[Coppa Italia] Milan 1-2 JUVENTUS (8-Feb-2012) SF (15 Viewers)

MoM

• Storari

• Barzagli

• Caceres

• Chiellini

• Pirlo

• Giaccherini

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 26, 2012
I admitted that for a period, only in this season, Milan=Ibra was true, but we are moving past that.

And please don't say things like Milan has no gameplay, it's fanboy stuff.

And also bear that in mind that Aquilani himself is nothing special, but just because we have no other creative midfielder in our squad, he has become more valuable.

Seedorf can pass, but only in practice, because you need to run in games, which Mr.Seedorf is not a big fan of.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I admitted that for a period, only in this season, Milan=Ibra was true, but we are moving past that.

And please don't say things like Milan has no gameplay, it's fanboy stuff.

And also bear that in mind that Aquilani himself is nothing special, but just because we have no other creative midfielder in our squad, he has become more valuable.

Seedorf can pass, but only in practice, because you need to run in games, which Mr.Seedorf is not a big fan of.
that is not fanboy stuff that is the truth
fanboy stuff is saying that milan has gameplay wich they don't

i remember the juve of capello , they played ugly football , but still won thanks to the ability of the players in that squad 11 champions , but they still played ugly football
milan plays ugly football and right now they rely on the ability of individuals but the real champions at milan are ibra and silva differently of that juve , that had 11 champions
if i were galliani i would actually try another coach , maybe guidolin would fit the spot

Jan 26, 2012
Well the ugliness of something is subjective.

I really don't know your idea of gameplan. yes Milan isn't playing with pace and power like English teams or a like Barca with lots of short passes, but Milan certianly has a plan for the game play, the problem lies in its execution.

And just because our team has individualists like Ibra or Binho it doesn't mean that it's ugly football, there are different ways to play and win but you seem to think there's only a certain way of doing it.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Well the ugliness of something is subjective.

I really don't know your idea of gameplan. yes Milan isn't playing with pace and power like English teams or a like Barca with lots of short passes, but Milan certianly has a plan for the game play, the problem lies in its execution.

And just because our team has individualists like Ibra or Binho it doesn't mean that it's ugly football, there are different ways to play and win but you seem to think there's only a certain way of doing it.
nope there are different type of plays and i don't know only one way of doing it
ugly football is played by a team with no game plan

milan doesn't have a game plan
in fact the gameplan could be there , maybe allegri works in training , but in the games milan shows no signs of gameplay

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
milan doesn't have a game plan
in fact the gameplan could be there , maybe allegri works in training , but in the games milan shows no signs of gameplay
These are the sort of goals I believe Milan plan to score:

Milan's plan is to pin a team back and then play a ball for a player - running from deep - in behind the defence, who puts it across the goal for another runner or shoots himself.

That's not an unreasonable gameplan for Milan given the players they have.

However, it has problems:

1. It's not that hard for a good, compact defence and midfield to prevent;

2. Milan are awful at moving the ball forward to a position to play the incisive pass, so they don't engineer the situation they want very often; and

3. The need for runners means that Milan often get themselves into a situation where the have committed an awful lot of peopl ahead of the ball, so if anything goes wrong they are left very exposed to a counter attack.

I agree with you that Milan play very ugly football most of the time.

Jan 26, 2012
Well it's different when you have like 14 players injured. Allegri has had a really difficult job and it's difficult to do well when you have to change thing every two weeks. Barca and man City have also struggled during their injury crisis.

We do have a game plan, but when you have 3 35+ guys in mid it doesn't really help the beauty of it.

^^^ I agree with what you're saying, but inconsistencies have been more than Milan could handle, so many times these plans are not done the way they should, and of course there have been ridiculous personal mistakes.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well it's different when you have like 14 players injured. Allegri has had a really difficult job and it's difficult to do well when you have to change thing every two weeks. Barca and man City have also struggled during their injury crisis.

We do have a game plan, but when you have 3 35+ guys in mid it doesn't really help the beauty of it.
So find a gameplan that suits the players available.

Milan were much better last season.

They were sensible and compact and relied on their forwards to get goals, while keeping men behind the ball and being really secure defensively.

Milan's more open game this season makes them look really vulnerable and good teams are taking advantage of that time and again.

Jan 26, 2012
So find a gameplan that suits the players available.

Milan were much better last season.

They were sensible and compact and relied on their forwards to get goals, while keeping men behind the ball and being really secure defensively.

Milan's more open game this season makes them look really vulnerable and good teams are taking advantage of that time and again.
You're right. Milan did try for a new way this season, and that's the reason for all this negative image of Milan. But that happens when Nocerino becomes an important part of a team's game plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)