Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (43 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who make things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Meanwhile, the Philippines has a new mutation.
No... they just discovered cases of the D614G/G614 strain, which is the dominant strain circling the world right now, already become more prevalent in Europe and the Americas. It’s likely much more infectious but necessarily deadlier. Before now, the country had exclusively seen the D614 strain which is the one that initially came out of China.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world...sia-but-its-already-taken-over-europe-and-u-s

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Trump tried to bash New Zealand for their “big surge” in cases today. They had 9 new cases. America had over 40,000. :rofl:
Well, American deaths are bigly compared to New Zealand's scrawny and pathetic 22.

Corona is for pussies. It seems China had another case of bubonic plague.
COVID-19 is so last year. China already working on blood diseases from mating pangolins with fruit bats mixed with Mulan Szechuan Sauce.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Trump tried to bash New Zealand for their “big surge” in cases today. They had 9 new cases. America had over 40,000. :rofl:
Auckland is a very fine city. Good, strong, beautiful folks. But many people tell me, many of the best and smartest people tell me, their numbers are huge right now. Biggest numbers they’ve had in a long time, believe me. That’s what they’re telling me. Tremendous numbers.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
This is my mom's Covid antibodies test results. My mom and dad both got Corona around 50 days ago and didn't tell anyone. I was in contact with them every other day but this was at the same time my aunt passed away, so I was thinking that was the reason why my mom didn't look alright and couldn't talk much. My parents had gone to the funeral (they were in complete lockdown before that - though after this I don't know what I can trust :p), the day after they fell sick and tested positive for Corona. My dad had shown milder symptoms that lasted for about a week. They haven't recovered from their loss of sense of smell yet. My parents' getting corona was my biggest fear and it happened without me even knowing it :scarf1:

- - - Updated - - -

UNC has no heart.
Universities reopened campuses and enforced face-to-face settings because of the students who didn't like virtual classes (but the university liked their money). One of my friends told me that only 5 students showed up in his first class and the rest (+20) attended online but the quality of the lecture for those attending virtually went down substantially because he was wearing a mask, he had to address both those sitting in class and those at home, and overall, everything bad about a virtual class got even worse. The tyranny of the minority I suppose @swag :grin:

Attachments

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
This is my mom's Covid antibodies test results. My mom and dad both got Corona around 50 days ago and didn't tell anyone. I was in contact with them every other day but this was at the same time my aunt passed away, so I was thinking that was the reason why my mom didn't look alright and couldn't talk much. My parents had gone to the funeral (they were in complete lockdown before that - though after this I don't know what I can trust :p), the day after they fell sick and tested positive for Corona. My dad had shown milder symptoms that lasted for about a week. They haven't recovered from their loss of sense of smell yet. My parents' getting corona was my biggest fear and it happened without me even knowing it :scarf1:

- - - Updated - - -

Universities reopened campuses and enforced face-to-face settings because of the students who didn't like virtual classes (but the university liked their money). One of my friends told me that only 5 students showed up in his first class and the rest (+20) attended online but the quality of the lecture for those attending virtually went down substantially because he was wearing a mask, he had to address both those sitting in class and those at home, and overall, everything bad about a virtual class got even worse. The tyranny of the minority I suppose @swag :grin:
Have you been tested for antibodies? Might as well if you were in contact with them.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, sorry to hear Hoori. I imagine it might have been both infuriating and also a strange false relief for the period you didn't know. Amazing they could still hide it from you on Skype. At least if they were coughing, etc...

Hope they have a full recovery, though it sounds like it's going to take time. I suppose on the good side it was never bad enough to blow their secret over Skype.

And man, school sounds like it sucks. :p That does sound like a race-to-the-bottom, lowest-common-denominator situation where the worst experience becomes the standard for everyone. (That's often a liberal trap, btw: instead of raising the bar for everyone, ensuring nobody has any advantage and keeping the experience equally poor for everyone. :juventus:)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Ugh, sorry to hear Hoori. I imagine it might have been both infuriating and also a strange false relief for the period you didn't know. Amazing they could still hide it from you on Skype. At least if they were coughing, etc...

Hope they have a full recovery, though it sounds like it's going to take time. I suppose on the good side it was never bad enough to blow their secret over Skype.
Revenger for all the boyfriends and girlfriend we hid from them :D

It's a big relief. My dad is in his 70's but he's healthy, my mom has asthma so she struggled more but thank god they recovered.

And man, school sounds like it sucks. :p That does sound like a race-to-the-bottom, lowest-common-denominator situation where the worst experience becomes the standard for everyone. (That's often a liberal trap, btw: instead of raising the bar for everyone, ensuring nobody has any advantage and keeping the experience equally poor for everyone. :juventus:)
True. As we have in Farsi, to be equally cruel to everyone is justice :grin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)