Conte: Ready for Parma (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Antonio Conte is confident the Bianconeri will be unaffected by Wednesday’s energy-sapping Coppa Italia success over Milan when they return to Serie A duties against Parma tomorrow afternoon.
Addressing the media in Vinovo, Conte began: “We had an intense 120 minutes in the Coppa Italia on Wednesday night. There was an important target on offer and both us and Milan did all we could to achieve it. However, we’re well trained and I’m sure our added efforts won’t affect our performance in Parma.”
Juventus travel to the Tardini looking to get their championship campaign back on track following last weekend’s surprise defeat at the hands of Sampdoria. But Conte admits the in-form Gialloblu will represent a tough prospect on home soil.
“They go into the encounter on the back of four straight successes and have yet to lose a game at home. We know it’s a difficult venue to go to and that they will want to put on a good show.
“But we’re determined to get back on course in the championship following last weekend’s reverse against Sampdoria. I’m sure we’ll see a good game, contested by two sides who will both be pushing for the win.”
Conte then moved on to discuss his options in attack, with Wednesday night’s match-winner Mirko Vucinic again expected to start from the bench as he continues his road to full recovery.
“We’re continuing to monitor Mirko’s condition. His injury requires us to manage his deployment and I don’t want to risk losing him for a long period of time.
“I’ve got total belief in all the strikers available to me. What counts is their overall contribution to the cause, not the number of minutes played.”
With the transfer window currently in full swing, Conte commented on the possibility of new arrivals in January before taking the time to express his admiration for Ciro Immobile.
“January is never an easy moment to find the right players who will improve the level of quality and represent an economically viable option. In addition, clubs with quality players will be looking to retain them.
“I’ve got a lot of time for Immobile. I saw him develop with Juve’s Primavera side and tried to bring him in for half a season when I was at Siena. He’s got plenty of hunger and we have half of his registration rights, so we’ll keep a close eye on him.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)