Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (52 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Poor little princess. :lol:

Who says coronavirus won’t exist in two months? Not I. We flatten the curve or millions die. Simple as that. And hopefully as we flatten the curve, start setting up better tests and testing systems, we can start to normalize society in advance of a vaccine. Which is what most scientists are saying, you dumbass. If a vaccine doesn’t work, that shall have to change obviously. But no one is saying we can spend 18 months under strict quarantine lol. We obviously have to use this initial couple month quarantine to get our shit sorted with regards to massive testing and isolation of only positives.

But let’s advocate just rounding up old people, and the immunocompromised, putting them in concentration camps, and if they get sick, not treating them so they can just die, and not overburden the health care system. And you call me an idiot lol. You’re not just an idiot, you’re also a psychopath.

Onto ignore list with you. Your moronic posts aren’t really amusing anymore.
So we test everyone, stabilize the situation, flatten the curve for a few months and then what happens? How do we avoid 18 months at home (or however long it takes for vaccines / effective medicine)? Once you let go of the restrictions, the curve is steep again, see Hong Kong f.e.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Chinese County Back Under Lockdown After Coronavirus Cases Re-Emerge

Seems China is in trouble again. Not Hubei again at least, but clearly they don't have this under control.

• Asymptomatic doctors force county to seal residents off again
  • Woman in nearby city infected after visiting one doctor
A county in central China has been put under lockdown again after a flare-up in coronavirus cases, pointing to the difficulty of sustaining outbreak containment in the face of carriers who show no signs of sickness.

Jia county, whose population numbers around 640,000, issued a directive on Wednesday asking all residential compounds to be sealed off and those visiting and leaving homes to produce identity cards, wear masks and submit to temperature checks. Car traffic will also be limited.

The move came after residents were unnerved by an incident in which a woman was infected after she visited a doctor who carried the virus but showed no signs of being sick. Researchers are finding that these stealthy carriers can play an outsized role in spreading the pathogen to others, since there’s no easy way to tell they’re infected.

Many countries, especially those with limited testing capacity, do not give people tests unless they show symptoms like fever and cough.

China has officially declared its epidemic contained after reported new cases fell to zero on March 19, but there’s growing concern over a second wave both domestically and in travelers arriving at its border. The U.S. intelligence community has also concluded that China under-reported both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease in a classified report given to the U.S. government.

Asyptomatic Doctors

Testing conducted by a Jia county hospital on March 25 of medical workers who treat Covid-19 patients revealed infections in three doctors who showed no symptoms. The three doctors dined together in a restaurant on March 13 and one of them had previously traveled to Wuhan and self-quarantined for two weeks upon his return.

All three were placed under quarantine after testing positive. But their infections were not made public as China did not start to disclose its number of asymptomatic infections until this week, after domestic and international criticism of its lack of transparency.

Countries like South Korea and Japan have always included asymptomatic patients who test positive in their confirmed case counts, while China’s practice is to move such cases to the confirmed category only after they start showing symptoms. This means that Chinese people who do not develop symptoms but carry the virus are never identified and tallied as confirmed cases.

In Jia county, the three doctors’ infections came to light only when a 59-year-old woman who developed a fever and a headache in a nearby city was found to have contracted the virus on March 28, after visiting one of the doctors. Her visit occurred before the doctors’ quarantine began on March 25.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ack-under-lockdown-after-infection-re-emerges

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So we test everyone, stabilize the situation, flatten the curve for a few months and then what happens? How do we avoid 18 months at home (or however long it takes for vaccines / effective medicine)? Once you let go of the restrictions, the curve is steep again, see Hong Kong f.e.
Nah. Look at South Korea. Once we institute massive testing and have a better idea of where outbreaks are, how they spread, and a better idea of best treatment protocols (which matters regardless of a vaccine), it is far easier to contain and localize new outbreaks before they go crazy. We’re in this position now because of absolutely zero testing being done, and a lack of adequate tests in the western world for 6-8 weeks after we knew this pandemic was spreading out from China.

Obviously, things like travel will still be restricted to varying degrees, but business can and should reopen and aggressive testing should continue, and better ID of contacts of positive cases, etc.

And while Hong Kong has had minor recurrences of it, it’s nothing compared to what we see in Europe and America right now. Get this under control and less drastic measures will be needed in the future.

I’m just repeating what epidemiologists and scientists are saying, not voicing my own opinions here. Only the fringe lunatics are suggesting we shut down the world economy for 12-18 months.. and likewise only the fringe psychotics are suggesting we let this spread unchecked and allow millions of people to die because hurr durr humans are mortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Chinese County Back Under Lockdown After Coronavirus Cases Re-Emerge

Seems China is in trouble again. Not Hubei again at least, but clearly they don't have this under control.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ack-under-lockdown-after-infection-re-emerges
They say the problem is China ignoring asymptomatic cases, which South Korea and Japan don’t do. Aside from this, China is an authoritarian regime, with a massive propaganda machine and no free press, and no one knows what is going on in that country, as shown by all the reports coming out today that up to 40,000 died of this in China already.

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You at least at that point have a certain percentage of the population that has some level of immunity, slowing down the rate of infection and allowing hospitals and emergency responders to not become overwhelmed. The more you draw it out, the better off society is. This is the key to all of this, it always has been and is the goal of every single scenario or plan that comes out. It is vital that we prevent the collapse of the healthcare system above all else. There are no easy or comfortable answers here, remember this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

People in power across the political spectrum are of course looking to "reopen" the economy and get money flowing again, there will be time for such proposals later on. Unless of course, you let people do whatever they want now and then have them dying in the streets later because there's no room in the hospitals/healthcare workers in revolt over lack of ppe/social unrest/etc. The focus now is and should be on protecting healthcare workers and ensuring the functionality of the healthcare system, nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

They say the problem is China ignoring asymptomatic cases, which South Korea and Japan don’t do. Aside from this, China is an authoritarian regime, with a massive propaganda machine and no free press, and no one knows what is going on in that country, as shown by all the reports coming out today that up to 40,000 died of this in China already.
:agree: You cannot listen to what China says, you can only watch what they do.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Nah. Look at South Korea. Once we institute massive testing and have a better idea of where outbreaks are, how they spread, and a better idea of best treatment protocols (which matters regardless of a vaccine), it is far easier to contain and localize new outbreaks before they go crazy. We’re in this position now because of absolutely zero testing being done, and a lack of adequate tests in the western world for 6-8 weeks after we knew this pandemic was spreading out from China.

Obviously, things like travel will still be restricted to varying degrees, but business can and should reopen and aggressive testing should continue, and better ID of contacts of positive cases, etc.

And while Hong Kong has had minor recurrences of it, it’s nothing compared to what we see in Europe and America right now. Get this under control and less drastic measures will be needed in the future.

I’m just repeating what epidemiologists and scientists are saying, not voicing my own opinions here. Only the fringe lunatics are suggesting we shut down the world economy for 12-18 months.. and likewise only the fringe psychotics are suggesting we let this spread unchecked and allow millions of people to die because hurr durr humans are mortal.

- - - Updated - - -

Businesses dont need to just reopen, they can only function well if people start to circulate again. And that's problematic, is it happening in South Korea?

I've been working from home for nearly a month and havent bought anything besides food and hygene stuff for me and the family, we just dont have any use for anything else. I'd like a new car, but thats a risk too large for times like these. The economy dies as soon as no one spends.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Businesses dont need to just reopen, they can only function well if people start to circulate again. And that's problematic, is it happening in South Korea?

I've been working from home for nearly a month and havent bought anything besides food and hygene stuff for me and the family, we just dont have any use for anything else. I'd like a new car, but thats a risk too large for times like these. The economy dies as soon as no one spends.
The economy will die much faster if we let 2+ million people die in the US of coronavirus this year alone, not to mention countless other deaths from the health care system collapsing. I’ve posted the stats multiple times. Even if we were to just let all the 80 year olds die, we’d still be looking at 40 million + hospitalizations, ~5 million icu/ventilator patients, and like 2 million deaths. This is what the CDC and other groups forecast if this is unmitigated. In the US only. That puts us into catastrophe far faster than a couple month lockdown while we try to figure out how best to deal with this.

Do you seriously think we’d be in lockdown like this under a Trump government/Republican senate majority if this wasn’t deadly serious? You can’t be that naive? Trump’s entire reelection campaign is based on his “economic prowess”, these guys ignored and belittled the danger for a couple months, and now they are willing to (according to you guys) tank the economy long term and enter a Great Depression and wars because of something you think we can easily just ride out while functioning basically as normal?

Rubbish. The measures taken are strong evidence of that. And obviously what AFL Italia, @Ronn, myself, and others have stated is that you mitigate this with whatever measures necessary until we figure out how to deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 15,000 dead in Italy in just over a month, 100,000 positive cases, 69 dead doctors, an overwhelmed and shattered first world health care system that can’t keep up already, and Italy has been in lockdown for almost a month. Imagine if people were just freely spreading this, going about the day to day, without any mitigation. The country would break.

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I'm noy saying corona is not serious or that restrictions are not needed, you dont need to convince me otherwise.

I just cant get on board with current plan of restrictions for potentially 12-18 months, I think the world needs a faster solution, otherwise there'll be grave consequences. Theres no use in waiting a couple months and then realizing we need a new plan.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm noy saying corona is not serious or that restrictions are not needed, you dont need to convince me otherwise.

I just cant get on board with current plan of restrictions for potentially 12-18 months, I think the world needs a faster solution, otherwise there'll be grave consequences. Theres no use in waiting a couple months and then realizing we need a new plan.
:tup:

That’s fair enough. As I said before, the west fucked up badly by not preparing for this. We had two months, and we did nothing. We didn’t even have enough tests to start mass testing ffs. So we were behind from the very beginning. And the strict lockdowns are the consequence of that. We are going to suffer a little because of the morons in power, the Trump admin, etc. Because the Chinese lied about the seriousness of this too.

A 12-18 month lockdown isn’t sustainable, of course. But 12-18 months in a situation like S Korea or Taiwan with businesses open, schools open, etc, the economy moving even if at a slower pace, can be weathered far better than catastrophic death tolls and health care system collapse.

So this 1-2 month period allows our governments to get their shit together, get the health care system supplied and humming, to organize more efficient and effective mass testing and isolation protocols to reduce spread and Future outbreaks, and look at better treatments. Hopefully we use this period very well, or the next year will be tragic, whatever we do.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thelocal.it/20200403/whats-the-problem-with-italys-official-coronavirus-statistics

Scary. The mortality in March 2020 is so much higher than the mortality rate in March 2019 added to official covid-19 deaths :scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Viruses die during the summer so it will get easier in each country then. Those in India and Australia were all imported cases (I think). I think we'll have a period of 1.5-2 more months to get to zero cases.

But I still fail to see how it goes back to normal, even when we flatten the curve and reach zero new cases. You may as well start living normally, sure. But what about the borders? We'll have summer in June but other countries will have cold weather. Do you just require quarantine if people from those countries come you yours? I'm even counting that all EU countries have zero cases and it's "cured". Still, that leaves plenty of countries who will still have the virus, how do you stop it in your borders? This shit all began because one person got infected in China, one person got infected here. How is it possible to eliminate even one person who has the virus, since that person can spread it to 10 more, and those to 100 more people? People would still have 10 days to spread it all around the town/country without having symptomes, so chances are quite high that after settling down we'll have another dust rising and having it start all over again. It just looks impossible to stop it unless borders stay closed until vaccine is found. I see that China has 19 new cases as of today.

Also, what about Sweden? Not many people commented their policy over this. They left majority of businesses open like nothing is happening. Then, last night, you have their PM say this.

In Sweden, the strategy is to delay the increase in cases of infection so as not to overload health services, said Lofven. “But that also means that we will have more seriously ill people who need intensive care, we will have significantly more deaths. We will have to count on thousands of deaths. ”

Is that a normal approach? @Seven

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I was of course joking, but why do you think this? Why would it be any different from 4G or 3G?
The 5G frequency is high, much higher than we should be exposed to because 4G has been shown scientifically in mice to reduce male fertility. That's a strong response. UV light causes cancer but that manifests over a long time, old white people who sunbathe a lot are high risk to basal cell carcinoma, its not deadly but a cancer nevertheless. Imagine all day everyday being exposed to high frequency radiation, it's bound to damage your cells. Those studies will come out but after the rollout of 5G, just like the 4G studies did.

Is 3M an American company? Then the US has the right to do that imo
3M have factories in different countries, I'm curious as to how the US will maintain peaceful negotiations that's all.

You're an idiot.

There's no other way of putting it.

Scientist after scientist after scientist has come out and said there is no 'moving past' this. It's like moving past the flu. It's not going to happen. Either we change the way we deal with that fact or our society dies. You still live in this dream world where corona doesn't exist in two months time. Wake the fuck up.
First of all with all due respect to your girlfriend, my brother was with J&J and I've collaborated with them before. They want to make money, they want products that follow scientific studies for credibility then they do testing to make sure they don't kill people. Once they get those certificates, sell sell sell. It's short term science when the long term implications are ignored, they pay people like me to make sure there is a positive effect of the product and no side effects. I'm an academic scientist, I've tested for them and those who I've dealt with and not in it to help people. Read up on the talcum powder legal cases they've had.

Scientists and virologists know COVID well know in only a few months, you downplay how their role because without the vaccines and medications you probably wouldn't exist. For medical researchers it's our duty to help everyone, same goes for doctors. I work with surgeons who do 5 hour surgeries on very old people, to give that person even a few more months alive is worth it. I've never heard a doctor complain about that, ever.

It seems like you've been dehumanised, the lives of older people are not important to you. You're an intelligent person but not feeling empathy for older people while you believe it's to save the next generation, it's worrying. You can't quantity people like that, you assume the younger people will contribute more but you can't prove that. My professor just retired at 80. He's a pioneer in cancer stem cell research, today he's still the smartest academic I've ever known. I'd save him before any vegan hippy crack inhaling snowflake.

My research centre is next to a hospital, there's a few secluded areas where you see doctors that will go and just cry and scream because of maybe a patient that died or whatever. It's what makes us human, its sad but also great to see.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Can you link to some? I don't see how listening to this could cause cancer, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

As of yesterday the released figure is 17% of the NYPD, but I could see it being more as you say. This shows exactly why things need to be shut down though. Now more than ever it's the most important to stay inside, because God help you if you get it and need medical intervention when we hit our peak.

My friend possibly has it as well, lost senses of smell and taste three days ago. I'm hoping that's as bad as it gets for her, for her sake as well as her mother's, a breast cancer survivor.
That's 20 000 hz. 5g is 28 Ghz and it can be absorbed by the skin.

You'll see articles denying the health risk because of the tech lobby

Read this
https://www.rcinet.ca/en/2020/02/04...e-internet-of-things-is-human-health-at-risk/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)