[Coppa Italia] Juventus 4-1 Sampdoria [January 18th, 2022] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Arthur really has people fooled again lol

He can only play against teams that have no intention of attacking.

He came on against Inter and lost countless balls even though ball retention is his supposed strength.

He was so bad against Udinese that Allegri subbed him off at half time.

He came on many times during the season before when we needed some creation and made no difference at all.

Hopefully two cameo performances against dreadful opposition will have Arsenal fooled too
I dont know - I think its a mental problem.
I saw him in the past and he is capable of doing great things but then he comes back to his routine in the sideways passess that contribute nothing..
I rather see him play some balls forward and lose some on the way than just play a ball to a player on his right or left without really contributing.

- - - Updated - - -

VAR can intervene and disallow goals only for fouls in the middle of the pitch when it pertains to disallowing a goal scored by Juventus (see extracts Rabiot vs Milan and Lichtsteiner vs Atalanta).
It doesn’t apply to other teams and the inconsistency shall not even be mentioned by the media.
Milan had the two biggest blunders in the last 10 years so the refs are definitely not against us.
We need to stop moaning and start playing.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

He came on against Inter and lost countless balls even though ball retention is his supposed strength.

He came on many times during the season before when we needed some creation and made no difference at all.

Hopefully two cameo performances against dreadful opposition will have Arsenal fooled too
we won't play more than 4 strongest teams than roma in the league. look at how the game changed when arthur was subbed in, and look at how we attacked and pressed vs samp too with loca playing further up.

it's not that arthur is so brilliant. it's that loca can help the attacks better with arthur behind him.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
we won't play more than 4 strongest teams than roma in the league. look at how the game changed when arthur was subbed in, and look at how we attacked and pressed vs samp too with loca playing further up.

it's not that arthur is so brilliant. it's that loca can help the attacks better with arthur behind him.
We played an even better game against Zenit without him. And he was playing in other games in which he made no difference.

Locatelli is fine either way. Him and McK are the best pairing we have. Difference yesterday was a bad team that we could push around. We cannot do that to most other with or without Arthur

I’d love to respond but you’re giving me a hard time finding something useful in your post
So I'm still doing better than Arthur? Thanks

Jun 16, 2020
We played an even better game against Zenit without him. And he was playing in other games in which he made no difference.

Locatelli is fine either way. Him and McK are the best pairing we have. Difference yesterday was a bad team that we could push around. We cannot do that to most other with or without Arthur

So I'm still doing better than Arthur? Thanks
Loca - Arthur - McK is our most balanced midfield, it has a bit of everything

Allegri sees McK as a very offensive midfielder, I’m quite sure we will see Loca - McK only on are occasions in a pivot unless it’s someone as Rabiot flanking them

Arthur in front of the defence will allow Loca to have a box to box role, improving the overall qualities of this team. Meanwhile McK is basically a AM

But ok let’s see if Arthur stays, he has qualities imo and I feel you’re pretty biased for some reason

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012

He was very good and was subbed because of the unnecessary yellow card.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was very good and was subbed because of the unnecessary yellow card.
Even by whoscored player ratings he was our second worst player behind Morty. He was good yesterday, but saying he was “very good” against Udinese is just bonkers. In a single half he gave away the ball three times in our half, and got a dumb yellow to boot. He dinked the ball around for some short sideways and backwards passes though, so I guess if that’s the standard for good… man, how far have we fallen from Pirlo and even Pjanic playing that position lol

Karim30

May 6, 2012
Even by whoscored player ratings he was our second worst player behind Morty. He was good yesterday, but saying he was “very good” against Udinese is just bonkers. In a single half he gave away the ball three times in our half, and got a dumb yellow to boot. He dinked the ball around for some short sideways and backwards passes though, so I guess if that’s the standard for good… man, how far have we fallen from Pirlo and even Pjanic playing that position lol
That’s a given, but he had a good game and was involved in our goal. It was a stupid yellow and he only played for 45 minutes that’s why his whoscored (lol) rating was low.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Arthur is our second worst rated outfield player with over 100 minutes this season in Serie A. Only Kaio Jorge is lower. And he is our second worst rated player in CL, with only Moise Kean lower.

Whoscored ratings don’t give a full picture and obviously aren’t perfect, but just one more damning indictment of Arthur Melo. Trash player.

Jun 16, 2020
Allegri literally said post match that he subbed him because he took a knock and because of his yellow card, at 3:40. And he was mostly complaining about the second half, what isnt strange because we were in control the first half and started very bad as soon as the second half begon. That he got subbed because he played so bad is completely made up

Karim30

May 6, 2012
Allegri literally said post match that he subbed him because he took a knock and because of his yellow card, at 3:40. And he was mostly complaining about the second half, what isnt strange because we were in control the first half and started very bad as soon as the second half begon. That he got subbed because he played so bad is completely made up

Since mid December, one month after returning from injury, Allegri is counting on him and more rather than not we play better when he’s starting, I am not against selling him but a dry loan in January without any financial benefit to us? Hell no.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That’s a given, but he had a good game and was involved in our goal. It was a stupid yellow and he only played for 45 minutes that’s why his whoscored (lol) rating was low.
We’re going to disagree then. He was rubbish in that match imo, and clearly in others’ opinions too. He had a “pre-assist” (lol), but also gave away the ball carelessly multiple times in our own half, picked up a stupid yellow, and continued his habit of dawdling on the ball and useless short side and back passing that bogs down our play.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Arthur is our second worst rated outfield player with over 100 minutes this season in Serie A. Only Kaio Jorge is lower. And he is our second worst rated player in CL, with only Moise Kean lower.

Whoscored ratings don’t give a full picture and obviously aren’t perfect, but just one more damning indictment of Arthur Melo. Trash player.
arthur's average time on the pitch is 30 minutes. of course his whoscored score will be shit: the more successful passes, tackles, interceptions, key passes (etc) you make, the higher your score will be. you won't do shit in 20-30 minutes. he had a good cameo vs roma; whoscored rated him 6.37... and whoscored also ignored the coppa and supercoppa games.

anyway, arthur's stats aren't that bad if you per 90 min metrics (cl first, then league):

1642625931439.png

1642625980654.png

of course he's not our best mid, both loca and mckennie are having a better season, but whoscored makes bench players worse than they actually are, while per 90 metrics do the opposite: as a sub, you're usually playing vs a more exhausted side, and you couldn't possibly keep your performances at the same level for full games.

:boh:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
arthur's average time on the pitch is 30 minutes. of course his whoscored score will be shit: the more successful passes, tackles, interceptions, key passes (etc) you make, the higher your score will be. you won't do shit in 20-30 minutes. he had a good cameo vs roma; whoscored rated him 6.37... and whoscored also ignored the coppa and supercoppa games.

anyway, arthur's stats aren't that bad if you per 90 min metrics (cl first, then league):

1642625931439.png

1642625980654.png

of course he's not our best mid, both loca and mckennie are having a better season, but whoscored makes bench players worse than they actually are, while per 90 metrics do the opposite: as a sub, you're usually playing vs a more exhausted side, and you couldn't possibly keep your performances at the same level for full games.

:boh:
Fair enough. For some reason I assumed whoscored did /90 and not this /appearance silliness. Ratings are truly worthless there then.

From having watched him play for a year and a half now, Arturd seems mostly useless against any half-decent competition. Dawdles on the ball, mostly makes short sideways and backwards passes, doesn’t do much in terms of a DM/regista’s job as far as putting in tackles, blocks, interceptions, clearances, which is okay if you’re Pirlo, but not if you’re Arthur, and somewhat frequently does stupid shit and loses the ball in dangerous positions in our half.

If he was on a reasonable salary, he’d be fine as a 4th mid, but isn’t, and his book value is also ridiculous. So we should sell him the first opportunity we get.

Karim30

May 6, 2012
A dry loan for 6 months only without a loan fee shouldn’t be considered. We will save like 1m with this formula if we really should pay for the tax differences as he would’ve stayed less than two years in Italy. Can’t see why we would agree to that tbh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)