Copa America 2011 - General Thread (8 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I only watched the first half and I was half sleeping through it, so was it the sleepy me or did Messi play a brilliant trequartista performance in the first half? Some of his passes to create 100% chances were crazy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I only watched the first half and I was half sleeping through it, so was it the sleepy me or did Messi play a brilliant trequartista performance in the first half? Some of his passes to create 100% chances were crazy.
I can count at least 5 one on ones he created for his teammates yesterday. In the second half he created some as well. Maybe Maradona wasn't wrong in playing him as a trequartista afterall :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I can count at least 5 one on ones he created for his teammates yesterday. In the second half he created some as well. Maybe Maradona wasn't wrong in playing him as a trequartista afterall :D
You have a much better view and more options when you're in the center. I don't think it was a coincidence that Messi's assist numbers went sky high when he started playing in the center for Barca (or better: when he started spending more time in the center, since he's moving everywhere in the final third). He had around 10 assists per season and this year he almost doubled it to 18 (more than 20 in all competitions).
Yesterday he played the trequartista/playmaker role better than those who specialize in this role and are considered the best in it. It also helped that he had strikers in front of him. Players who are used to depend on others creating for them, unlike Tevez (who works alone) and especially Lavezzi who is used to work for a striker.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You have a much better view and more options when you're in the center. I don't think it was a coincidence that Messi's assist numbers went sky high when he started playing in the center for Barca (or better: when he started spending more time in the center, since he's moving everywhere in the final third). He had around 10 assists per season and this year he almost doubled it to 18 (more than 20 in all competitions).
Yesterday he played the trequartista/playmaker role better than those who specialize in this role and are considered the best in it. It also helped that he had strikers in front of him. Players who are used to depend on others creating for them, unlike Tevez (who works alone) and especially Lavezzi who is used to work for a striker.
Yes, you're right. Having someone like Higuain in front of him, despite the fact that Higuain missed both one on one chances he had, but having someone like that, that would move off the ball for you all the time, makes it a lot easier to play as a Trequarista. I agree that moving him to the center has made him more effective, frankly he was getting found out when playing on the right. Playing in the center gives him a lot more freedom, and he gets on the ball a lot.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Obliged. Something about not being allowed to play in two international tournaments in the same year.

What a gay ass avatar you have there :p

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
pfffttt reading through 12 pages and all i get is football talk,where are the pics from the stands? standards are dropping around here

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Damn, both teams without the best players. I waited for nothing.
Alen i got some great news for you :p

Pozzo a ss24:non è assolutamente vero che sanchez è del barcellona; anzi prima o poi e più prima che poi il barcellona deve decidersi, altrimenti cominceremo a trattare con altre squadre ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)