[Coppa Italia] Napoli 3-2 JUVENTUS [5th April, 2017] (4 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ultimately the players were right again, we still had two goals in hand. But I don't like it because against quality opponents you can concede at any time. Nerves can kick in, red cards, all sorts can happen. Is it too much to ask to stay switched on?

Maybe it is. After all, when did we last risk dropping a 3+ goal lead? It's not happened to this team ever, I'm pretty sure of it.

I'm not worried about Barcelona in that sense. Only idiots could think that you can stand around and watch Barcelona, they have special forwards who can score even when you're defending well. If anything the PSG game should ensure players don't do that, at least for a few seasons. If they do then they deserve to be ridiculed.

Anyway, let's not talk as if we'll have a big lead. I'll be surprised if we keep a clean sheet at home.
Coppa Italia semi last season :D

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Ultimately the players were right again, we still had two goals in hand. But I don't like it because against quality opponents you can concede at any time. Nerves can kick in, red cards, all sorts can happen. Is it too much to ask to stay switched on?

Maybe it is. After all, when did we last risk dropping a 3+ goal lead? It's not happened to this team ever, I'm pretty sure of it.

I'm not worried about Barcelona in that sense. Only idiots could think that you can stand around and watch Barcelona, they have special forwards who can score even when you're defending well. If anything the PSG game should ensure players don't do that, at least for a few seasons. If they do then they deserve to be ridiculed.

Anyway, let's not talk as if we'll have a big lead. I'll be surprised if we keep a clean sheet at home.
I didn't even mean defending a lead but rather remaining in the tie till the very end and possibly going through.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Neto should jump a la Jordan style after we survive this and immediately call his agent to find him a new club.

- - - Updated - - -

PIssed off at our CBs lately. Our experienced Italian defenders and Benatia have been playing with a supremely lackadaisical and arrogant attitude. Making countless mistakes with positioning, passing, marking. They need to get their heads out of their asses and start concentrating.

They aren't helping our build-up play either with all the stupid giveaways and bad clearances where they hoof the ball back to the other team while under little pressure. It's not just making us poor at the back, it's also neutering our ability to build into attack.

Sick of it. Start Rugani-Barza if the other 3 can't sort their shit out.
This.Just to add.Napoli always plays with the same trick.I nsigne to Calejon and if you don't mark him it's a goal.Very simple and very easy to solve.But,apart from that Neto disaster we again made that non marking mistakes all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, I thought cuadrado was injured?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Me too but evidently he is all right.

- - - Updated - - -

A few brainfarts, defending too deep, inability to maintain possession. These are some of the glaring concerns ahead of the Barca tie. We need to stay focused at all times and not gift the opposition possession.

Dani Alves needs to keep it simple, and stop trying to do fancy shit when it's totally unnecessary. A horror show from Neto. Sturaro is a headless chicken; lots of running, but no end product. Benatia used to be good, but commits at least one massive error per game these days. Our best defender is Rugani and should start the Barca tie.

We conceded three goals, and that's a cause for concern. We switched off and allowed Napoli back into the game, gifting them a couple of goals in the space of 6 minutes!

It's great we are in the final, but unless our performances improve drastically, we are in for a rude awakening against Barca.

Oh, and Ghoulam is a fucking shitcunt, and a dirty sand nigger.
This.Just to add.Benatia was a error prone even at Roma.Tevez makes a fool out of him a couple of times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)