Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (18 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There are asymptomatic cases, triple/quadruple vaxxed are still getting Omicron.

So far humans don't have a permanent immune protection against infections vs the other coronaviruses. Almost certainly this will be the case with Covid-19. Everybody will get infected from time to time.

We're lucky to have a variant like Omicron that makes the transition from pandemic phase to endemic far less painful.

Having restrictions vs Omicron is like having restrictions vs cold or the common flu. It's not a good idea.
I don't share your confidence or optimism.

Buy on AliExpress.com

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
I'm from Holland aswel. Not a single person in the hospital is there because of omicron.

That said. I know dozens of people who got infected on purpose so they could go on holiday this winter. This virus has become a laughable thing. No one I know takes anything seriously, because when you'll get infected the complaints are less than a hangover.

My 94 year old grandma has tested positive and is complaining that she can't get any visitors..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
According to Zoe tracking data app persistent cough is not in the top 5 common symptoms for Omicron. It's 6th placed with 43% of people reporting it.
Most common are

1. runny nose -74%
2. headache - 67%
3. fatigue - 64%
4. sore throat - 62%
5. sneezing - 62%

I hope it's Omicron and you'll be much better tomorrow :xfingers:
I had a sore throat Wednesday evening, woke up on Thursday still there. I took the test but still haven't got the result. Thursday evening I got body ache, felt like feber but I wasn't even close to being warm. Friday all day, all evening sore throat and fever like feeling. Saturday morning, sore throat is still there, the fever feeling is oscillating.
Headache only Friday
And I still haven't got the test results :howler:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I had a sore throat Wednesday evening, woke up on Thursday still there. I took the test but still haven't got the result. Thursday evening I got body ache, felt like feber but I wasn't even close to being warm. Friday all day, all evening sore throat and fever like feeling. Saturday morning, sore throat is still there, the fever feeling is oscillating.
Headache only Friday
Yesterday I got a headache the whole day, runny nose and sneezing, oscillating feverish feeling but no fever. I have body aches almost all the time because I do physical training. Today I'm fine. I live in a country where Omicron is 90+ % of the cases and I'm too lazy to test.

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Headache only Friday
You don't have at home test kits? While the results of that are not conclusive, it's better than nothing.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
My point being that this virus is bullshit and they should just let us return to normal. Ffs we still have empty football stadiums in holland
same in italy. the 5k limit is a terrible joke, it only helps smaller clubs (ffs iirc venezia have a 9k stadium, 5k is over their 50% so the latest restrictions are actually some reliefs for them), while clubs who could fill their stadiums are bled to dry.

btw it looks like we got omicron. my son had some high fever yesterday (39.4 celsius) and couldn't get up. now he's fine after a day of sickness.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
And you shouldn't because fuck them. It's a silly flu.
Not exactly imo. The current Omikron-variant might be more flu-ish but lets not forget the hospitals were full with the Alpha, Beta and Delta-variants. If we were to have the same numbers of infections with these previous variants it would had been crisis across all hospitals.

Considering this virus mutates we could well have a new mutant that is just as terrible as the previous variants.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Not exactly imo. The current Omikron-variant might be more flu-ish but lets not forget the hospitals were full with the Alpha, Beta and Delta-variants. If we were to have the same numbers of infections with these previous variants it would had been crisis across all hospitals.

Considering this virus mutates we could well have a new mutant that is just as terrible as the previous variants.
Omicron was in England and Scotland at the same time. England didn't impose new measures and Scotland did and even had a lockdown. The rate of spread was faster in Scotland... Even if you want to stop it - you can't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)