[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS (January 29, 2013) (12 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Peluso

• Marrone

• Padoin

• Giaccherini

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

cragcrag

Dec 20, 2012
Can I just say - had we played the most basic corner defence in the sport - that is, have a fucking man on the back fucking post - we'd be playing extra time right now.

Why don't we? I never understand it. Simply have a man on the post. The amount of times you see a weak shot of scuffed header cleared off the post when there's a player there is innumerable.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Storari 5

Barzagli 6
Bonucci 6
Peluso 1

Isla 4.5
Vidal 6.5
Marrone 4.5
Padoin 4
Giaccherini 4.5

Vucinic 5.75
Giovinco -347892304823089402345723742835782358782357823

Pirlo 5
Marchisio 3 (bcs. miss)
Quagliarella 5

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Can I just say - had we played the most basic corner defence in the sport - that is, have a fucking man on the back fucking post - we'd be playing extra time right now.

Why don't we? I never understand it. Simply have a man on the post. The amount of times you see a weak shot of scuffed header cleared off the post when there's a player there is innumerable.
Yup. Why we feel the need to have someone stand 10 yards away from the corner taker is beyond me. Put a man on both posts, basic defending.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well marotta, prepare the wallet because is falcao, cavani or nothing.

Llorente is not enuff to carry us. We need like 3 80 mil forwards to compensate for this disgrace in our attacking line.

All of them should gtfo. ALL

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

its quite clear we never practise corners, not offensivly or defencivly

cragcrag

Dec 20, 2012
Yup. Why we feel the need to have someone stand 10 yards away from the corner taker is beyond me. Put a man on both posts, basic defending.
Yeah actually, doubly so this. Was it Giovinco who deflected the corner? What good did that do? Do we honestly expect a short player to do an effective block from there? No. So put him on the post, infinitely more useful there.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Blame must be pointed at Conte by now. He's gone from tactically flexible to an almost Del Neri like stubbornness - only forced by circumstance into exploring options when it has been clear for a long time that one setup does not successive seasons make.

I know people will point a finger at e.g. Peluso because that's convenient. The truth of the matter is that there was no penetration through the middle whatsoever until Marchisio came on. And then you Giaccherini messing up everything on the left. Poor Marrone was left trying to make something out of nothing and it all ended being "punch the ball straight at Giovinco with a big centre back on his arse."

No with, no penetration and - worst of all - that seemed to be the game plan.

If Conte wants to prove himself as more than a fluke he has to get off the easy train and start shaking things up.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I also kept thinking watching the match and all of our recent matches.....Juve always seems to have like 10-15 corners in a match but we NEVER look like scoring from any of them. I think we also miss Chiellini's presence in the box at corners. The thing is Vucinic is not the type of striker that scores from corners - actually the most likely scorer from corners is Bonucci....but he never gets his free headers on target (thats not directly related to this match). But Lazio has 1 corner = 1 goal.

I fear that defensively, we look more vulnerable right now. In January we have committed errors in defence we have not usually committed. I actually think in a way, that has cost us more points than the lack of finishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)