coolest man/woman in ROCK (that means no LP :P) (1 Viewer)

Alex

May 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dharurat ] ++
jimi hendrix for me is the coolest dude ever to walk the face of this planet. A true rock God....
A perfect evaluation Dharurat.

3. JIMI HENDRIX- also the first cool black musician to reach main stream white audiences
2. SLASH- the leather pants, the wavy hair, the cigarette (copy off Jimi H), the torn jeans, and the way he stands when playing solos
1. Slash's best friend AXL WASHINGTON ROSE- the dancing, the voice, the power, the bike pants and his presence/antics

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

A perfect evaluation Dharurat.

3. JIMI HENDRIX- also the first cool black musician to reach main stream white audiences
2. SLASH- the leather pants, the wavy hair, the cigarette (copy off Jimi H), the torn jeans, and the way he stands when playing solos
1. Slash's best friend AXL WASHINGTON ROSE- the dancing, the voice, the power, the bike pants and his presence/antics
Pretty good list but Axl Rose should be third at most. And you really can't say that Slash's smoking is a rip off.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

Pretty good list but Axl Rose should be third at most. And you really can't say that Slash's smoking is a rip off.
Axl should be number one because of the cool things he did. Most people just talk the talk, axl walked the walk :)

Dharurat

Oct 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

and now they are using him for a pepsi commercial. :fero::groan:
really?? how is that possible? or even ethical?

....... though i can understand it if they used jimi for a COKE commercial... :D

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
Off all time
3. Matt Barlow
2. Jon Schaffer
1.James Hetfield

At The Moment
3.Kirk Hammett
2.Jon Schaffer
1.James Hetfield

Maybe no-one will agree.

I don't care.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Coolest guy in rock of all time? That's easy: Alex Chilton.

Coolest guy right now? If this was 10 years ago, I'd say either Ian MacKaye or Guy Picciato of Fugazi or Mac MacCaughan of Superchunk. But longevity counts as well as current viability, and I'd have to say the living-and-yet-still-relevant legend at the moment has to be Neil Young.

Neil is all over the map, he has continually done whatever the hell he felt like, and he's scored big cool points off the record and stage as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)