Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (52 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No matter the side you lean on, I assume we can agree that Fauci is a con artist
I don't get the Fauci hate. The guy is a science nerd and paper-pushing bureaucrat. It's like blaming Ernst von Weizsäcker for the Holocaust.

The only explanation I can fathom why people are seething hate and wishing death on him is because some libtards worship his pro-science stance (which can be used to refute people convinced that the vaccines are a Bill Gates or con artists who are telling everyone on the Internet to take unproven home remedies).

And since owning the libs is the priority, killing Fauci seems like killing the enemy king or something.

Political goals these days being to kill revered enemy symbols or influencers.
:rofl: We just declared Portugal a covid high risk country

RKI = lazy and dumb analysis
Oh, but we are. Infections are going pretty mad. Even if hospitalizations are creeping down at the same time.

Damn. I am not coming back till Europe gets its shit together.
Early Jan I'm stepping off a plane in that. :D

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13,667
    But why, dude, vaccines are great
    You would rather live in a world without vaccines?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the Fauci hate. The guy is a science nerd and paper-pushing bureaucrat. It's like blaming Ernst von Weizsäcker for the Holocaust.

The only explanation I can fathom why people are seething hate and wishing death on him is because some libtards worship his pro-science stance (which can be used to refute people convinced that the vaccines are a Bill Gates or con artists who are telling everyone on the Internet to take unproven home remedies).

And since owning the libs is the priority, killing Fauci seems like killing the enemy king or something.

Political goals these days being to kill revered enemy symbols or influencers.

Oh, but we are. Infections are going pretty mad. Even if hospitalizations are creeping down at the same time.

Early Jan I'm stepping off a plane in that. :D
    I don’t like the libtards, but the Fauci hate is pretty ridiculous. It’s like they think all scientists are Dr. Mengele or something. Sadly we can’t live in a world without science where people get to chop their own arms off and sleep in small pox blankets.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    You would rather live in a world without vaccines?

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t like the libtards, but the Fauci hate is pretty ridiculous. It’s like they think all scientists are Dr. Mengele or something. Sadly we can’t live in a world without science where people get to chop their own arms off and sleep in small pox blankets.
    I apologize. Covid vaccines*

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    But why, dude, vaccines are great
    not this again.

Here, the ~12% of unvaccinated make up 70% of hospitalizations. And have consistently been anywhere from 25-50X more likely to be hospitalized. When the fact the highest vaccinated group is the most at risk, seniors, it makes the vaccines look even more effective at preventing serious illness.

Literally no one here supports vaccine mandates. But mandates being BS doesn’t make the vaccines useless. They are quite clearly very effective at preventing the worst outcomes.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    not this again.

Here, the ~12% of unvaccinated make up 70% of hospitalizations. And have consistently been anywhere from 25-50X more likely to be hospitalized. When the fact the highest vaccinated group is the most at risk, seniors, it makes the vaccines look even more effective at preventing serious illness.

Literally no one here supports vaccine mandates. But mandates being BS doesn’t make the vaccines useless. They are quite clearly very effective at preventing the worst outcomes.
    You’re wasting your time bro

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    The gym closure in BC is hitting hard today :(

I get the COVID risk n all, but there have been very limited exposures in gyms over here. The weather sucks, so it's not like you can go out for a run or anything. Almost everyone wears a mask, and needs to be double vaxxed to attend the facilities anyway.

What's odd is that they haven't cancelled classes like Taekwando etc.

Time to be that guy who walks really fast inside the living room for exercise i guess.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    The gym closure in BC is hitting hard today :(

I get the COVID risk n all, but there have been very limited exposures in gyms over here. The weather sucks, so it's not like you can go out for a run or anything. Almost everyone wears a mask, and needs to be double vaxxed to attend the facilities anyway.

What's odd is that they haven't cancelled classes like Taekwando etc.

Time to be that guy who walks really fast inside the living room for exercise i guess.
    You live in BC too? :scared:

This latest round of restrictions is ridiculous. Even during early Delta when large numbers were still unvaccinated here gyms, etc were allowed to stay open and now with like 90% of adults, and like 95% of elderly most at risk double vaccinated, they are shutting down gyms, restaurants, etc for omicron which the provincial health officer said looked to be quite a mild variant in terms of illness severity just a week ago. We haven’t had restrictions like this in at least a year now. Complete rubbish. :lol2:

Last edited:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    You live in BC too? :scared:

This latest round of restrictions is ridiculous. Even during early Delta when large numbers we’re still unvaccinated here gyms, etc were allowed to stay open and now with like 90% of adults, and like 95% of elderly most at risk double vaccinated, they are shutting down gyms, restaurants, etc for omicron which the provincial health officer said looked to be quite a mild variant in terms of illness severity just a week ago. We haven’t had restrictions like this in at least a year now. Complete rubbish. :lol2:
    Yep. I’m on the mainland.

The issue with Omicorn is transmission and how it spreads much quicker, so in terms of volume itself it could overwhelm the health care system. More cases means more mild cases but also an increase in severe cases. Then again, early days. Cases have skyrocketed this week.

I doubt these restrictions will go away on Jan 18th. They will probably wait until enough booster shots have been administered.

I kinda like Bonnnie and Dix. They have a tough job, but the gym thing really pisses me off if only for purely selfish reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    Because Fauci is a Chinese spy, is the hypothesis?

I'd believe Macron's wife is a trans alien from planet Zoltar before that.
    Wow, you don't believe in reading like you don't believe in vitamin D?

Here, watch this if you believe in getting information from a video. It's a good overview on the whole Fauci situation. Let's hope you can concentrate for 20 minutes.

And no, nobody is saying Fauci is a Chinese spy. But the evidence is showing that he is sponsoring dangerous research for monetary reasons. Even the Pentagon had issues with his deeds before the Pandemic. It's explained in the Newsweek article and in this video.
    @Bjerknes

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Yep. I’m on the mainland.

The issue with Omicorn is transmission and how it spreads much quicker, so in terms of volume itself it could overwhelm the health care system. More cases means more mild cases but also an increase in severe cases. Then again, early days. Cases have skyrocketed this week.

I doubt these restrictions will go away on Jan 18th. They will probably wait until enough booster shots have been administered.

I kinda like Bonnnie and Dix. They have a tough job, but the gym thing really pisses me off if only for purely selfish reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My issue is that we have ~90% of adults vaccinated. We have 95% plus percent of vulnerable elders vaccinated. South African studies show that while yes, omicron spreads crazy fast, and evades antibodies from both vaccines and prior infection, they also showed that vast vast majority of cases are mild, hospitalizations never spiked out of control in this wave. Also, from Pfizer and Moderna early analysis looks like the vaccines are still providing significant protection against any serious illness possible from omicron.

I kinda like Bonnie and Dix too, but I think they are grasping at straws here and overreacting, when they’ve literally managed this better than almost anywhere up til now, with no real widespread shutdowns outside the initial one or over the top restrictions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)