Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (30 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
In Finland, i know dozens of people who have had sore throat or those typical influenza symptons who went to tests and tested negative. Funny how you're trying to prevent something, then you still need to call sick from work by having something else. So, does it even help to wear a mask or washing your hands?

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Your comment makes no sense.
It might not, but doesn't matter how paranoid you're about this whole covic-19 situation, whatever you do and you will still get these influenzas in return just makes me wonder how much those masks actually prevent anything? I haven't had a mask, i haven't been too paranoid about washing my hands etc. and i'v been working whole time since march and yet i haven't had any reason to doubt i'd have anything. Of course, i do not take it as a joke but still, i do know exactly one person from the public place i work who have had covic-19 and that's from the hundreds of customers i'v talked to or other co-workers but there's dozen's of people who have had this basic influenza symptons.

I just can't see the difference between wearing a mask and not wearing it and it's based on my personal experiences.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
In Finland, i know dozens of people who have had sore throat or those typical influenza symptons who went to tests and tested negative. Funny how you're trying to prevent something, then you still need to call sick from work by having something else. So, does it even help to wear a mask or washing your hands?
The answer to your question is unequivocally "yes".

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
It might not, but doesn't matter how paranoid you're about this whole covic-19 situation, whatever you do and you will still get these influenzas in return just makes me wonder how much those masks actually prevent anything? I haven't had a mask, i haven't been too paranoid about washing my hands etc. and i'v been working whole time since march and yet i haven't had any reason to doubt i'd have anything. Of course, i do not take it as a joke but still, i do know exactly one person from the public place i work who have had covic-19 and that's from the hundreds of customers i'v talked to or other co-workers but there's dozen's of people who have had this basic influenza symptons.

I just can't see the difference between wearing a mask and not wearing it and it's based on my personal experiences.
Do you even know how masks work? Sure, virus particles are small enough to go through the mask, but virus particles do not spread on their own. They need water droplets to spread. These droplets can spread up to 20 feet if you cough or sneeze, but wearing a mask greatly reduces that distance because the droplets are too big to escape the mask.
Of course, not all masks have the same efficacy, surgical and N95 masks being the most effective, but even simple face coverings and cloth masks are effective enough.
Also you don't wash your hands? Bruh, that's a big yikes, with our without Covid.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Your comment makes no sense.
Imagine fucking questioning whether washing your hands is helpful... :sergio:

People who place personal experience/opinion on the same level as the scientists and infectious disease experts guidance are just... bizarre. There’s a reason those experts have said the most effective things the average person can do are to wash hands regularly and wear a mask. And the countries where the latter is common are those that have managed to shut this down best. But some people just like to pretend the experts know nothing and are out to get us all.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8,112
    Do you wash your hands after going poopie?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    Imagine fucking questioning whether washing your hands is helpful... :sergio:

People who place personal experience/opinion on the same level as the scientists and infectious disease experts guidance are just... bizarre. There’s a reason those experts have said the most effective things the average person can do are to wash hands regularly and wear a mask. And the countries where the latter is common are those that have managed to shut this down best. But some people just like to pretend the experts know nothing and are out to get us all.
    These folks just hate being told what to do and what not do.
    They're basically like children, you have to tell them the opposite of what you want them to do.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    Do you even know how masks work? Sure, virus particles are small enough to go through the mask, but virus particles do not spread on their own. They need water droplets to spread. These droplets can spread up to 20 feet if you cough or sneeze, but wearing a mask greatly reduces that distance because the droplets are too big to escape the mask.
    Of course, not all masks have the same efficacy, surgical and N95 masks being the most effective, but even simple face coverings and cloth masks are effective enough.
    Also you don't wash your hands? Bruh, that's a big yikes, with our without Covid.
    Ya, but why people didn't wear masks when Covid-19 wasn't around? Wouldn't it do the same thing to these seasonal flu's and influenzas? Are we that dumb, that thousands of years in our existence we realized a simple mask that had been used for years by the doctors or other purposes etc, could prevent normal seasonal influenzas? Didn't we realize that a simple handshake was nothing but a ladder for any viruses, bacterias to come at us?

What's so different with this Covid-19 compared to before? Because it might cause a "death" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you wash your hands after going poopie?
    Of course. Anytime im bout to eat etc. ill wash my hands but im not going paranoid and do that 50 times a day.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    Ya, but why people didn't wear masks when Covid-19 wasn't around? Wouldn't it do the same thing to these seasonal flu's and influenzas? Are we that dumb, that thousands of years in our existence we realized a simple mask that had been used for years by the doctors or other purposes etc, could prevent normal seasonal influenzas? Didn't we realize that a simple handshake was nothing but a ladder for any viruses, bacterias to come at us?

What's so different with this Covid-19 compared to before? Because it might cause a "death" ?
    Isn't it obvious? The flu's mortality rate is way lower than that of Covid. If Covid was as harmless as the flu, no one would have asked you to take these steps.
    Also, in 1918, during the Spanish Flu pandemic, which killed between 50-100 million people around the world, health authorities also urged people not to congregate and to wear masks.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    Isn't it obvious? The flu's mortality rate is way lower than that of Covid. If Covid was as harmless as the flu, no one would have asked you to take these steps.
    Also, in 1918, during the Spanish Flu pandemic, which killed between 50-100 million people around the world, health authorities also urged people not to congregate and to wear masks.
    I expect people keep continuing using the masks, not shaking hands etc. after we've found the solution for this current situation. There's no real reason to actually continue shaking the hands for example and it's unbeliavable it took pandemic like that, to realized how stupid it is.

There can be all kind of experts in this world who might have the knowledge, but there hasn't been situation like this before so you can't even base anything on the fact that it worked in the past, so it might be good now. That's why there isn't real guide how to act, there's millions of different scenarios, nobody knows what to do and even the school games on football that are normally 11v11 are now 7v7, which is once again a sign about total lack of logic.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
    May 2, 2017
    I expect people keep continuing using the masks, not shaking hands etc. after we've found the solution for this current situation. There's no real reason to actually continue shaking the hands for example and it's unbeliavable it took pandemic like that, to realized how stupid it is.

There can be all kind of experts in this world who might have the knowledge, but there hasn't been situation like this before so you can't even base anything on the fact that it worked in the past, so it might be good now. That's why there isn't real guide how to act, there's millions of different scenarios, nobody knows what to do and even the school games on football that are normally 11v11 are now 7v7, which is once again a sign about total lack of logic.
    That's not true, since SARS , out in Asia they have been wearing masks more frequently over the past many years...so there is precedence...of course this version of coronavirus seems to be lot more contagious but it's not a whole new thing to wear masks

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    That's not true, since SARS , out in Asia they have been wearing masks more frequently over the past many years...so there is precedence...of course this version of coronavirus seems to be lot more contagious but it's not a whole new thing to wear masks
    Yes, they've been wearing masks, so why not us? There must be benefits wearing masks, washing hands 50 times a day and not shaking hands, so does it actually need an explaining?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)