Coppa Italia to Milan (1 Viewer)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Milan claimed their second trophy in four days after drawing 2-2 with AS Roma at the San Siro to win the Coppa Italia.

Trailing 4-1 from the first-leg, the visitors took a shock 2-0 lead courtesy of two breathtaking free-kicks from Francesco Totti. However, Rivaldo got Milan back into the game, and Filippo Inzaghi ensured that they avoided defeat on the night with an injury time strike.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Somebody saw the match?
    It was a nice match with 4 nice goals, also if Mian won 1-4 in Roma it was really fighted cause Roma wanted to end the season in a decent way and cause Milan wanted to make happy the 80000 :eek: fans who went to the stadium; infact both Cassano and Totti got red card... You cannot imagine Cassano reaction, he started sceaming, kiking the commercial banners and he even made "the horn gesture" and other staff like this to the referee :D

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    He scored 2 of them :eek: and both :strong: but he also had a red card :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    is the coppa italia even a prestigious title? Scudetto is way better right? why is it that top flight teams like juve and ac have won it soo seldomly? it seems like its a mediacore underdog tournament.

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    Yes, I watched the match and it was very entertaining. Cassano was an idiot, he didn't get a freekick and told the ref (you could lip read what he said!) what he thought, then he went beserk!

Didn't see Inzaghi's goal as I had turned off, I didn't really want to watch Milan celebrate another cup victory.

OP
    mate

mate

Aug 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    is the coppa italia even a prestigious title? Scudetto is way better right? why is it that top flight teams like juve and ac have won it soo seldomly? it seems like its a mediacore underdog tournament.
    Yes, it's like I guess is in every contry... Coppa Italia isn't important like scudetto.
    Or well, till few years ago it had more consideration, but now some teams looks really like they don't care about this trophy.

Cassano :D:D:D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Febrina ] ++
    Awesome freekick! Even Galliani and friends gave him applouse.
    Both freekicks were awesome .. it seems that Totti has been doing some serious training lately :D

++ [ originally posted by Holden] ++
    Didn't see Inzaghi's goal as I had turned off, I didn't really want to watch Milan celebrate another cup victory.
    Inzaghi's goal was brilliant, Rivaldo fed him with a splendid through-ball between 3 Roma defenders .. he latched into it with a one-touch shot that passed Pelizzoli into the bottom left-hand corner of the goal :cool: ..

++ [ originally posted by mate] ++
    but he also had a red card
    After Totti was red-carded, a furious Candela - who has just been substituted out to the bench - wanted to come back inside the pitch to have a go with the ref but Capello stopped him from doing so :eek: ..

++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia] ++
    Juve and Milan have won it many times because they usually hang on to the tournament at its final stages if the other objectives - like European competition or Scudetto - become out of reach .. sort of consolation if you know what I mean ;)

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
    The cup in italy is not as prestigious as in other countries. They don't really care about it. That's why the play with the reserves in a lot of matches.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    i am happy for milan or better to say ancelotti.he proved what he is.and this is a good answer to those assholes who wanted him to leave juventus and talked shit about him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)