[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS (January 29, 2013) (4 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Peluso

• Marrone

• Padoin

• Giaccherini

• Vidal

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Probable Formation

Klose :scared:
That's a really defensive formation from Lazio. With Radu on the left, that really has to be viewed as a back five.

Still, Lazio playing anything other than 4-5-1 is good news for Juve. All the good Lazio performances I've seen this season have come playing 4-5-1, as it is the system that makes the most of their strong midfield.

When they play three/five at the back, it's shifts the defensive burden from the midfield to the defence - and their defence just isn't that good when put under pressure.

Midfield runners and set-pieces are the way to break them down.

On that basis, I'd look to start Pogba in midfield for him arial ability. I'd also play Giaccherini and Vidal with him in midfield, as they are the players who currently look most likely to make an incisive run to break through a deep, packed defence.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
Unless Lazio bottle it, the best Juve can probably do with most of the line-ups posted is to draw 1-1 again and head to ET and penalties.
Juventus dominated Lazio with a second tier lineup and Marchisio as FW (LOL).

Why shouldn't Juve be able to beat Lazio tonight?

Nov 17, 2012
official no, this what SKY reports:

---------Storari------------
-----Barzagli-Bonucci-Peluso---------
Isla-Vidal-Marrone-Marchisio*-De Ceglie
-----Giovinco-Vucinic--------

Don't remember if they had Marchisio or Giaccherini.

If that is going to be our formation, then I can imagine Lazio forming up like this..

---------------------------Klose--------------
------------------Hernanes-------Mauri-------
------------Ledesma----Gonzalez----Konko----
----Radu-----Ciani------Dias------Bavia-------

R@P3 LEFT FLANK! :haddadjunior:

4-3-3 plz...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juventus dominated Lazio with a second tier lineup and Marchisio as FW (LOL).

Why shouldn't Juve be able to beat Lazio tonight?
Lazio are very strong at home and will also have gained belief from the two games in Turin that they can withstand what Juve have to throw at them.

There is also the issue that a number of the teams posted suggest Juve will be without Pirlo and Pogba. That's a big problem for Juve and some I think they'd find it very hard to overcome, particularly in a game where they may well be tasked with trying to break down a deep, packed defence.

Then there is also the issue that Juve seem to be planning to play Giovinco - who I don't think will be suited to this game as there probably won't be much space. Matri caused Lazio problems in Turin, so I'd be playing him. Playing Matri also increases the chances of getting goals from crosses, which could be crucial if Lazio pack the middle of the pitch as you'd expect them to.

Juve are also extremely reliant on Vucinic. There probably isn't another team in Italy as good as Lazio at stopping the spaces Vucinic likes to play in from opening up. It took Juve a long time to open up those spaces in the first game, and that still only really happened due to the odd substitution of Ledesma and Juve taking the lead. So long as Lazio don't need to score, expect it to be really hard for Juve to find space.

Think could, of course, be different if Juve suddenly become clinical, but there's no sign of that happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)