Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (27 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
What have hospitalizations done there? Any serious uptick yet?

- - - Updated - - -

This is dailymail so take it with a grain of salt, but more promising news if it’s true. @kao_ray

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...atients-England-tested-positive-admitted.html
So far I hated the argument that some people have died "with" Covid and not "from" because it was belittling the danger from the virus (and of course there were a minority of cases where Covid-19 wasn't the main reason for death) but now with this mild version I think there could be a lot of cases with deaths "with" Omicron simply because of its massive transmissibility. I'm sure in hospitals it will spread like wildfire to people who are already on their death beds.

I also think that hospitalizations, need of oxygen, ventilation and ICU care are a better indicator for the severity.

But I'm still worried about the most vulnerable people. People in their 70-80 + and people with severe comorbidities should take care with things like Zinc and vitamin D.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
not this again.

Here, the ~12% of unvaccinated make up 70% of hospitalizations. And have consistently been anywhere from 25-50X more likely to be hospitalized. When the fact the highest vaccinated group is the most at risk, seniors, it makes the vaccines look even more effective at preventing serious illness.

Literally no one here supports vaccine mandates. But mandates being BS doesn’t make the vaccines useless. They are quite clearly very effective at preventing the worst outcomes.
If they were/are for what they were sold for, it would have ended already. Also, if they were/are for what they were sold for, there would be no restrictions for this MILD variant. But boosters on 4 months and new variant closing things down is LOL

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
If they were/are for what they were sold for, it would have ended already. Also, if they were/are for what they were sold for, there would be no restrictions for this MILD variant. But boosters on 4 months and new variant closing things down is LOL
The lockdowns are a political decision, the same way in February 2020 it was a political decision from WHO to condemn closing flights from China as racist. The vaccines have done a great job in saving lives of the elderly and people with comorbidities, but are not a necessity for young and healthy adults and shouldn't be mandatory.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
and that has nothing to do with what I said. You keep saying the vaccine is useless or “what is it even good for.” I told you what it’s good for. The numbers are available and published. If reducing hospitalization and death risk by like 25-50X means they are useless, I don’t know what to say to you, you’re blind or wilfully ignorant here. Anyways. You think the same of me on this, and we’ve gone back and forth more than enough. So I’ll leave you be in this thread haha.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just read about a guy in Brussels that has been taking with him fake ID to get vaccinated instead of others. He gets paid between 100€ and 150€ so that the other people can get a covid pass without the shot. Apparently he got 8 jabs before they caught him.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
and that has nothing to do with what I said. You keep saying the vaccine is useless or “what is it even good for.” I told you what it’s good for. The numbers are available and published. If reducing hospitalization and death risk by like 25-50X means they are useless, I don’t know what to say to you, you’re blind or wilfully ignorant here. Anyways. You think the same of me on this, and we’ve gone back and forth more than enough. So I’ll leave you be in this thread haha.
I completely agree but @Dostoevsky is right that now with Omicron it looks like it's a false advertisement to say that the vaccines stop infections.

Jun 7, 2003
Met friends 2 days ago for a little christmas drinking, yesterday one of them got symptoms and has fever. Now i'm in quarantine once again for at least the next 5 days and won't attend family gathering in the next days which is a pity. Crazy times.

At least i have hope for new years eve when my test is negative next week

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Wow, you don't believe in reading like you don't believe in vitamin D?

Here, watch this if you believe in getting information from a video. It's a good overview on the whole Fauci situation. Let's hope you can concentrate for 20 minutes.

And no, nobody is saying Fauci is a Chinese spy. But the evidence is showing that he is sponsoring dangerous research for monetary reasons. Even the Pentagon had issues with his deeds before the Pandemic. It's explained in the Newsweek article and in this video.
@Bjerknes
Yeah, thanks regardless. Nothing personal, but the worst way to try to convince me of something is to throw YouTube links at me. I've been burned hundreds of times in the past with nonsense and have opted not to waste my precious life watching any video that's tossed out as a replacement for a conversation. Just policy these days out of necessity I'm afraid. (And especially a video with a home screen that uses that kind of font and sensationalist caption as a screencap ... my hit rate is even worse on those.)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I completely agree but @Dostoevsky is right that now with Omicron it looks like it's a false advertisement to say that the vaccines stop infections.
Who is saying that?

I see PostIronic continually talk about the significant evidence that has been replicated in study after study that it reduces hospitalization rates. Nobody's saying it stops infections.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Who is saying that?

I see PostIronic continually talk about the significant evidence that has been replicated in study after study that it reduces hospitalization rates. Nobody's saying it stops infections.
I believe he’s referring to the media and a lot of governments saying early on that it was going to stop infections almost entirely. And the first studies claiming 95% efficacy at stopping infection entirely which quickly turned out to be false. That’s why we had all the reporting on “breakthrough infections.” And it doesn’t help public trust especially amongst those already somewhat lacking in trust for the government. The people banging the conspiracy theory drums about Covid, about tracking chip vaccines, about vaccines killing everyone for depopulation, about only unvaccinated being “pure blood” :lol: These people are never going to come around no matter what. But the early claims made about the vaccines and what they could and could not do being rather misleading doesn’t help persuade those on the fence.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I just read about a guy in Brussels that has been taking with him fake ID to get vaccinated instead of others. He gets paid between 100€ and 150€ so that the other people can get a covid pass without the shot. Apparently he got 8 jabs before they caught him.
There is a case of a woman in my mom's hometown who got busted with a fake vaccine card listing "Maderna":

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...n-prison-and-5-000-fine-in-hawaii-11630509244

But this is hardly the best misuse of documentation story I've heard in this country this year. A friend runs with a physician. Like you do in San Francisco, he got his car broken into and stuff stolen from his trunk, which included his prescription pad.

One day he gets a call from some random pharmacy. They seem suspicious of the prescription he apparently wrote out:
"Mofine"
"5 lbs"

Yeah, over 2 kilos of morphine from someone who can't spell. :shifty:

I can only imagine the pharmacy casing out the person with the prescription as they called the doc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)