Coppa Italia: Napoli vs Juventus [08-27-2006] (4 Viewers)

Juve-Skopje

Aug 13, 2006
Napoli - Juventus 8-7 (3-3)
Ai rigori vince il Napoli
Balzaretti fuori
Amodio gol
Chiellini gol
Montervino gol
Del Piero gol
Cannavaro traversa
Marchionni parato
Dalla Bona parato
Birindelli gol
Domizzi gol
Guzman gol
Bucchi gol
Buffon alto
Trotta gol
Sequenza rigori. Il primo a battere è il Napoli

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Natalia said:
stop blaming the players or the coach for the penalty miss....DD proabably picked the players that were the most confident...and i think he made the right decision to do that. if some players are not confident then its stupid to make them take the penalty...
All players should be ready for PK. Infact its one of the things players practise or should be aware of. If they havent taken it for a while i,e few months that doesnt necessarily make them believe they cant do it. I mean seriously they are professionals confidence isnt much of an excuse. They are taught to hit penalties on target (to the least). Penalties is like a lottery but by reality starting buffon as the First was insane. Everyone knows that teh first pk is teh most important one and to say buffon was the right person is insane. Unless if buffons second name was ceni of santos its okay otherwise goalkeepers just dont practise taking penalties as much. I mean this may sound premature but our last meeting with them was with penalties so to think we wont face them in the same otherwise is just insane. Anyway I think we have had a reality check today and hopefully we should bounce back.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
considering that we were missing 3 of our centerbacks today (legro, boum boum boum and tudor) do you think we need any more CB's? just wondering what your opinions are

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
jcp4782 said:
To get my point of view straight across here, I am only blaming one player Camo. I am certainly not blaming any players for the missed PK's, that would be stupid. Again, not bashing Gigi. Bashing DD for letting a GK take a shot. I agree confidence is as important as anything else when taking PK's, but a GK should not take shots. Sure a GK might have a strong kick, but they can't curl or chip like a striker or midfielder or some defenders can. GK's should take shots only when everyone else is hurt. DD could have done nothing better with our defense, but that doesn't mean we can't say that it stinks. I hope we do get some good players, especially on defense and we get rid of Camo and Trez so we can buy them.
i agree with you and i know they stink

jcp4782

Aug 19, 2006
Mike Da Don said:
considering that we were missing 3 of our centerbacks today (legro, boum boum boum and tudor) do you think we need any more CB's? just wondering what your opinions are
I don't think so, once Tudor is back and Boum starts playing and both are fit we should be fine with cb's.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Mike Da Don said:
Yes please. I aint a believer that boum boum will do well. Leg-ro I rest my case, whilst tudor is great but his injury prone. Get faty, Burdisso, or Givet heck get any of the names we are linked with, but we definetly need atleast one if not two.

Natalia

Jan 18, 2006
PhRoZeN said:
All players should be ready for PK. Infact its one of the things players practise or should be aware of. If they havent taken it for a while i,e few months that doesnt necessarily make them believe they cant do it. I mean seriously they are professionals confidence isnt much of an excuse. They are taught to hit penalties on target (to the least). Penalties is like a lottery but by reality starting buffon as the First was insane. Everyone knows that teh first pk is teh most important one and to say buffon was the right person is insane. Unless if buffons second name was ceni of santos its okay otherwise goalkeepers just dont practise taking penalties as much. I mean this may sound premature but our last meeting with them was with penalties so to think we wont face them in the same otherwise is just insane. Anyway I think we have had a reality check today and hopefully we should bounce back.
yes i agree with you that all players shouldbe ready to take penalty kicks but that's not always the case is it....remember trez when he missed the penalty agaisnt milan in the CL final...you could tell he didnt believe he could score....same goes to zalayeta and montero....so sometimes you just have to pick the ones that seems most relax and confident....and i agree with you also on buffon as the first penalty kicker (consider it lesson learned)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
so opinion is divided.... i personally think that with tudor and kovac we have a really good defence also (and i may get slaughtered for saying this) i think that zebina can do a job for us in b at right back with chiellini on the left, i think italian football will suit boumsong and i hope that against lesser players legro may develop more confidence, i see no future at centreback for birindelli and i believe he and balza will be adaquate back up for the full back roles, although i must admit i would jump at the chance to sign any of the defenders weve been linked with, especially felipe. What do you guys think of zebina?

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Natalia said:
yes i agree with you that all players shouldbe ready to take penalty kicks but that's not always the case is it....remember trez when he missed the penalty agaisnt milan in the CL final...you could tell he didnt believe he could score....same goes to zalayeta and montero....so sometimes you just have to pick the ones that seems most relax and confident....and i agree with you also on buffon as the first penalty kicker (consider it lesson learned)
That CL final was a joke, infact we played the worst football ive ever seen.. hmm or atleast one of the worst. None of the players were determined from the start it was like a zombie match, I wont suprised almost everyone missing it (not forgetting we had an inform dida as our opposition). Infact some would say we played for penalties, but because of that we just totally lost the plot of penalties itself.

But there were certainly players here who were fairly confident against napoli. Yes it wasnt a final but if anything scoring three goals in a match is enough confidence for your forwards or midfielders to contribute in taking the pk's at teh start.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Look on the bright side on those sharping their knives for DD.

At leaast our last two matches have been more exciting than entire 2 seasons with Capello. Heck DD is ready to put some spice by putting Buffon to take a penalty.

Give DD sometime - I am sure he will find the appropriate balance within the side. Lets not forget many of our star players are just coming back from longbreaks and did not train with the rest of team & we didnt have much preparation friendlies building upto the season.
And to make things worse, half of the squad has left, which means DD will quickly have to find ways such that players can get used to playing each other. We should remember this is real life and not FM where you can substitute player of similar ability and get the same result.

I have faith in the team that we will make Serie A.

jcp4782

Aug 19, 2006
Mike Da Don said:
so opinion is divided.... i personally think that with tudor and kovac we have a really good defence also (and i may get slaughtered for saying this) i think that zebina can do a job for us in b at right back with chiellini on the left, i think italian football will suit boumsong and i hope that against lesser players legro may develop more confidence, i see no future at centreback for birindelli and i believe he and balza will be adaquate back up for the full back roles, although i must admit i would jump at the chance to sign any of the defenders weve been linked with, especially felipe. What do you guys think of zebina?
I think Zebina is fine for Serie B, but we should look into replacing him before the end of year. I would not want to chance him in Serie A.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
jcp4782 said:
I think Zebina is fine for Serie B, but we should look into replacing him before the end of year. I would want to chance him in Serie A.
yeah i agree, we would definately have to improve the back line if we were in serie a, maybe givet could do that, but i dont understand why so many people seem to hate zebina, i must applaud him for staying with us as he was never one that i would consider loyal

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Zebina will be great against teams like spezia or teams who just have poor fowards/wingers. But if faced against Napoli, Genoa, Verona e.t.c his gonna cause us more damage. As time is short if we cant offload him then let him sit on the bench as a backup but due to his fitness levels and the ability to see what he will be really like in serie B I wont risk him. Try him out in the friendlies and lets see.

Guzzler

Apr 14, 2006
i cant believe this. I am shocked, hurt, how could this happen to juve. Christ if this is how things are going to be we are so screwed in seria B.

F**k

f**k

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
positive excuses: We lost against a tough side (on pens) who played at home and they are one of the favourites to promote. We didnt start with out first team.

Negative laments: This side just recently promoted from serie C.. so by theory if we struggle against a side like this. How are we gonna cope with the other serie B sides.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Guzzler said:
i cant believe this. I am shocked, hurt, how could this happen to juve. Christ if this is how things are going to be we are so screwed in seria B.

F**k

f**k
dont get too depressed too early, it absolutely kills me to see juve lose, today felt like the cl final all over again. weve got to accept that this is the hardest time in our great clubs history and that the next 2 years for us supporters will feel like we are going through hell but we cant let this result get us down. Napoli are one of the best serie b teams and although we should be beating them we just need time for the squad to get used to each other, but everyone needs to believe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)