Conte hails Juve transfer activity (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Antonio Conte has spoken of his vision for the club following last year’s championship triumph.
An unexpected title win saw Juventus reunited with the Scudetto trophy after a six-year absence, and Conte insists the feel good factor surrounding the club can propel the Bianconeri to further success.
But before outlining his hopes for the new season, the manager tackled the inevitable question on last Friday’s events in Rome.
“Even in the darkest and most difficult moments of this affair,” he said, “I’ve always held great trust and belief in those conducting the inquiry. I was asked to go and see the authorities and ran through the events point by point. I cleared up my side of the story and maintain it was absolutely credible. I’m very calm about the situation.”
Moving back to football, Conte, who spent several seasons in Val d’Aosta as a player alongside Alessandro Del Piero, commented on the striker’s absence from the team’s preparations.
“It feels strange that he’s no longer here. He enjoyed a great season last year and helped me out from my very first day as manager. I would like to thank him for everything he did last year, and for all he’s done over his time at Juventus. He’s a presence that is definitely missed, but we know that you have to move on in life. I wish him all the best.”
The Bianconeri will be challenging in the championship, Champions League and Coppa Italia next season and Conte is determined to face all three competitions with the same hunger to win.
“We’ll look to follow up last year’s Scudetto victory and go as far as we can in the Champions League. We’ll aim to face the competition with great enthusiasm and determination from all concerned. It’s important we’re focused on all of our objectives, without ever forgetting where we came from and what led us to win the title.”
Helping the ambitious 42-year-old in striving to re-establish Juve on the European stage will be several reinforcements purchased in the summer transfer window.
“I’m very happy with the club’s business in the transfer market. We’re both on the same wavelength and speak on a daily basis about how things are panning out.
“Asamoah and Isla are two very strong players and possess the right characteristics for Juventus. We’re aware that Isla’s working his way back from a nasty injury, but he’s a great player so we’ll be patient and allow him to fully recover. Both he and Asamoah will offer a lot.”
“Giovinco’s return is another great move by the club - we really wanted to bring him back. He’s quick, technically gifted, strong in one-one situations, scores goals, lays on assists and capable in dead ball situations. He can be a determining player but still needs to develop.”
“The minute Lucio came available there was no hesitation from our side. He showed enthusiasm in buying into the project of a young team that wanted to continue to develop and win. I’m happy about the welcome he’s received and convinced he’ll have a good season.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)