[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS 3/03/09 (4 Viewers)

Dec 10, 2006
There's no need to rest Giorgio, Marchionni and Momo...
They're NOT Pavel, though even Pavel plays well despite he's 37! These shouldn't rest. They can play two matches a week in form. Can't them?
And in fact we really need Giorgio against Lazzio's fuckin' forwards!

My Line up:
Manninger
Mellberg-Ariaudo-Giorgio-Super Moli :)D)
Hassan- Momo-Marchisio-Seba
Trez-Amauri

I'm not sure 'bout Trez-Amauri but since Amauri is annoyin' Lazzio's defenders, Trez could benefit from his creativity and be perfect in aerial balls which are sent by seba or Marchionni!
We'll win! Hopefully!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
2 March 2009

19 bianconeri called-up for match in Rome

Saving energy. With all the upcoming matches this is inevitable. There was only a day and a half to prepare the match against Napoli after the return from London and just a bit more for that against Lazio in the Coppa Italia during which to charge-up the batteries and have all the team available.

Juventus will be kicking off the Coppa Italia semi-finals. On Tuesday night the bianconeri will play the first leg at the Roma Olimpico against Lazio. The match will be live on Rai 1 at 20:45hrs (with a recording on Juventus Channel at midnight). On Wednesday it will then be the turn of Sampdoria-Inter. As opposed to all the other rounds played up to now the matches will be on home and away basis with the possibility of extra time and penalties in case of equal scores at the end of the 180 minutes. The return matches will be played at the end of April.

Buffon, del Piero and Legrottaglie will not be part of the squad. The goalkeeper and the captain will be allowed to rest with Manninger defending the post from the first minute. The defender will be forced to miss the match due to a knee injury suffered during the Saturday match.

Chimenti is once again available as are two Primavera players fresh from the Viareggio Cup: goalkeeper Pinsoglio and central defender Ariaudo.

Below is the list of the 19 players called up by Ranieri for the Tuesday match:

3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
7 Salihamidzic
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
11 Nedved
12 Chimenti
13 Manninger
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
22 Sissoko
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
32 Marchionni
41 Ariaudo
42 Pinsoglio

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #65
    I prefer to play teams when they are in form....
    This way they will push like mad..anyway, we have Zebina back most of players in form..

Forza Juve
    Not sure about Jonathan. Ranieri said he isn't fit yet. Probably on the bench we'll see him.

icεmαή;1916328 said:
    Whatever that guy lacks, he's got great fitness... He runs like a headless chicken in all the matches he plays and yet he's able to play in every match we play...
    His stamina is just incredible. He might have this tiring look on his face but he's never tired.

This is a 2 legged affair right?

Dont know if you guys checked it against Napoli (or if someone has said it already) but how cool is it that DP's captains armbanfd is written 10 on it but when he gets subbed, Buffon takes it over and flips it to 01
    Yeah.

Another reason why we're such a cool team, though I didn't notice it.

Nice team, Rab.

I would be tempted to play Marchisio against Torino, so I would maybe go with Tiago in this game.

Other than that, I am in agreement.

Giovinco could also be pushed further forward if Ranieri wanted to go to a 4-3-3 to match to with Lazio's formation.
    Yes, I would prefer the 4-3-3 with Seba being pushed further forward. Our defense is better than Lazio therefore we shouldn't worry playing Seba more upfront like you said.

I think Chiellini is a must, he should not be rested because he simply improves (gets back in form) the more he plays. He's also young and can play easily 180 minutes per week.
    He almost picked an injury vs Napoli. Think he'll start on the bench and play vs Torino before Chelsea's arrival.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Buffon

Mellberg-Chiellini-Legro-Molinaro

Marchionni-Marchisio-Poulsen-Giovinco

Amauri-Trezeguet​

I really wanna see how Trez and Amauri link up in a full game. I believe it can work. Trez needs the minutes and Amauri was rested the last game.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Really good formation, but we probably need just a few more muscles (Sissoko), because Lazio is one of the most physical teams out there!
    Amauri-Treze is the way to go and then sub in Iaq, Iaq always sucks when he starts
    and we need to score that away goal!

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Buffon

Mellberg-Chiellini-Legro-Molinaro

Marchionni-Marchisio-Poulsen-Giovinco

Amauri-Trezeguet​

I really wanna see how Trez and Amauri link up in a full game. I believe it can work. Trez needs the minutes and Amauri was rested the last game.
    Legro is injured and hasn't been called up.

Presumably either Grygera or Salihamidic at RB with Chiellini and Mellberg in the middle.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    so true if i was coach i would probably make stupid subs, not only that but i would go very defensive in matched were we would be playing well. and in the process destroy a future talent.

ye ranieri is a better coach.
    :shifty:

hahaha...post of the month !!! :)

My formation

Manninger

Grygera - Ariaudo - Mellberg - Molinaro

Salihamidzic - Marchisio - Poulsen - Giovinco

Iaquinta - Trezeguet (C)​

-Marchionni should be rested now that Mauro is sidelined for several weeks.

- Keep Sissoko and Tiago out for the Torino match and play again Marchisio-Poulsen.
    Why ?? I thought Marchisio and Poulsen played well enough against Napoli to deserve the start against Torino as well

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Chimenti is once again available as are two Primavera players fresh from the Viareggio Cup: goalkeeper Pinsoglio and central defender Ariaudo.
    :weee:

Sounds like a good starting CB choice to rest up our banged-up regulars, IMO.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I dont know what it'll take for me to develop an interest in the Coppa.I mean,yeah i'd be happy if we won,but if we lose,i dont think i'll remember it 5 minutes later.
    Admittedly, it will be a good way for me to kill time tomorrow until next weekend rolls around.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    This is a 2 legged affair right?

Dont know if you guys checked it against Napoli (or if someone has said it already) but how cool is it that DP's captains armbanfd is written 10 on it but when he gets subbed, Buffon takes it over and flips it to 01
    yeh i noticed that as well on saturday. thought it was really cool. was wondering if gig meant to do it like that though or if i just happened to work out that way

Admittedly, it will be a good way for me to kill time tomorrow until next weekend rolls around.
    tru dat!!! i'm in need of my fix of juve :claire:

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #76
    hahaha...post of the month !!! :)

Why ?? I thought Marchisio and Poulsen played well enough against Napoli to deserve the start against Torino as well
    They were more than good IMO. I wouldn't mind Ranieri starting them vs Torino. Point is whoever Ranieri wants to field against Torino and Chelsea should be rested tomorrow.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    My formation

Manninger

Grygera - Ariaudo - Mellberg - Molinaro

Salihamidzic - Marchisio - Poulsen - Giovinco

Iaquinta - Trezeguet (C)​

-Marchionni should be rested now that Mauro is sidelined for several weeks.

- Keep Sissoko and Tiago out for the Torino match and play again Marchisio-Poulsen.
    Nice formation, but I'd rest Marchisio and play Tiago. I'd want to play Marchisio-Sissoko Vs Chelsea.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    'Is this played over two legs?' is close to joining the other questions such as: 'Any streams?'; 'How many hours until the game?';'Why is the game being played on Thursday?'; and 'Is Sissoko suspended?'

Yes, Zaf, the semi-final is over two legs.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    'Is this played over two legs?' is close to joining the other questions such as: 'Any streams?'; 'How many hours until the game?';'Why is the game being played on Thursday?'; and 'Is Sissoko suspended?'

Yes, Zaf, the semi-final is over two legs.
    Thanx..

They have done some changes these two years on the Coppa. It used to be 2 legs for more than just the semi finals..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)