[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 22, 2013) (3 Viewers)

MoM

• Barzagli

• Vidal

• Pogba

• Giovinco

• Peluso

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not a bad performance overall.

No space whatsoever in the midfield with both teams playing 3-5-1-1, so playing through the middle was pretty well impossible for both sides.

Juve engineered a couple of good situations with Isla early on and I thought they could have tried harder to get down that side throughout the game. Nothing doing on the left, though, which made it even harder for Juve to find space.

Conte clearly told Juve to play longer in the second half to try and stretch things out and that worked well - forcing Lazio deeper and opening a little space between their defence and midfield.

Once Juve got the goal and Lazio brought Candreva on for Ledesma, the game really opened up and Juve played a burst of very good football that should have resulted in another couple of goals and the tie being over before the second game.

As much as I dislike goals being conceded from set-pieces, that was a tough one to avoid: Vucinic has to go for the ball, even though he's not sure he can reach it, and it's very difficult for De Ceglie to stay in control of the situation against Mauri after the ball is flicked on like that. Ideally, Matri, who was just behind Vucinic, would have given him a shout to leave the corner for him to clear, but that's a tough call to make.

It's not like Juve concede a lot of goals from set-pieces, so that not really an issue - unlike the continuing failure to take the chances to make a game safe.

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you complaining that Vucinic should have got a penalty:

Yeah, it probably was a penalty, but Juve's goal probably should have been disallowed for Peluso climbing on Lulic.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
Am I the only one who thinks that was a very good game, and a thoroughly entertaining one at that? Lazio may have had 0 shots on goal barring the goal itself but they put up a good physical fight and pressure too. Other than DC's lapse of concentration that led to Mauri's goal, I really cannot fault Juventus, I thought we played an excellent game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Am I the only one who thinks that was a very good game, and a thoroughly entertaining one at that? Lazio may have had 0 shots on goal barring the goal itself but they put up a good physical fight and pressure too. Other than DC's lapse of concentration that led to Mauri's goal, I really cannot fault Juventus, I thought we played an excellent game.
Yeah, I thought Juve did fine except for their poor finishing.

I'd say it was interesting rather than entertaining.

Both teams just packed centre of the pitch rather than doing anything particularly good or clever to stifle the opposition.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
he bet over on # of throw ins.
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

wow, i wouldn't have done that.
Bonucci the boss that he is, you would do what he tells you to do

anyways on the game itself, again great energy shown by the players i am a little disappointed about conceding at the end but unlike some of the comments i've read there is no way Juve are in "Crisis" as i've read

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Meeeeh game today. Marchetti is impressive. Dare I say it? Best keeper in Italy right now probably.
He is like that week in week out... just he doesnt do it for Italy when he had the chance.

- - - Updated - - -

no thats zauri

mauri is the cheat that should be in jail for the betting scandal
We should sign Zauri we need players like him

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Why didnt we change to 4-3-3 after the goal?? Wasnt Conte the one who said that 4-3-3 is more defensive than 3-5-2? I would sure like me some nice "defending" with the 4-3-3. Please Conte, defend!

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Why didnt we change to 4-3-3 after the goal?? Wasnt Conte the one who said that 4-3-3 is more defensive than 3-5-2? I would sure like me some nice "defending" with the 4-3-3. Please Conte, defend!
Yes, the 4-3-3 is much superior on set pieces. If only all 11 of our players in the box knew we were playing a 4-3-3! We could have won!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)