[Coppa Italia] Juventus - Atalanta (43 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
seriously tho,if u ever get the chance to watch a live FA cup game u would understand.....even pele was quoted to say it was the best domestic cup.

Aug 26, 2003
hmm. I didn't expect that we would make it to the next round, but i was expecting a win against Atalanta!

I think this shows that the whole team is no near the top form, or normal form where they should be! I think Capello has to do some work, and we should also bring in young new defenders, this old guards are not good enough anymore (not even for Coppa)!

anyway i am happy for Trez!

Forza Juve! now we can concentrate on CL and Serie A

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
seriously tho,if u ever get the chance to watch a live FA cup game u would understand.....even pele was quoted to say it was the best domestic cup.
If Italy would care as much about the Coppa Italia, I am sure it would be on par with the FA Cup. :)

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

If Italy would care as much about the Coppa Italia, I am sure it would be on par with the FA Cup. :)
im not 100% it would.....it would probably have the atmosphere....it may lack the "magic"....but its kinda hard to explain.....but its exeplified in the fact confrence team exeter held Man U at old Trafford........The FA cup create great stories....which requires crash bang whallop football...which unashameably is what english football is all about.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I saw the Chelsea-Man Utd game last night, great game yo

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

yeah, anyhow chelsea deserved 3points, too bad it ended up 0-0
chelsea look very very dngerous, with an inspired lampard, two of the best wingers in the world, a rock solid defence....they look a threat for the CL....allt he need is a big goalscorer...which is what drogba will turn out to be.

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
A Sad day for me.... We Are out of the cup !!!

Anyway, Let's forget it and Move on...We still have the League and the CL to play in

Mar 14, 2004

chelsea look very very dngerous, with an inspired lampard, two of the best wingers in the world, a rock solid defence....they look a threat for the CL....allt he need is a big goalscorer...which is what drogba will turn out to be.
I wouldn't go that far with wingers. Robben is no1 allright....but Duff?
He is more that solid but I dont consider him top one....neither does Chelsea.... If they do that they wouldnt make interest in Joaquin. 2 good LW is too much for one team.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Find yourself going back to much earlier in this thread, and you will notice that we all agreed that only the Englanders take their domestic cup seriously.

Why else would Madrid field a second string side against Valladolid yesterday, or Juve who were 2 goals down from the first leg still fielded a second string team, while on the other hand, Chelsea was at virtual full strength against (wiat for it...) Scunthorpe United!

I am unhappy that Juve lost the tie, but the fact remains that it hasn't taken anything away from us except a treble (which by the way, only the English mystify!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)