[Coppa Italia] Atalanta 0-1 JUVENTUS [January 30th 2018] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Buffon

• Higuain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Only reason I didn't get one of the jerseys is because they were sold out ridiculously fast.. That idiot is clearly one of the bastards who either only started watching us after Conte got us back, or who gave up on the club when we got relegated. I think the majority of the lads on this forum watched most of our Serie B games, it prepared us to sit through each of the 90min of our performances of the last few weeks :lol:
Well said. :tup:

On topic, i'd say we got this game in our reach, is clear to me that we taking it serious having rested for this game players as Chiellini, Alex Sandro , Matuidi and with Buffon back aswell i really can't see us messing up this one, experience will play a huge part...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
If we play as poorly as we did yesterday they'll make us pay, Atalanta are a good side and not to be underestimated.
Hope we don't get an early lead, and then decide to park the bus for a 1-0 victory. We all know what happened last time at Atalanta, and we were up by 2 that time..

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I know that to win Coppa Italia we only have three more matches left, but I do have a bad feeling about this messing with our results in Serie A.

We have a tough run of games from today till 18th February with 5 games in 20 days and then again from 25th February till March 17th with 6 games in 21 days, especially this second run with Atalanta twice, Spurs, Lazio, Udinese and SPAL can turn really ugly.

IMO we should field our reserves as much as possible in Coppa and save the legs of Pjanič, Chiellini, Benatia, Mandžukič, Costa for more important competitions.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I know that to win Coppa Italia we only have three more matches left, but I do have a bad feeling about this messing with our results in Serie A.

We have a tough run of games from today till 18th February with 5 games in 20 days and then again from 25th February till March 17th with 6 games in 21 days, especially this second run with Atalanta twice, Spurs, Lazio, Udinese and SPAL can turn really ugly.

IMO we should field our reserves as much as possible in Coppa and save the legs of Pjanič, Chiellini, Benatia, Mandžukič, Costa for more important competitions.
The season is just starting...

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
A strange line-up, I feel like one or two players will be different to the official one tonight. I read on several sites that they expect Gigi to start at the goal, but why now? Even if he is fully-fit, why not start Woj now for the Coppa game and start Gigi on Sunday vs Sass?! I think Woj should start tonight. Also I remember someone quoted Max saying that Claudio is fine and will play vs Atalanta. Hope that is true, lets give Big game Sami a little break. I also hope Gonzalo is rested tonight and Mario is back in the striker role. Anyway, whoever plays we should score at least one goal and pretty much make the return leg a little easier for ourselves. I like Football Italia`s line-up better, and hope for two rotations - Woj for Gigi and Marchisio for Khedira:

Probable Juventus team for Atalanta: Buffon; De Sciglio, Benatia, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira; Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Douglas Costa

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Coppa is important competition.
I'm not denying it is, but is it more important than Serie A? We can't ignore the form of Napoli, this is not like previous 3 Allegri seasons, this time our competitors are on pace to gather 98 points by the seasons end. And those guys are completely out of Coppa and will probably prioritize Serie A over EL as well.

Does playing Rugani, Barza at CB, Bentancur, Marchisio at CM or Berna and some youngster upfront automatically mean we'll loose to Atalanta? We might be weaker and less stable, but we still stand a good chance

- - - Updated - - -

The season is just starting...
Actually it started in August and at this point half of our attacking force is either injured or loaned out

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
:red:

Come february and we are competing on three fronts...
then what's the point of having, f.e. Rugani in the team if he's not allowed into rotation even in Coppa? It's been almost 2 months since he last stepped on the pitch, he's been riding the bench for 9 Serie A games straight. I'm not saying we should throw this away, I'm saying rest some of the starters here so we don't have to rest them in Serie A or run them into the ground by never resting them

it's the same with Bentancur, he played somewhat regularly the first few months of the season, but since the start of November he's played 24 minutes in CL and 54 in Serie A, will we automatically loose if we field him?

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
then what's the point of having, f.e. Rugani in the team if he's not allowed into rotation even in Coppa? It's been almost 2 months since he last stepped on the pitch, he's been riding the bench for 9 Serie A games straight. I'm not saying we should throw this away, I'm saying rest some of the starters here so we don't have to rest them in Serie A or run them into the ground by never resting them

it's the same with Bentancur, he played somewhat regularly the first few months of the season, but since the start of November he's played 24 minutes in CL and 54 in Serie A, will we automatically loose if we field him?
Halma

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)