Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (47 Viewers)

Apr 17, 2013
Still weird when you know your city and you're used to the noise of cars, the hustle and bustle of the crowd and you see post-apocalyptic scenes.
Do you have images of drones from your cities?

Last edited:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The longer the shutdown lasts, the more and more businesses will drop out of the market, both small and medium. Once the credit lines dry up it'll be extremely difficult to restart business once this is over with. Perhaps we can have a month or so being shutdown, but even that is a long time. In a perfect world, we could just test everyone and know who had it, has it, or doesn't have it, and base re-opening decisions on that data.
This thing is going to chance society.

I'm looking at this from my point of view. Many lawyers do traffic law. For some it's part of their business, for some it's all of their business. There is literally no traffic in Belgium now though. Which means no accidents, no fines, no court cases. If this lasts 3-4 months, you can bet many firms are going to feel this and will have to cut people.

And then there's the fact that more and more people will say they can always work from home. Which again means less traffic, but not just for a few months, but indefinitely.

This is just one little aspect in one area, but I'm sure there are many similar changes in other areas.

- - - Updated - - -

You as a lawyer should know that the right to live is more important than any economic right.
You act as if that's what it comes down to. It not that easy. It's not that easy at all. You as a lawyer should know we can write books about this debate.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not quite understanding why the markets are going up considering the unemployment rate numbers that just came out.
The stimulus package being passed?

A feeling there might be the beginning of an end in sight?

The unemployment figures being in line with what was expected and so already priced into the market?

Loooking forward to a raking in huge profits on a busy Easter Sunday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)