Conspiracy Theories? (1 Viewer)

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
What consipiracy is behind the moon landing? Anyone wishing to enlighten me?
The theory says that the whole landing scene of Neil Armstrong was staged in the united states so they'd appear more advanced than the Russians back in the cold war days .. Apparently, if true, this started America's eventual "victory" ..

the question is, Jack, someone like you, al3ain 3alek barda, should know of such theory, it's quite infamous :)?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I have never heard of such a thing before actually but maybe because I am not that much into space discoveries and the sort. I think that it is just a waste of money, money that can be used to make Africa less hungry, for example.

Jul 2, 2006
What consipiracy is behind the moon landing? Anyone wishing to enlighten me?
Moon landing hoax accusations

Many conspiracy theorists insist that the Apollo moon landings were a hoax. These accusations flourish in part because predictions by enthusiasts that Moon landings would become commonplace have not yet come to pass. Some claims can be empirically discredited by three retroreflector arrays left on the Moon by Apollo 11, 14 and 15. Today, anyone on Earth with an appropriate laser and telescope system may bounce laser beams off of these devices, verifying deployment of the Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment at historically documented Apollo moon landing sites.

In addition, close scrutiny of film footage of the EVA's shows clearly something that could not be replicated in an Earth sound-stage. Lunar dust kicked up by the astronauts and the Lunar Rovers shoots up quite high because of the low gravity, but settles just as rapidly as there is no air resistance. Watching this film footage, and comparing it to footage from the Tom Hanks miniseries, From the Earth to the Moon—which does show dust clouds resulting from the actors' spacesuits kicking up dust—shows this difference clearly.

wikipedia

Jun 26, 2007
It's certainly not a waste of money. Results of experiments in space lead to discoveries in i.e. material science which can have very useful applications for civilians.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's certainly not a waste of money. Results of experiments in space lead to discoveries in i.e. material science which can have very useful applications for civilians.
Material science still does not feed thousands of hungry kids.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yes it does. Science comes from education. Education creates civilized societies.

Very simplistic(and somewhat faulty) explanation, but the essence of it is correct.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes it does. Science comes from education. Education creates civilized societies.

Very simplistic(and somewhat faulty) explanation, but the essence of it is correct.
I, being an educated person, should not disagree with what you said. However, what I have been meaning from the beginning is about priorities and you know what I am talking about.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
I'm a huge believer in conspiracy theories.
Other conspiracy theories I'd like to hear your thoughts on:
- Free Masonry (Illuminati)
- 9/11
- Roswell
and of course the biggest of them all
- Calciopoli

Jun 26, 2007
Not in a direct way, but it's apllications can increase their prosperity. One example of something very useful that science has provided them is a windable radio that doesn't need an electrical source. Better than buying them food packs imo...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)