Conte (1 Viewer)

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
Conte set for Juve deal - Channel 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Conte is set to start talks with Juventus over a new one-year deal with the Italian champions.

The 34-year-old has less than six months left on his current contract but his Juve career is set to continue.

Conte started this campaign on the bench but returned to the line-up after the Bianconeri hit a bad spell just before Christmas.

Despite his age, Conte has impressed in midfield with his physical ability and his vast experience.

Reports suggest that Conte will meet officials in the next few weeks in a bid to reach an agreement.

The former Italian international has been in Turin since his 1991 November switch from home town club Lecce.

Conte, who was the club captain when he was guaranteed a first team shirt, is the longest serving member of the current squad.

-----

I think that it is the wrong dicision too keep Conte.
Yes, he is not bad at the moment, but there must be a kind of revolution with the age. Juve should make him a nice end this season and that's it.
Appiah should get the opportunity to replace him!!!

And that's the same about the defense. Ferrara or Montero should end his career at the end of the season and somebody young must play...

What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
I think that it is the wrong dicision too keep Conte.
Yes, he is not bad at the moment, but there must be a kind of revolution with the age. Juve should make him a nice end this season and that's it.
His contract expires at the end of this season, that means he could walk out to any other club without them having to pay money at us! THAT would be a bad decision to make. Excellent news, keep him at Juve as a sub and if anyone wants him, they have to pay.

Appiah should get the opportunity to replace him!!!
This I agree with, put Conte on the bench and let Appiah play.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I actually like it when Conte plays. He was our best player in the CL final and he has the passion. Sure, he might not have the same legs as 5 years ago, but he's not such a liability as many players his age are

Sep 28, 2002
who cares. let him sign that extension. throwing your old guardy is always wrong. its not like he takes away playing time from youngsters. if he playes ahead of appiah that means he is better at the moment. let him sign and he will retire after that.

OP
Juvefreak

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    There are no doubts! Conte was and perhaps is a great player, who is a Bianconeri for 100% and he always gives his best!

So, my statement was a little bit wrong. But my question is only when Juve have to do this kind of revolution!?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Juvefreak ] ++
    So, my statement was a little bit wrong. But my question is only when Juve have to do this kind of revolution!?
    I'm afraid your waiting will be in vain here my man, Moggi doesn't do revolutions. If he were to get shot in the chest he would probably just put a patch over it.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    I'm afraid your waiting will be in vain here my man, Moggi doesn't do revolutions. If he were to get shot in the chest he would probably just put a patch over it.
    :LOL: :LOL: with a used italian patch too...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Whatever ne1 says, i think Conte is still worth his place in the squad. He plays occasionally, but he still has the passion. And thats for all to see on the field.

And after all these years dedicated to Juve, if he wants to continue playing, why not extend his contract for another year before he retires.

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    no. i think you are the first person from deutschland on these forums!
    *waving*...hellooo :) here is another guy from this beautiful land where apes are employed as no1. gk! [LAC], you should look more often in the Location line :D

back to the topic....imo Conte is unsalable. He's doing well recently, is very passionate and his blood is black and white!! He is a symbol for JUVE for those (e.g. -Z- :) ) who like to see other symbols on the bench... So we have the great opportunity to array one symbol on the field and the other on the bench - a good trade-off :D

"Cuore, grinta è umiltà, Antonio Conte idolo degli ultrà. Grazie Capitano!"

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    IMO, this is wrong. Conte has been doing his "invisible man" routine on the field everytime I've seen him this year, and we don't need that. We really need to put someone else on instead of Conte, our midfield is struggling.

And I don't believe anyone is going to give us any real money for Conte if he leaves. If they wanted they could have contacted him and signed him for free in the summer already.

I think he should have gone to Lecce and finished his career there as he said he would. Right now he's not a useful sub, he stealing playing time from Maresca and Appiah, and it's costing us.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Whatever!
    Don't forget he is the longest serving member of the current Juve squad. And I wuite like him. Sometimes he plays very well and leads our team too. I say keep him as sub. He deserves to end his career as a bianconero for what he has given us

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    he is playing bette than appiah.
    I don't think so. He gets good ratings in the papers, but on the field he is invisible. Plus Appiah is the future, and he should be allowed to develop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)