[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Fiorentina (10 Viewers)

Ilqar

Nov 12, 2005
If it will be end 0:0 or 1:1 we will reach ti the next round but I think we will 2:1 Juve' s goals will score Delpiero and Zalayeta and Fiorentina's goal will score Valery Bojinov as il the past year

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
I am, Viola has been my favourite team to face this season. IMO they play better football then Milan and Inter atm.

Im confident we will go through in the Coppa but im also sure its going to be a very even match with chances both ways.

OP
swag

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #73
    rokkstar said:
    Forza JUVE!!!

erm... isn't nobody excited for this game?!
    Are you kidding? I've set my DVR to record at least a couple hours past the scheduled end of the match while I'm at work. For one, in case there's ET and PKs. For another, in case tear gas creates a disruption for about an hour. :rolleyes:

But yes, I am looking forward to watching it. Even if this tournament is worthless (unless we win it :D ).

OP
    swag

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #74
    Btw, I'm feeling the DP love for this match. I am thinking he will start (and Cap seems to think so below ;) ), and he'll get his goal:

http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1368000&ID=6619

Coppa Italia - 09 Jan 2006 - 7:00 PM

Capello: "We want to get through to the next round"

"Buffon is back between the posts, then we'll have Balzaretti on the left and Del Piero and Zalayeta up front. One midfielder between Emerson and Vieira will be out, the other will play next to Blasi. Nedved has recovered and will be on the playground." Fabio Capello, for the first time, announces the line-up, leaving only few doubts: apart from the uncertainty of choosing Emerson or Vieira and between Camoranesi and Olivera, the team that is going to play against Fiorentina is virtually complete. "Those who will get on the pitch will play to win - continues the Bianconeri coach. We want to go through and even if the first-leg draw is a very good result for us, it won't be easy as Fiorentina are a very good side, with top quality players."

More room for Del Piero against the Viola too "He's working well and he’s in a top shape" Capello confirms, and for Gigi Buffon who’ll be back to his place between the posts: "He's fully recovered even if, of course, he needs to get back to playing. Like every sportsman coming back from an injury, he’s got great motivations and he’s looking forward to being a protagonist on the playground again.” The Bianconeri want to confirm the extraordinary moment they’re having in Serie A also in the Italian Cup: “We have to face every match with the same attitude we had against Palermo. It was important not to give up during the Christmas break and we came back with great determination. What have Juventus got more compared to last year’s? We’re aware of our own worth, the players know each other better and most of all we have a wider squad that allows us to make up for the absences and face all the engagements in the best of ways.”

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
    i hope that we will start like this:
    buffon
    chiellini-gladstone-thuram-balzaretti
    mutu-giannicheda-blasi-oliveira
    del piero-zalayeta
    dont really care about this competition

Theodore

Big,Brute,PowerfulStriker
    Dec 5, 2005
    Gianluigi Buffon will hope his second attempt at a comeback following a serious shoulder injury is more successful than his previous one as the Serie A leaders Juventus tackle ACF Fiorentina in the Coppa Italia tonight.

Impressive Abbiati
    "We did not want to take any risks with the injury and therefore decided to wait until I was fully ready to play," said the Italy No1, who has seen deputy Christian Abbiati impress immensely in conceding only ten goals in 18 Serie A outings. "However, I have played more than 300 games in Serie A and 60 for the national team so it's hard for me to get too excited about this fixture even though it's a very important one for me."

Toni warning
    Buffon's Italy team-mate Luca Toni, the leading scorer in Serie A despite failing to find the net for more than a month, will be approaching the game with a somewhat larger appetite for success as fourth-placed Fiorentina look to build on their fine first half of the season. "This game is more important than a derby to our fans and we will try everything in our power to put Juve in trouble," said the 16-goal striker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)