conte as team captain (1 Viewer)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Paranoia may have a point here as Dp as captain does more than he will normally do as i think that has prevented him from scoring more goals as he feels he needs to defend atack and play midfiled but i guess he will welcome just playing as a striker and for someone to share the creativity with as it can be overbearing

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    agreed.a player needs to be free to create and score and being a purpose defeats the purpose of playing him as a player who will create for others in the first place.as denco has pointed out it will take someone else to take some weight off his shoulders as he has the burden of being captain and keeping an eye on his teammates.conte is a veteran in juve,even more so than dp and conte is more of the tough type,dp doesn't seem like one to give orders but rather one who carries them out with maximum efficiency and style.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't know why Montero is not team captain to be honest or even Davids maybe the added responsibility will stop him from losing his temper unnecessarily at times

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    montero would be a good choice but davids,if what you say comes true it would be great both for him and the team but if it backfires....well...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Well IMO MOntero should be captain. He is experienced, and more stable than Davids- who's going thru a tough patch recently. Although I wont mind seeing Buffon as captain- just to see what happens. Or Nedved

Jul 12, 2002
    I have two problems with Buffon being captain:

1. He has no leadership capability

2. He is not the type of player or person to be captain, too selfish.

As for Nedved, I think that most other players would describe him as too selfish to be a captain too.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Well you have a point. But I dont mind a selfish player as long as they are good leaders. You forget that the greatest leaders usually have attitude problems, and Im willing to compromise there.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Nedved too early to be considered captain of juve ditto for buffon, besides don't like goalkeepers as captains, for that matter don't like forwards either

Pessotto is too quiet and does not seem to have leadership qualities, Tacchinardi does but not good enough

Still stand by Montero and Conte

But in future if he ever comes back i think Brighi will make a good captain

OP
    Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    conte for now,dp for the future,brighi for the distant future.
    how's that?

juvesta

Sep 6, 2002
    I definitely agree with denco, Davids in my opinion should be captain.He'll be more responsible and will feel the team is behind him.Just look at arsenal's viera and again the pitbull can beat the crap out of anyone who doesn't perfom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)