[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS (January 29, 2013) (23 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Peluso

• Marrone

• Padoin

• Giaccherini

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Man i really wanted to go Out and have some fun tonight, but fuck it i'm rather watching this Game..... I know it will be frustrating though

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
For me, it all comes down to Lazio's decisions. If they come out in an aggressive manner, high up the pitch, pressing us, fighting back - I think we will really really struggle.

If they park the bus with that 5 man back line they are playing right into our hands. I still can't believe the amount of respect we receive from our opponents. We are reeling, hurt and lack any real counter attacking quality.

If Lazio wants to play a slow, tactical match then fine. I don't think Mirko really wants to run around. I don't think Vidal really has much gas left in the tank right now and I don't think our defence feels like dealing with constant pressure right now.

I could see us scraping one and bunkering down for dear life.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
For me, it all comes down to Lazio's decisions. If they come out in an aggressive manner, high up the pitch, pressing us, fighting back - I think we will really really struggle.

If they park the bus with that 5 man back line they are playing right into our hands. I still can't believe the amount of respect we receive from our opponents. We are reeling, hurt and lack any real counter attacking quality.

If Lazio wants to play a slow, tactical match then fine. I don't think Mirko really wants to run around. I don't think Vidal really has much gas left in the tank right now and I don't think our defence feels like dealing with constant pressure right now.

I could see us scraping one and bunkering down for dear life.
It's the amount of athleticism Juve possess that makes teams reluctanct to take them on in an open game.

I understand it to some extent, but I agree that Juve are vulnerable just now, particularly when they are not going to playing anything like their strongest midfield.

Lazio's midfield is very strong, so they should be backing Ledesma, Hernanes and Gonzalez to be able to control the game and allow Lazio to play higher up the pitch, without taking risks that would allow Juve to counter-attack.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #240
    Official

Storari, Barzagli, Bonucci, Peluso, Isla, Vidal, Marrone, Padoin, Giaccherini, Vucinic, Giovinco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)