[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 3-0 Napoli (January 13th, 2010) (22 Viewers)

MOM

• Chiellini

• Melo

• Del Piero

• Diego

• Caceres

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Mahnigga - 6
Caceres - 7
Legro - 6
Chiellini - 7
Grosso - 5.5
Melo - 7
Brazzo - 6
De Ceglie - 6.5
Diego - 7.5
Amauri - 6
Del Piero - 6.5
I enjoyed reading your ratings, teeth...as you rarely seem to dish out unearned praise. And let me ask you a couple of questions...

we played 4-3-1-2??? How did it look and feel???
Was this truly our best performance since the Inter game???
Does it mean you would be happy to see Ciro given time...or think because of this result he will be given more time???
The start of our recovery???

mainly aimed at you, teeth, but anyone, please feel free to answer...as i missed thet game.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Actually, looking at how the game progressed, I think it was Diego who got the game going in our favor. His early goal and movement certainly gave us some inspiration out there.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Good game by all. My ratings would be:

Manninger - 6
Had nothing to do really looking particularly assured dealing with crosses.
Caceres - 7
Good game by Martin. Had a hand in the first goal and his efforts were finally awarded with a great assist for the second goal.
Legro - 6.5
No major mistakes.
Chiellini - 8
What a beast! As usual, nothing more to say here.
Grosso - 5.5
Had a tough night against Zuniga. If it wasn't for Zuniga's dreadful crossing in the first half, Grosso would've been blamed for a napoli goal.
Melo - 7
Good game. Handled Hamsik well when the latter came in. If he can just stick to the simple game he played tonight, we would've said money well spent on him. Needs to perform like this for at least the next 5 matches.
PDC - 6.5
Nice game. Hustled almost every Napoli player he faced even if he didn't succeed most of the time. Good work on the left side offensively.
Brazzo - 6
Nothing special. not a bad show, though.
Diego - 8
Great display. That's the man who we relied on at the beginning of the season. Scored a goal, won a penalty and exchanged some good passes with Ale and PDC.
Del Piero - 7
Looked out of shape in the first half, missing a certain goal. That was expected since he missed a lot of competitive matches this season. The second half showed what Ale is all about! Scored twice. Yes, it was easy to score the two goals but his continuous movement on the pitch is what made the difference. Sublime finishes for the two goals, though.
Amauri - 6
A little bit of improvement from Amauri. His touches are much better exchanged some good passes but his movement isn't that good yet. I hope he goes up the ladder and improve his game in the next few matches.
Subs:
Grygera - 6

Good game defensively. Although he had some troubles dealing with Maggio.
Zebina - N/A
Immobile - N/A

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I enjoyed reading your ratings, teeth...as you rarely seem to dish out unearned praise. And let me ask you a couple of questions...

we played 4-3-1-2??? How did it look and feel???
Was this truly our best performance since the Inter game???
Does it mean you would be happy to see Ciro given time...or think because of this result he will be given more time???
The start of our recovery???

mainly aimed at you, teeth, but anyone, please feel free to answer...as i missed thet game.
Personally, I wouldn't look too much into this match. The trend in our performances is still overall to the downside. Just like in any series of events, whether it be the stock market, climatological matters, or what have you, you can still have cases of positive results during periods of particularly bad times. Unless we can get a few good matches under our belt, this win is meaningless.

If Hiddink would be available, I'd still sign him despite this match.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Well in my opinion this game showed that everything doesn't depend on the coach. The players made a lot fewer mistakes now and played with better commitment and this is the result. Hopefully we can keep it up, especially now since the board confirmed once again that Ciro isn't going anywhere. I was especially delighted by the performances of Melo and Diego considering how they have played before and all the criticism.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Don't you think so?
I bet he would have taped that one over the bar or somewhere else but not in the goal. And he would have made some useless Ninja move while doing it:D
No,

However I'm just a Brazilian fanboy. He played alot better tonight linked up with Del Piero and Diego alot better. For such a big guy he needs to learn to stay on his feet more though.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
No,

However I'm just a Brazilian fanboy. He played alot better tonight linked up with Del Piero and Diego alot better. For such a big guy he needs to learn to stay on his feet more though.
He isn't Brazilian :seven:
Well in the first half of the last Season I guess he would have scored, but since a year his touch is awful and I really see this one missed:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)