Copa America 2011 - General Thread (12 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
A three man midfield?

I was suggesting a slightly adjusted 4-2-3-1 formation.

Against most teams, the back four and the two deep midfielders will be enough for Argentina, so the forward four would't have to do much defending.
I disagree. They'll be raped on the counter if Messi &co don't track back and defend when they lose the ball; which they won't..

Jul 1, 2010
Yea, it would make more sense so Messi could cut inside and shoot with his left foot while Aguero could do the opposite.

Cambiasso-Mascherano
Pastore
Messi-Higuain-Aguero​

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yea, it would make more sense so Messi could cut inside and shoot with his left foot while Aguero could do the opposite.

Cambiasso-Mascherano
Pastore
Messi-Higuain-Aguero​
i don't know what those argentinians coaches are smoking, this is so obvious
You could also start Di Maria insted of Aguero for more defensive cover for the wing.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
You guys saw Messi running backwards to get the ball? That's what happens when you have three defensive midfielders who can't link the lines. And that's why I don't like when people want two DM alongside Pirlo too. Even with the best forwards you can't play well with three defensive minded players in the midfield.

Banega - Masch - Pastore
Messi - Higuain - Aguero

I'd play this if I was the coach. They have practically the best midfield+attack of the world with also a great depth. Their coach is so lame...

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Colombia: Martinez; Zuniga, Yepes, Perea, Armero; Bolivar, Guarin, Aguilar; Moreno, Ramos, Falcao.

Costa Rica: Moreira; Acosta, Calvo, Duarte, Salvatierra; Leal, Guzman, Madrigal, Mora; Brenes, Campbell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)