mentioned above
I never said that Omicron deaths would be counted 30-50%. I only pointed out that it's next to impossible to calculate who died from and who died with Covid when a huge number of the population is infected in a short period of time.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never said that Omicron deaths would be counted 30-50%. I only pointed out that it's next to impossible to calculate who died from and who died with Covid when a huge number of the population is infected in a short period of time.
Because ICU admissions from Covid are counted and are much higher than death numbers… I don’t really see it as hard at all. Anyways, we disagree here. Fair enough. Death numbers in highly vaxxed places are low enough that the pandemic is over imo. 250 deaths a day during winter in UK is no worse than seasonal flu numbers I would imagine.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And why in England ICU admissions were going down all the time during the Omicron wave?
Because omicron is less serious? Just like there were significantly less Deaths. Not sure what the point is? Covid has a very high mortality rate for those who make it to the icu.

Show me where ICU admissions are down close to death numbers. Because as long as icu numbers are higher, nothing seems particularly suspect.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
UK is a great example. Deaths are doubling in the last two weeks but people in ICU are steadily decreasing.
Because until a few weeks ago mechanical ventilation had been holding steady at around 800-1000 since it rose to that level in November … and given that CFR rate amongst those on mechanical ventilation has been ~45% I don’t really find it hard to believe that 250/day could be dying. And those deaths would make sense if many of them are from people earlier hospitalized and ventilated. It would also make sense that ICU and ventilation numbers are dropping with those deaths as those people aren’t being replaced with new admittances to the ICU. Deaths lag by up to several weeks. I hardly see this as something super suspect…

We will see in a few weeks. If deaths follow the ICU admissions down over the next short while, nothing out of the ordinary has occurred imo

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Because until a few weeks ago mechanical ventilation had been holding steady at around 800-1000 since it rose to that level in November … and given that CFR rate amongst those on mechanical ventilation has been ~45% I don’t really find it hard to believe that 250/day could be dying. And those deaths would make sense if many of them are from people earlier hospitalized and ventilated. It would also make sense that ICU and ventilation numbers are dropping with those deaths as those people aren’t being replaced with new admittances to the ICU. Deaths lag by up to several weeks. I hardly see this as something super suspect…

We will see in a few weeks. If deaths follow the ICU admissions down over the next short while, nothing out of the ordinary has occurred imo
ICU admissions

https://ourworldindata.org/explorer...e&Color+by+test+positivity=false&country=~GBR

Deaths

https://ourworldindata.org/explorer...e&Color+by+test+positivity=false&country=~GBR

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Good trajectory, I like that.

And what do you think about this

https://torontosun.com/news/world/post-pandemic-orgy-of-sex-spending-coming-yale-prof

- - - Updated - - -

I love this too

https://www.politico.eu/article/cov...ical-disease-in-denmark-health-minister-says/

Denmark will no longer categorize COVID-19 as a "socially critical disease" as of February 1, Health Minister Magnus Heunicke wrote in a letter to the parliament's epidemiology committee.

Based on the recommendations of the parliament's epidemiology committee, the government is ready to scrap almost all social restrictions by the end of the month. The "rules will lapse when the illness will no longer be categorized as ‘socially critical’ on 1 February 2022," Heunicke wrote in the letter.

This announcement comes as a new subvariant of Omicron, BA.2, is gaining a foothold in Denmark, accounting for almost half of reported cases. Other countries such as Norway, the U.K. and Sweden are also experiencing a similar increase of the subvariant, but not to the same level as Denmark.

Although the arrival of Omicron BA.2 has caused a renewed surge in infections — making Denmark the EU country with the highest incidence of coronavirus — its health authorities say that hasn't caused any increase in hospitalizations.

The classification of a disease as "socially critical" means that the government can introduce far-reaching measures such as shutting businesses and making mask-wearing mandatory.

This echoes a wider trend in EU countries to treat Omicron as an endemic disease, circulating freely but posing less of a threat to societies. Although Omicron is less dangerous than the earlier Delta strain, some health experts adopt a more cautious line, arguing that the focus should be on suppressing the virus, rather than living with it.

Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen is expected to hold a press conference later Wednesday to confirm the easing of coronavirus restrictions in the country.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

https://torontosun.com/news/world/post-pandemic-orgy-of-sex-spending-coming-yale-prof

- - - Updated - - -

I love this too

https://www.politico.eu/article/cov...ical-disease-in-denmark-health-minister-says/

Denmark will no longer categorize COVID-19 as a "socially critical disease" as of February 1, Health Minister Magnus Heunicke wrote in a letter to the parliament's epidemiology committee.

Based on the recommendations of the parliament's epidemiology committee, the government is ready to scrap almost all social restrictions by the end of the month. The "rules will lapse when the illness will no longer be categorized as ‘socially critical’ on 1 February 2022," Heunicke wrote in the letter.

This announcement comes as a new subvariant of Omicron, BA.2, is gaining a foothold in Denmark, accounting for almost half of reported cases. Other countries such as Norway, the U.K. and Sweden are also experiencing a similar increase of the subvariant, but not to the same level as Denmark.

Although the arrival of Omicron BA.2 has caused a renewed surge in infections — making Denmark the EU country with the highest incidence of coronavirus — its health authorities say that hasn't caused any increase in hospitalizations.

The classification of a disease as "socially critical" means that the government can introduce far-reaching measures such as shutting businesses and making mask-wearing mandatory.

This echoes a wider trend in EU countries to treat Omicron as an endemic disease, circulating freely but posing less of a threat to societies. Although Omicron is less dangerous than the earlier Delta strain, some health experts adopt a more cautious line, arguing that the focus should be on suppressing the virus, rather than living with it.

Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen is expected to hold a press conference later Wednesday to confirm the easing of coronavirus restrictions in the country.
@Quetzalcoatl gonna be in heaven.

And good thing @IliveForJuve didn’t get married or he would missed out :snoop:

Agree with you on the main points of everything. Omicron is the end, and liberal governments are going to get a well-deserved comeuppance pretty quickly and pretty hard if they don’t behave like it is endemic shortly.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
@Quetzalcoatl gonna be in heaven.

And good thing @IliveForJuve didn’t get married or he would missed out :snoop:

Agree with you on the main points of everything. Omicron is the end, and liberal governments are going to get a comeuppance pretty quickly and pretty hard if they don’t behave like it is endemic shortly.
:tuttosport:

That guy sounds like he's clueless tbh

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

I love this too

Unfortunately, germany hasn't gotten the memo yet.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
After the First World War and the Spanish flu pandemic the 20s were very promiscuous. And then the economy went "plop" and everybody started hating the jews.
I don't doubt that. Just this part:

"Many people seem to think it’s the actions of our government that are causing the economy to slow — that’s false. It’s the virus that’s causing the economy to slow, because economies collapsed even in ancient times when plagues happened, even when there was no government saying, ‘Close the schools and close the restaurants.“

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)