Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (34 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Here in Holland there are no people in the hospitals with omicron. All people there are still there because of Delta (and they were hospitalized for a broken leg or whatever and then tested positive) so basically this virus is extremely contagious (Israël is quadruple vaxed, yet broke a world record in infected people) but it doesn't make you Ill...

Boris Johnson is doing the only right thing you can do. Why the other countries aren't following, nobody knows.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
People like this, I don't understand what it is that they want. What they expect a solution to look like for this.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 231344.png
It's a sarcastic answer with some kernel of truth to it. The answer to every systemic problem on the planet -- from pandemics to climate change to toxic social media to growing financial inequality -- has had pretty much the same adaptation strategy thrown at us. And the underlying message to that is a kind of, "Tough sh*t, just soldier on."

But it does read like the guy thinks the illuminati are holding out on their magic wand of disease eradication.

Apparently you can just smoke weed and that’ll inhibit the coronavirus from entering your cells. All this money being throw around when the cure has been available forever.
That's a little like suggesting obesity as the cure for osteoporosis. :D

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/92/5/1640/2598170

People are going to the hospital due to car incident. broken leg, kidney stones etc. and get a positive test for covid-19
Not sure why that should surprise people. It's not like there are separate, compartmentalized lines for illness.

Back when I was a summer schmuck doing data entry at Burroughs-Wellcome in North Carolina on all their AIDS test patient results with AZT, virtually everyone who died of AIDS had candidiasis (a word I never heard of until then, and it was everywhere) and a large number had pneumonia.

Boris Johnson is a complete clown but this decision is good.
Any clown can make a decent decision once in a while. Like Trump in questioning the point of the G-7 or wanting to get the US out of Afghanistan.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
With Omicron? Less than 10% of the people I know have caught that variant, but most have had Covid in some form, and 95% of those have x3 vaccinations.
There are asymptomatic cases, triple/quadruple vaxxed are still getting Omicron.

So far humans don't have a permanent immune protection against infections vs the other coronaviruses. Almost certainly this will be the case with Covid-19. Everybody will get infected from time to time.

We're lucky to have a variant like Omicron that makes the transition from pandemic phase to endemic far less painful.

Having restrictions vs Omicron is like having restrictions vs cold or the common flu. It's not a good idea.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Woke up yesterday with a sore throat, cough and back pain. Just received the news I tested positive. Omicron or not, this still sucks and hate this virus. It ain’t no common cold for me

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Woke up yesterday with a sore throat, cough and back pain. Just received the news I tested positive. Omicron or not, this still sucks and hate this virus. It ain’t no common cold for me
According to Zoe tracking data app persistent cough is not in the top 5 common symptoms for Omicron. It's 6th placed with 43% of people reporting it.
Most common are

1. runny nose -74%
2. headache - 67%
3. fatigue - 64%
4. sore throat - 62%
5. sneezing - 62%

I hope it's Omicron and you'll be much better tomorrow :xfingers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)