Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (83 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I have to throw cold water doubt on this. This reads like a parody trying hard to go viral.

Love seeing that the AOC's and Swawells of the world can dictate masks on everyone but go maskless while on vacation in Florida LOLOL
Sheeet. Do people expect people to wear iron masks everywhere they go out? Hard to eat or drink with those things on.

This hypocrisy bit is more than tiresome. People seem to be labeled as either hypocrites or virtue signaling with zero margin between the two.

(I won't even touch that AOC, whom I normally won't defend, was visiting her mom in Florida for the holidays, but people be acting like that's hypocrisy too and she should have locked herself in NY Castle.)

Hey, we get it if you think the politician irritates you and every fart they make is an affront to your existence. But letting you know... this is all just a political play for entertainment. And you've been goaded as a pawn of the masses to be roused up and distracted by nonsense.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13,787
    I have to throw cold water doubt on this. This reads like a parody trying hard to go viral.

Sheeet. Do people expect people to wear iron masks everywhere they go out? Hard to eat or drink with those things on.

This hypocrisy bit is more than tiresome. People seem to be labeled as either hypocrites or virtue signaling with zero margin between the two.

(I won't even touch that AOC, whom I normally won't defend, was visiting her mom in Florida for the holidays, but people be acting like that's hypocrisy too and she should have locked herself in NY Castle.)

Hey, we get it if you think the politician irritates you and every fart they make is an affront to your existence. But letting you know... this is all just a political play for entertainment. And you've been goaded as a pawn of the masses to be roused up and distracted by nonsense.
    The problem is AOC lives her life lecturing and shaming the masses like she is the Queen of Sheba. So of course people are going to give her shit when she looks like a hypocrite, right or wrong. It's the same story with clowns like Al Gore who fly around on jets all day lecturing us on climate change. I mean, they're politicians after all, so nobody should take them seriously to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't you hear? Ya'll criticising her rightfully for being a hypocrite, are just doing so cause you can't fuck her.

That's her defense.

What a moron that horse-faced woman is.
    She should go back to being a bartender so the common folk can more easily fuck her.

- - - Updated - - -

No way thats real :lol:
    Who knows... it could be. :D

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
    I can't believe two years into this we are still fucking up people's lives for what most people is a flu, which we have vaccines for, as is not going anywhere and the majority accept it :lol:
    It's fucking ridiculous. Here in Holland they took ten years to fuck up the hospitals. We currently have 40%, or even less, the amount of intensive care beds we had compared to ten years ago. Now a couple of people have corona while being on an IC bed and the entire country is on fire.

God I hate politicians in this country...

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    It's fucking ridiculous. Here in Holland they took ten years to fuck up the hospitals. We currently have 40%, or even less, the amount of intensive care beds we had compared to ten years ago. Now a couple of people have corona while being on an IC bed and the entire country is on fire.

God I hate politicians in this country...
    Politicians are one thing, we expect them to be low life scum. It's the public that buys into the fear and let's them do what they want, or worse yet, those who are asking for more... really shows the childish, cowardly society we live in.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I can't believe two years into this we are still fucking up people's lives for what most people is a flu, which we have vaccines for, is not going anywhere and the majority accept it :lol:
    A flu that clogs hospitals is still a clusterf*k and not business as usual though.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ch...icron-wave-spurs-more-disruptions-2022-01-05/

You can keep dismissing the health care system as expendable. But at some point, a lot of people are going to pay for that in ways having nothing directly to do with Covid.

And people are way too into hyperbole, calling themselves prisoners of lockdowns even when they are merely told to put on a mask indoors. Total pantywaists to minor inconveniences of any real import.

The problem is AOC lives her life lecturing and shaming the masses like she is the Queen of Sheba. So of course people are going to give her shit when she looks like a hypocrite, right or wrong. It's the same story with clowns like Al Gore who fly around on jets all day lecturing us on climate change. I mean, they're politicians after all, so nobody should take them seriously to begin with.
    AOC was voted for her tweets as a foil to mirror the likes of a Boebert or MTG. The sad part is that she was voted in because these are the games we play now instead of actual politics: posturing, hypocrisy finger-pointing, cries of virtue signaling their supporters, etc.

This is all a performative political game on both sides. And I think Sean Illing at Vox captured this right ... not just for conservatives but for all people weighted towards cultural wars and political grievances ... when he wrote:

"What the GOP has done is create a cultural grievance machine that functions as a laundering device for corporatist economic policies."

But it's not just the GOP. Democrats are equally guilty.

But if you expect Al Gore to show up in a donkey cart and shabby Christ robes to speak to billionaires and global politicians at Davos, you're too focused on image and not on message. And we humans use image as grounds to dismiss messengers as a way to avoid listening to the message. It's an aversion technique.

You can explain someone like Greta Thunberg as a reaction to that. Pick the most humble person you can think of -- an autistic kid with a temper who arrives by boat -- and people will still slag you for being ignorant in life, being a girl, not being in school, showing a temper, etc. So that's not a solution either. When you don't want to listen to the message, you berate the messenger.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Yes, I got that a long time ago. So we're gonna wait how for the health care system to catch up with reality?
    I know enough people in the industry to know how f'ed it is. The Great Resignation is cute when it's your cashier or stock boy at The Gap. It's a whole different thing when it's your mom's ICU nurse.

As it is now, even with the restrictions we've experienced in the past, health care systems are bleeding competent staff ... some of which are straight up going into mental health scenarios. So people are going to die one way or other ... at the hands of a bad draw from a weakened virus or at the hands of a crumbling health system under pressure.

At the way things look now, the virus probably has 1-2 good years left in it. The health care systems around the world will likely take much more than that to recover in any reasonable way.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    In Holland politicians had a meeting about giving those nurses higher wages. They walked out of the meeting so the meeting wouldn't have to take place. Couple months later and we are with a lot less nurses and so on. They want this catastrophe to happen.
    They probably approved a raise for themselves before walking out. It’s a trend everywhere. A professional new money class keeps getting richer despite catastrophe for average joe.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    I know enough people in the industry to know how f'ed it is. The Great Resignation is cute when it's your cashier or stock boy at The Gap. It's a whole different thing when it's your mom's ICU nurse.

As it is now, even with the restrictions we've experienced in the past, health care systems are bleeding competent staff ... some of which are straight up going into mental health scenarios. So people are going to die one way or other ... at the hands of a bad draw from a weakened virus or at the hands of a crumbling health system under pressure.

At the way things look now, the virus probably has 1-2 good years left in it. The health care systems around the world will likely take much more than that to recover in any reasonable way.
    Too bad they fired so many healthcare workers for being unvaccinated, eh? :hihi:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Too bad they fired so many healthcare workers for being unvaccinated, eh? :hihi:
    You know the best place to catch a disease, right?

Hospitals.

That's even before Covid. Throw in unvaccinated health care workers, and it's as if you're actively trying to make people sicker.

And you'd keep restrictions for that long?
    I'd try to find some way of keeping people out of the sick care system for that long ... whether that's giving people tests, distributing vaccines, developing treatments for the infected, funding time off for front-line workers, improving flu shot distribution, subsidizing farmers markets so people have more options to eat healthy and not be obese/sickly ... and restrictions.

It's a balancing act. Kids not at school, and parents with kids at home, are their own disease. But saying "f#$% it, let the health care workers burn out and the whole system collapse and we'll start over because freedom" isn't a responsible answer either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)