Copa America 2011 - General Thread (11 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Great game till now. Both teams are playing with a lot of passion, its a real south american encounter. Uruguay are very good in set pieces, not forgetting how good Caceres and Lugano are in the air, but still, Uruguay's strength in set pieces has to be credited to Forlan's amazing deliveries. Seriously, few players can hit a dead ball with as much accuracy and swerve as Forlan, he's amazing.

Messi playing a great game for Argentina, Uruguay just jhave no solution to stop him, he's running circles around them, and his through balls have been amazing too. That was a very nice ball he played for Higuain's goal.

As for the red card, whether the second offense was a bookable offense or not, Diego Perez should have been sent off from that first challenge against Masch.

Argentina need to be wary of set pieces in the second half, Uruguay might surprise Argentina with a set piece.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi's good probably the best, but I'm going to need you all to remember than ronaldo is on par
We've been through this a million times.:D

Messi is a creator and a scorer, Ronaldo is only a scorer. Messi is insanely talented, the way he controls the ball, the way he almost never loses it, the way he glides past defenders like they aren't there, the way he gives strikers goals on golden platters make him superior to any other player in the world. Ronaldo, or anyone else. Messi is simply the best.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
We've been through this a million times.:D

Messi is a creator and a scorer, Ronaldo is only a scorer. Messi is insanely talented, the way he controls the ball, the way he almost never loses it, the way he glides past defenders like they aren't there, the way he gives strikers goals on golden platters make him superior to any other player in the world. Ronaldo, or anyone else. Messi is simply the best.
But here is the deal what difference does it make if messi can glide through other players better ? At the end of the day they both equal goals :D

Ronaldo is a better free kick taker but not so much a team player doesn't make him any less of a player

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But here is the deal what difference does it make if messi can glide through other players better ? At the end of the day they both equal goals :D

Ronaldo is a better free kick taker but not so much a team player doesn't make him any less of a player
Ronaldo doesn't create half as much as Messi does. I also think its quite telling that Ronaldo scored most of his goals, when Real Madrid officially lost the title and the pressure was off.

Ronaldo is an amazing player, i don't take that away from him. But Messi is just something else.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
Ronaldo doesn't create half as much as Messi does. I also think its quite telling that Ronaldo scored most of his goals, when Real Madrid officially lost the title and the pressure was off.

Ronaldo is an amazing player, i don't take that away from him. But Messi is just something else.

Remember his 30+ goal haul at man utd ending with a CL Title ?

It's not his fault Barca is God like at the moment.

I will say messi had the better season but we've been blessed to see two players of such skill grace the game at the same time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)