[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS (January 29, 2013) (27 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Peluso

• Marrone

• Padoin

• Giaccherini

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lukson

Nov 5, 2012
Did anyone else notice the 3-4-3 Diamond?

GK - Storari

SW - Bonucci
RCB - Barzagli
LCB - Peluso

CDM -Marrone
RM - Isla
LM - Padoin
CAM - Vidal

RW - Giovinco
LW - Giaccherini
CF - Vucinic

Interesting point for me was Vidal playing in a "Bakero" role where he'd play higher up to win the ball and pass into the wings or make attacking dribbles. Of course, being his usual warrior self, he'd drop back when we lost the ball.

The problem was the guys on the wings were Seba and Giacch. Vucinic often drifts to the flanks to create space. (usu left), that is supposed to open up doors for a winger to take a shot at goal. Problem was Giacch would botch a shot + lose the ball. Same with Seba but to a more operatic degree.

Once Marchisio and Pirlo got on, the 3-4-3 worked better, because 1) Pirlo took over dictating tempo from Vidal. 2) Marchisio provided more energy on the left wing albeit not to his usual self. (He's not 100% fit)

Quags was an interesting element, because his presence meant Vucinic could shift to a more winging role. On the flank/middle ground between wing and center, Mirko looked more comfortable in spraying passes and making attacking runs.

I remember Conte switched from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 last season midway, wonder if he could alternate between our usual 3-5-2 and a 3-4-3 diamond.

The only issue with 3-4-3 is that we could (obviously) get caught on the counter attack easier than usual.

But, I feel Vidal and Barzagli deserve much praise esp Barza. They both continue to perform well despite the injuries and such (e.g. crap backups).

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
We fucked up with our tacticks .3-5-2,3-5-2 forever and ever.Even if we had Falcao we would lose .How can anybody score a goal without delivering a balls from a flanks ,Giovinco is a star eh ????? How ?Isla i retarded,Giovinco is a Catania needed player not a Juve one.Oh,and a "master" Conte will keeep well on Sunday,without Bonucci,Vucinic,Chiello, etc.Stupid,Stupid,Stupid,.........,ok beter then Secco era but this is a disaster. We play the most boring game more -less ever.Disaster.Fuck Conte and his "commitment" for wining.Now what? Who is to blame?? Honestly to say,we will win nothing I am so sooooooooooooooooooory and I feeel piity that it hursts.A pure disaster.Comitement i not a quality,............

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Fuck Conte and fuck his fuc,.ked ideas.we did not create a single chance all game and we conceeded a goal from only two chances.Fuck Conte again and his "clever" and never chainging tactics of 3-5-2 .If we have Falcao we do not put a goal without a supply from our midfield or flanks.DISASTER,DISASTER,DISATER.FUCK CONTE.This is ridicolous.!!!!!!!! .The guy is so,so stuborn fuccccckkkkk. I cant bear this
We fucked up with our tacticks .3-5-2,3-5-2 forever and ever.Even if we had Falcao we would lose .How can anybody score a goal without delivering a balls from a flanks ,Giovinco is a star eh ????? How ?Isla i retarded,Giovinco is a Catania needed player not a Juve one.Oh,and a "master" Conte will keeep well on Sunday,without Bonucci,Vucinic,Chiello, etc.Stupid,Stupid,Stupid,.........,ok beter then Secco era but this is a disaster. We play the most boring game more -less ever.Disaster.Fuck Conte and his "commitment" for wining.Now what? Who is to blame?? Honestly to say,we will win nothing I am so sooooooooooooooooooory and I feeel piity that it hursts.A pure disaster.Comitement i not a quality,............
Go play with the traffic you moronic pussy fart

cragcrag

Dec 20, 2012
Wasn't a penalty. Wasn't in control of the ball after the touch, ball was already out of play. Firm believer of the idea the player should be retaining possession of the ball if they aren't clattered into for it to be a foul. None of this hitting the ball miles away in a random direction and ensuring contact to get a foul horse shit.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Yup. Why we feel the need to have someone stand 10 yards away from the corner taker is beyond me. Put a man on both posts, basic defending.
because it is frickin way easier for the opponent to score, if they can play the ball low into the foot of an attacker compared to the chance of us losing a header, but with de ceglie-style of defending even this is likely enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)